UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rebel Moon Minimates!

17 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Netflix has been playing the publicity for this movie close to the vest, not wanting to reveal too much too early. Hopefully as the movie gets closer, they will ramp up promotion. So I'm not surprised people have not heard of it, sadly. 

I'm pretty sure the strike interfered with the promotion of pretty much everything, given that their talent can't do any interviews of any kind.

MM are a low-margin item. We make very little money per MM. Only a huge order would make it possible to meet any financial guarantee to the Swift people. Maybe if we built up a real MM relationship with Walmart, and they expressed interest in a music line, we could go after it, but they didn't take Rebel Moon, despite being all in on the action figures. And I'm pretty sure we CAN'T sell Marvel there, so I'm not sure what they would take. TMNT? 

Swift Minimates? Oh boy, how the conversations have shifted.  The visuals I have seen from Rebel Moon look incredibly interesting to me.  Will that translate to Minimates?  I think the art and production on Minimates is as good or better now, than it has ever been (RIP Eddie Wires).

10 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Why not?

Marvel Select is specialty stores only, so as not to compete with Legends. I am not sure that Minimates is any different, at least not since Hasbro came into the picture as master toy licensee. (I know they started at Target.) And no, Walgreens may not count as mass market. 

6 hours ago, Shanester said:

Swift Minimates? Oh boy, how the conversations have shifted.  The visuals I have seen from Rebel Moon look incredibly interesting to me.  Will that translate to Minimates?  I think the art and production on Minimates is as good or better now, than it has ever been (RIP Eddie Wires).

They came out great. I honestly can't wait to show them off, and I hope they sell well and I hope we can make more! Horned bikini alien FTW!

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Navaan said:

I hope I like the movie and pick these up, but being real, I dunno what I would use these parts for. They're crazy cool just not something I see myself needing. Hopefully, movie catches me and I can get into these.

I'm just happy to have swords with scabbards!

• 2 weeks later...

Woo! can't wait for the tray shot; hopkinsbot looks cool enough to sell me a box all alone!

second that @Freaqualizer re: the hat being ideal for a Scarecrow custom (and other spooky sorts!) the military bloke looks pretty nifty also

• 3 weeks later...