UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Book Talk

Dropping Hawkeye? Pizza Dog issue was the single greatest issue of the series let alone one of the best comics I have ever read.

it was cute, but because I liked Aja, but I realized I didn't care about anyone other than Kate and Clint, and its been 3 issues since Grills died, and we barely saw any advancement to that stupid plot, lol

Plus, if I read fraction say bro one more time, I'll rip the comic in half

Edited by Zexion_Armando

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my current pull list:

Marvel:

Hawkeye (Aja's art is astounding and I love the Bros :D )

Avengers (hoping Caselli stays on for a little)

Wolverine and The X-men (in my opinion, the best x-book out there right now)

X-men (the second best)

Superior Spiderman

Avenging Spiderman

Nova (Mcguinness Fuck ya!)

Guardians of the Galaxy (sad that Mcnivens gone, but ill read anything with Peter Quill in it)

DC:

Batman (best Batman run since...ever?)

Earth-2

Justice League

JLA

Superman Unchained (Snyder is god)

Image:

Invincible (nuff said)

Invincible Universe (been a little off/on about this, im not a huge fan of todd naucks art so i may just wait for a trade)

im also trying to catch up on Wonder Woman since now im hooked

i think its because its a great book thats well drawn, written and has amazing characters :D

case and point

Quentin_Quire_Eart-616_from_Wolverine_an

also for me, its the only FUN x-men book, all the others are hung up on depressing extinction plots or how everyone hates their kind and how they should just become dark and depressed in order to fight, while this book brings x-men back to its roots, a school of young mutants who get to fight super villains and go on crazy adventures

i think its because its a great book thats well drawn, written and has amazing characters biggrin.png

case and point

also for me, its the only FUN x-men book, all the others are hung up on depressing extinction plots or how everyone hates their kind and how they should just become dark and depressed in order to fight, while this book brings x-men back to its roots, a school of young mutants who get to fight super villains and go on crazy adventures

If I didn't hate Kid Omega so much (I think he is Grant Morrison's worst character ever. I forget if he made him or not, but he brought him to the forefront.), I would pick it, up, cause you're the first person to make it sound appealing, lol.

I don't really think Uncanny and All New are unfun (of course, its hard to call Bachalo's art dark and depressing, lol), save for Irving's run of Limbo. I enjoy them a ton when they come out, but I love Bendis for once, lol.

Just been to my local LCS to see if there is anything around I fancy reading. Now me being towards the older side of comic readers sometimes the staff etc may ask if I have read something to see if its worth recommending to someone else. My reads now seem to be towards the indie stuff instead of mainstream Marvel/DC. I have not really looked at much Marvel Now stuff unless it is to refrence characters that are being made into minimates.

well at my LCS a staff member asks if I read any of the Marvel Now Avengers comics. I answer "Not really I find the current stuff a bit stretched and I'm not really into the spacey side of the Marvel U."

I ask "Why?" To which They say "look at the last few pages of Avengers #15 and tell them what I think"

The last few pages have 2 of The Avengers teleporting off to some planet and one of them saying of some things in the sky distant "They are the Knights guards of this place, the first to stand and the first to fall".

Banner then informs Cap and the other Avengers of something heading their way, something big. On the last page it shows a large silver/chrome Robot looking thing with 2 large rocket looking things on the back and a red shiney faceplate thing.

At first I was kinda thinking so whats so interesting then it kind clicked Knights>>Large Silver Robotish character>>It kinda looks alot like a redesigned ROM The Spaceknight!

An basicly thats why they asked because of my age I had a chance of making the connection and seeing the same thing they did. We could be totally wrong but I would be glad to see him back in the Marvel U.

I've stayed away from the Suprior Spiderman comic as I dont like the direction it has taken with Ock etc. It now seems marvel have give me yet another reason to avoid it because he is getting yet another costume change from issue #14

It looks to me to be a rip off of the costume supposedly designed by Alex Ross for one of the Spidey movies.

A plus point the comic will feature some sort of team up with Spidey 2099 http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45913

comics-superior-spider-man-14-teaser-art

An will all know how die hard DSTchuck is on putting out Spidey minimates so I expect to see a minimate of this sooner then later

I would never say its a rip off of Alex Ross, i'd say its paying homage to him, also the costume change has already happen since it was on him in the most recent Avengers issue.

I LOVE Superior Spiderman, its taken Spiderman in a direction he has never gone, yes we've seen darker pete with the symbiote and similar arcs, but this is really something different, this is a whole new Spiderman, while still being everyones favorite wall crawler.

Also I LOVE Kid Omega, so im probably not the best person to talk to if you hate him, but he is just fantastic (also, I'd say Grant Morrison's worst characters are the ones he tried to introduce in All Star Superman). Kid Omega is basically a hipster douche-bag reluctant hero and I love him for it.

I just picked up a few new series this week:

Deadpool Kills Deadpool (mainly because i have no idea what the character has been up to)

Superior Foes of Spiderman (I love comics about the down to earth lives of super powered individuals)

AVX What If

and FINALLY, the True Lives of the Fabulous Kill Joys, ive been waiting forever for this book!

Im really pumped for this week in comics too, i have about 6 main series to look forward to!

Yeah, for me Superior was an idea that sounded terrible, but then the execution has been so great that it works, just like when they brought Bucky back or turned Flash into Venom. I've liked this series way more than Slott's stuff in Amazing leading up to it.

I don't read comics anymore, but what is the deal with Angela becoming a part of the Marvel U? Does her "character" fit any specific slot that wasn't already filled by an existing Marvel character, meaning what can she do that other characters can't? I only ever read a few appearances of her in Spawn, but I don't remember anything specifically memorable about that character (always thought she was just a T&A Red Sonja/Thor knock-off) that would make sense to bring her into the established Marvel U. I guess I just don't see what value Marvel thinks she brings to them.

Edited by youbastards

I don't read comics anymore, but what is the deal with Angela becoming a part of the Marvel U? Does her "character" fit any specific slot that wasn't already filled by an existing Marvel character, meaning what can she do that other characters can't?

Not much is really known about her role yet

She was just introduced in the final issue of Age of Ultron, where through a rip in the multiversal time stream (Wolverine broke space-time in Age of Ultron which caused different universes like "Ultimate" or "2099" to collide together) she is transported into the 616 universe.

She's supposed to be explained in the newest issue of Guardians of the Galaxy that comes out next month I think, which will be written by Neil Gaiman

Thanks for the clarification. Did Marvel seek out Gaiman, or did Gaiman seek out Marvel? Maybe it was part of his conditions of returning to the Marvel U: "Buy the rights to Angela from me and I'll work for you again!"? I'm just trying to see the business logic used by Marvel, as the character didn't really ever evolve out of the 90's Image shlock. Maybe this is just the Disney side of Marvel wanting to buy up any creator-owned characters they can get their hands on, but hey, if it gets me a new Minimate, I'm all for it! thumbsup.gif

Edited by youbastards

Gaiman and Marvel have been working together since his lawsuit with Todd was going on-- Gaiman wrote Eternals and 1602 to help fund the legal battle. Gaiman ended up with the rights to Angela; at one point, the judge in the case allowed him to pick between Angela and Miracleman, and Gaiman chose Angela, since he didn't believe that McFarlane had any rights to Miracleman anyway. I think he basically sold (or gave) the character to them since he owned her and wasn't likely to do anything else with her. Might have even been Joe Q's idea, but I dunno. Has to be a good deal for Marvel, since they've never really been all that supportive of creators rights. You'll probably never see the Ultraverse heroes again, for example, because the creators would have to be compensated, and Marvel/Disney doesn't want to do that.

Anyway, long story short, Gaiman and Marvel have had a good working relationship for awhile now, and I think this is just a continuation of that.

Is anyone else enjoying Superior Spider-Man as much as I am? I'm afraid to admit it in the comic book forums like comic vine and comicbookmovie because they'll just start lecturing me why my opinion is false but good God, i love this book! It's a fresh take on Spider-man and while Otto does come out like a selfish prick he manages to do a far better job than Peter. Peter was a really good guy at heart thus he never tried to really hurt his enemies. He just tried to knock them out and send them to the Raft. Otto though, took a more Batman-esque route and quite frankly it works. The villains are afraid of him, the public loves him and his social life is getting a lot better.

While i still like Peter more as Peter Otto is a better Spider-Man. Sure, he has taken some lives and he isn't the best person alive but it was neccesary. Massacre would kill again and again and again. He would never stop. At the end of the issue they made it seem like Massacre could be cured but that was just to make Otto look more ruthless. Since his brain cells were damaged htey couldn't be cured instantly because Otto yelled at him and crashed his arm. Overall i'm really enjoying the book and i hope that when Pete comes back Otto gets to keep a cloned body. Also, will anyone be checking the Arms of the Octopus story? And is superior team up good? I'm thinking of picking it up.

Superior Team Up hasnt started but its gonna be the spin off of Avenging Spiderman which has been great and is a must read for any Superior Spiderman fans

Im also loving Superior Foes of Spiderman

Superior Team Up hasnt started but its gonna be the spin off of Avenging Spiderman which has been great and is a must read for any Superior Spiderman fans

Im also loving Superior Foes of Spiderman

Thanks for the info! I might try SFOSM as well.

• 6 months later...

That cover is a thing of beauty! Goofy beauty, but beauty.

My pull list...

DC - Flash, Harley Quinn, Scooby Doo Team Up, probably Batman Eternal

Dark Horse - Grindhouse, Buffy books, Serenity

Marvel - Deadpool books, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Avengers Undercover (continuing from Arena), New Warriors, Silver Surfer (upcoming), reading Superior Spidey

Image - Revival, Walking Dead, Invincible, Savage Dragon, Hack/Slash, Five Weapons, Morning Glories

Other- Rachel Rising, Life with Archie, Afterlife with Archie, Danger Girl (occasional minis from IDW)

Recently dropped a bunch of books, everything Valiant and the Top Cow Universe. Neither group was really doing it for me anymore.

Edited by JeffBohn

So i completely changed my pull list due to the "All-new Now!" thingy. Anyway, here it is:

Moon Knight

Deadpool

Silver Surfer

Amazing Spider-Man

Guardians of the Galaxy

Wolverine (the realunch with Stegman)

All-new Ghost Rider

Thunderbolts

Uncanny X-Men

Superior Spider-Man and team up-(they are ending in april though)

Earth 2

I might add some of the alien comics from dh as well when they goup for pre-order, we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...