UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America in the movies

rsprin

he does look awsome but it just makes me sad that they picked the worst villains for the ironman movies, i mean how come cap gets redskull and arnim zola, thor gets loki and the destroyer and ironman gets bondage whip guy and suicidal old man in tin can? :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ironmans villains are some of the coolest ones youve got the big ones:

the mandarin

crimson dynamo

titanium man

ghost

blizzard

and the cool not as popular ones:

fing fang foom

MODOK

spymaster

If you want to say the derivative Iron Man rip-offs and bad-taste Asian stereotype are your bag, we'll just agree to disagree. But Blizzard?? :lol:

i dont care about the characters background i just think their costume/powers are cool and would have made for a better movie with a bigger fan following. im not saying the movies werent good im just disapointed we didnt see his arch-enemies like cap and thor are

With Cap and Thor, you really don't have a choice. They've got a single arch-villain. Iron Man's closest counterpart is probably the Mandarin, and though I thought the Middle Eastern guy from the first film was supposed to be analogous to Mandarin in some ways (he talked about "the ten rings" or some such thing), he isn't very well known or important to the character in the way that, say, a Red Skull to Cap is, or Magneto to the X-Men. As such, the producers had lee-way to do whatever the heck they wanted without fan backlash regarding the choice of villains.

Maybe you are right and this was detrimental to the success of the films, but I personally don't think subbing Blizzard or Spymaster for Whiplash would have put many more butts in the seats. Just my opinion.

Edited by karamazov80

With Cap and Thor, you really don't have a choice. They've got a single arch-villain. Iron Man's closest counterpart is probably the Mandarin, and though I thought the Middle Eastern guy from the first film was supposed to be analogous to Mandarin in some ways (he talked about "the ten rings" or some such thing), he isn't very well known or important to the character in the way that, say, a Red Skull to Cap is, or Magneto to the X-Men. As such, the producers had lee-way to do whatever the heck they wanted without fan backlash regarding the choice of villains.

Maybe you are right and this was detrimental to the success of the films, but I personally don't think subbing Blizzard or Spymaster for Whiplash would have put many more butts in the seats. Just my opinion.

they could have easily used crimosn dynamo or titanium man or had the second movie be about AIM, those are 3 major villains right there

It is not for me to speculate why it's OK to feature Nazis & pseudo-Nazis in the Cap movie whilst the old Chinese geezer is considered too bad-taste to be featured in the Iron Man movies but I can guess. I've been reading Thor (off & on) for decades & I also know my WWII history pretty well & you won't be seeing too many Nazis wanting to fight Norse gods in any Thor movie anytime soon ....I'm not looking for applause for my candour I'm just telling it how it is.

Skrulls seem nice & safe to me ,I have a couple living next door along to me & they seem very nice .

I for one was completely satisfied with the Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash/Blacklash combination in IM2. I thought Ivan Vanko worked for the story. I agree that IM doesn't have the iconic villains that Cap or Thor have, and most end up feeling like IM rip-offs. And in the movie-verse, Iron Monger and Whipdynamo were both treated as exactly that. Here's hoping any IM3 movie doesn't feature an armored foe running on stolen Stark tech.

That Red Skull looks amazing. I can't imagine a better real world rendition.

I don't want to join in on the "Does Iron Man Have Good Villains?" debate. But I must say that a Spymaster/Ghost team up would make for an interesting challenge. A villain Iron Man shouldn't have much trouble beating... if he could just catch the bastard. Ghost might take on Kitty Pryde qualities too with the ability to destroy electronics through phasing. Basically out of Iron Man's villains, they'd make the most interesting actual challenge for Iron Man I think.

• 3 months later...

I came across this cool retro Captain America poster. Turns out these were made as gifts for the crew of the movie and will not be found at your local cinemas. Personally I think it looks very cool and I love the tip of the hat to the cover of Captain Ameica # 1. Enjoy!

captain-america-retro-poster.jpg captaina-comic1.jpg

Man that suit looks AWFUL!!! Which is, of course, kinda the point. So in that respect, I LOVE IT!

Wait a damn second here...

post-1316-0-30540600-1308234504_thumb.jp

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! I swear, if it wasn't for the wings looking different I'd say they just took the suit from THAT movie and used it as the USO uniform!

*sigh* Must every Marvel hero be flanked by a row of matching backup dancers? :biggrin:

You do know there will be a sequence after the credits where Tony Stark gets the Cosmic Cube and uses to make the Cap Am Dancers and Iron Man Dancers have a group mud wrestle.