UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rebel Moon Minimates!

Hopefully they make it out before the Movie's second part gets cancelled....

EDIT - I realized that was a littler too negative. I think the movie designs look like they will translate to Minimates well. I don't have Netflix, so I won't be able to properly judge the media offering. I do hope that the timing works out for the Minimates, not that the first part is a flop and no one wants the Minimates by the time they are offered for pre-sale.

Edited by Onyx_6

I see a lot of possibilities so hopefully the movies do well. I'm not really a fan of Snyder but I think it looks interesting and will watch it.  I generally buy anything Minimates, even stuff I don't care for like Transformers, so I'm good for at least two sets.  If I get Jena Malone's spider character or a Vinimate of the black Hieracosphinx out of it, I'll be happy.

36 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

This might be another Dark Tower.

Dy'know that was going to be my post !   I even looked on eBay to see if that set has become a 'sleeper' :no: . Over the years I have been steadfast in my belief that a civilian-type Minimate is generally a waste . For example,out of the entire Marvel Minimate line ,Netflix box sets are the worst , they are basically civilian box sets & are just awful IMHO.

Exceptions would be manifold but those exceptions would be 'dressed' iconically ....Marty McFly would be the prime example.

Early days for Rebel Moon in many ways .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I am a sci-fi fan in general, and I am looking forward to this movie, outside of me having a slightly vested interest in it. I doubt the second part will be cancelled, as I'm pretty sure they filmed them simultaneously. First part airs Dec. 22, second part's current date is April 19. Minimate pre-order is October 20.

While I realize there is an "anti-Zack Snyder camp," I am definitely NOT in it. I think 300 and Watchmen are two of the best comic book movies ever made, and Dawn of the Dead and Army of the Dead are both great movies as well. While I don't necessarily enjoy the DCU films in general (I'm a Marvel/MCU guy), they were not written by him, and I at least appreciate the visuals of Man of Steel, Superman vs. Batman, and Justice League. I am not an expert, but what he added to "Zack Snyder's Justice League" I enjoyed. (Sucker Punch had cool visuals, but it's been too long for me to judge the story.)

The characters in the set are not all generic civilians, but there is one civilian (with a cool new piece), one soldier, one cyborg and one robot. I think people will enjoy the designs and new parts even if they have no plans to see the movie. They won't be out until spring, most likely, so I'm sure you will be able to get them from Luke or elsewhere once you see the both films. 

17 minutes ago, Padrino said:

Look, as long as we get a minimate of this character (https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/rebel-moon-ott-release-date-netflix-to-release-december-22/), I'm all good

The horned bikini alien? Maybe next set...

11 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

Dark Tower is actually a really cool story combining all King's books into the same universe.

If we're going to go mainstream, how about a Taylor Swift Minimate?

I enjoyed the Dark Tower film, and the MM, but I've never read the books. I know, I know...

And I would buy a Taylor Swift MM in a heartbeat. Tell her to call me!

Edited by DSTZach

16 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

Dark Tower is actually a really cool story combining all King's books into the same universe.

If we're going to go mainstream, how about a Taylor Swift Minimate?

DST doesn’t have Swift money.

5 hours ago, Padrino said:

Look, as long as we get a minimate of this character (https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/rebel-moon-ott-release-date-netflix-to-release-december-22/), I'm all good

I guess my Sny filters are working because I’ve never heard of this. 

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The characters in the set are not all generic civilians, but there is one civilian (with a cool new piece), one soldier, one cyborg and one robot. I think people will enjoy the designs and new parts even if they have no plans to see the movie. They won't be out until spring, most likely, so I'm sure you will be able to get them from Luke or elsewhere once you see the both films. 

I'm guessing the civilian is Sofia Boutella's character Kora, soldier would be Ed Skrein's Admiral Atticus Noble (unless it's Djimon Hounsou as General Titus, the cyborg will be Doona Bae's Nemesis, and robot Jimmy voice by Hopkins.

4 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Eras Tour box set

I know we're all mucking around but I feel like that has some serious legs, and would harken back to the days of the Ozzy/Alice/Eddie/Zombie rock mates

could have superstar era sets for many: a Bowie set, an Elvis set, Prince, Madonna, hell Alice Cooper could return in 2" with an additional 3 looks, not even to contemplate swappable parts and their possibilites

onto contemplating Rebel Moon though, very excited to see such a 'fresh' minimate release...so close, you can feel the tie-in!

personally excited for robo-Hopkins even if just to hang with N.A.R Odin and Hopkins Hannibal & Cannibal

Dark Tower (the books) was (were) enjoyable albeit a tad lengthy but I haven't seen the movie !  

Anthony Hopkins' voice is almost as magnificent as Richard Burton's so I understand that he may be a good choice for a robot's voice........but can anyone explain to me why movie robots/computer/ AI characters generally have a very-English accent ?

I am pleased that the characters are not all civilians .

Superstar music mates ? Good idea .  Once again, Medicom produced a very long list of Kubrick music characters- Daft Punk,Kiss,Beatles,Sex Pistols come to mind & there are several Japanese bands that have Kubrick sets/promos ....& of course the Max Rebo band !!!

Edited by buttheadsmate

4 hours ago, minimateship said:

I know we're all mucking around but I feel like that has some serious legs, and would harken back to the days of the Ozzy/Alice/Eddie/Zombie rock mates

could have superstar era sets for many: a Bowie set, an Elvis set, Prince, Madonna, hell Alice Cooper could return in 2" with an additional 3 looks, not even to contemplate swappable parts and their possibilites

I absolutely want Rock Minimates to return. I want a Talking Heads box set very badly.

Bowie would bring me in as well. Like hardcore.