UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 22 - The Incredible Hulk moviemates

MINI_MYTE

So we've heard (from the NYTF) that the Incredible Hulk movie will have minimates as wave 22 in the ongoing Marvel Minimates series. No prototypes were on hand to see, so.... I want to know which 7 (6 regular and 1 variant) will make the cut? Tell me forum members, who do you think'll be in the wave? Here's my 2 cents:

1. Hulk
  2. Abomination (final stage)*
  3. Betty Ross
  4. Bruce Banner
  5. General Thunderbolt Ross
  6. Emil Blonsky (first stage)*
  7. variant: Hulk of some kind
* From what I've heard about the movie thus far, is that the military is trying to create super soldiers via gamma treatments. Blonsky (one of Ross' men in the movie) volounteers for these treatments and at one point in the movie he looks like a muscular powerhouse. By the end of the flick, with a little assistance from Samule Sterns (pre-Leader), he evolves into the Abomination by the final fight. This is just what I read at Aintitcoolnews.com.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little odd to see two Hulk/Abomination pairings just one wave apart – first in wave 20, then in wave 22. I'm guessing that's because, way back in June or whatever of last year, when DST were setting the lineup for 19 and 20, the Hulk movie license (or the whole Marvel license) was up in the air.

That said, I'm curious to see how they up the ante for these repeat characters.

Dare we hope for a break from, or at least one-time concession on, the 2.5" mate prohibition?

It is kind of weird to have a Hulk/Abom pairing one wave a part, but didn't that happen with Cyclops/Emma? In any case, I'd kind of like to see what the movie version of Leader looks like, since I wouldn't mind getting a new version of him (not that I don't like my high-head from way back!). And I've been wanting a Doc Samson period, classic 616 or movie would be good (not that we know what he'll look like in the movie). However, slightly different topic, I've been hearing that in the movie his name won't be "Leonard Samson" but "Samson [insert different last name]" ... I don't know why, this seems like an arbitrary change *sigh*

Maybe a Incredible Hulk version of Tony Stark. Tony is in the movie.

*Cough* Hulk-buster *Cough*

T.

Wha? Is he realy??? I totally would love a HulkBuster mini!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yep. Tony's in there. No idea what he's gonna do, but he's there in at least a scene with Ross.

Just give me a good Jeff Bridges face so that I can do a "Dude" custom (no evil smirks, please), and I will be content.

Now that I think about it, though, seeing Ed Norton and Tim Roth in Minimate form would be so strange to me. Similar to the forthcoming Eastwood-mates, I love both of those guys so much as actors that this would truly be bridging two loves of mine (film and Minimates) in a wonderful, yet bizarre way.

I'm kind of embarrassed, but I don't remember who exactly they showed at Toy Fair. I definitely saw Hulk, Abomination and a battle-damaged Hulk, but apart from that...I'm not sure. I suspect Ross and Betty were there, but I can't promise. Sorry, guys!

Did you take any pictures? :blink:

Is Sam Elliot going to be in this one again? He was the best fart of the first one.

Firs off, The best FART?!!! :blink:

Secondly, No. No he's not. William Hurt is the new General Ross.

Er, part. I meant part. Firefox didn't pick that one up cause it's a real word, obviously.

That's too bad. I would have liked to put him with some of the upcoming western mates.