UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2023

On 7/15/2023 at 7:17 PM, DSTZach said:

Haha. Nope,  good old room 32AB. The AB is for "Abysmal Attendance."

It was a little dispiriting the year I was on the panel and there was a packed room, and I found out afterward everyone but the front two rows or so were there holding seats for the Adventure Time panel following on....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow toy fans - apologies for doubling up on posts, but I'm a wee bit desperate.  I'm hoping to beg a favour from anyone heading to SDCC. 
I am trapped in a land far, far away but am very keen to get my hands on some exclusives. Specifically, the Marvel United Mystery Deck. 
If anyone is going and has room in their luggage for a deck of playing cards, I can offer shipping costs, toy karma and I'm happy to work out a finders fee if you need one.

image.png.306793a08399b96da1ec40f901750cb8.png

edit: And @Onyx_6 is looking for a set too! ;) 

Edited by Nessex

On 7/17/2023 at 8:26 PM, Nessex said:

Hello fellow toy fans - apologies for doubling up on posts, but I'm a wee bit desperate.  I'm hoping to beg a favour from anyone heading to SDCC. 
I am trapped in a land far, far away but am very keen to get my hands on some exclusives. Specifically, the Marvel United Mystery Deck. 
If anyone is going and has room in their luggage for a deck of playing cards, I can offer shipping costs, toy karma and I'm happy to work out a finders fee if you need one.

image.png.306793a08399b96da1ec40f901750cb8.png

edit: And @Onyx_6 is looking for a set too! ;) 

Any chance i could be thrown in this mix for the Marvel United deck as well? Never even occurred to me to ask here after I saw it announced.

32 minutes ago, youbastards said:

Zach uploaded a booth tour video, it had the 60’s GI Joe boxsets and the AEW ring, but that was it as far as I could tell.

They showed we lost Echo

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

They showed we lost Echo

We lost Echo from the Daredevil box set?!?!

.... well, there goes my purchase. Man, this has me pretty miffed. Whatever. I'll buy Mary from a secondhand and not deal with the set. That tanks my interest in the multiple orders I had planned.

6 hours ago, Navaan said:

We lost Echo from the Daredevil box set?!?!

.... well, there goes my purchase. Man, this has me pretty miffed. Whatever. I'll buy Mary from a secondhand and not deal with the set. That tanks my interest in the multiple orders I had planned.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu8BJ0FP_ka/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

20 minutes ago, Chigarillo said:

Just a baffling, baffling decision. DST just can't get out of their own way lately...

Can we get build a figures and two packs back? Cause these monkey's paw boxsets ain't it.

No villains for Power Rangers.

No troop builders for GI Joe.

GI Joe Adventure Team instead of Flint, Zartan, Lady Jaye, Firefly, Stalker, Major Bludd, etc, to bring out a slew of characters already mostly forgotten by the 80s.

Removing the new, diverse character from a box set *around the time of her own upcoming show.*

AEW minimate ring, not with AEW champion MJF, or Sting, or Darby Allin, or Keith Lee, or PAC, or any other wrestler, but a commentator; at least add alternative Tony Schiovane, Jim Ross and Tazz parts...

Seriously, I'm a fan but as a fan, I have to wonder, WTF.

22 minutes ago, Navaan said:

No villains for Power Rangers.

No troop builders for GI Joe.

GI Joe Adventure Team instead of Flint, Zartan, Lady Jaye, Firefly, Stalker, Major Bludd, etc, to bring out a slew of characters already mostly forgotten by the 80s.

Removing the new, diverse character from a box set *around the time of her own upcoming show.*

AEW minimate ring, not with AEW champion MJF, or Sting, or Darby Allin, or Keith Lee, or PAC, or any other wrestler, but a commentator; at least add alternative Tony Schiovane, Jim Ross and Tazz parts...

Seriously, I'm a fan but as a fan, I have to wonder, WTF.

Some of these could have been licensor decisions. But that's quite a pile of seemingly poor choices. DST should take note.

2 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Some of these could have been licensor decisions. But that's quite a pile of seemingly poor choices. DST should take note.

Some of it sure, but how long had people been clamoring for Young Avengers and then we get that recent boxset with a 2nd Marvel Boy mate rather than Stature or Speed?

Who in DST/Marvel wanted or demanded the 2013 team rather than a boxset of the classic lineup, when both Stature and Speed had been in recent or upcoming MCU projects?

Who thought up Gamerverse mates and then went "let's just throw out another slightly different version of Hulk, Cap, Iron Man and Widow. No one wants Spider-Man video game mates or even a Ms Marvel based on the Avengers game design!"

Yes, we are a vocal minority here and Zach is stuck doing what DST thinks will sell and will appeal to consumers. But it's difficult to not look at say Marvel Legends figures and go "they recently made Pretty Boy, Random, Cho'd, Skullbuster, Rose, Orb, Zero, Crossfire and other D, E list characters... What gives?"

Who is the person going "the people really want a 84th Iron Man variant or a 21st Cyclops figure"?

Edited by Chigarillo

The saddest part to me is just give me an Echo head. We can make everything else but the face. She’s an Avenger, the Phoenix, and the star of a show but whatever…

1 hour ago, Chigarillo said:

Speculating here, but she was probably cut because the Phoenix parts she came with made her easiest to cut to meet the new budget. Because most of us buying mates don't have like 40 spare Phoenix parts from the 10 different Jean's we've bought? 😮‍💨

Was she supposed to come with Phoenix parts?

29 minutes ago, Padrino said:

Was she supposed to come with Phoenix parts?

Purely speculating that she would have. We never got confirmation who came with what spare parts but the initial pic showed her with the fire fist parts so a Phoenix stand isn't too far of a reach I'd think.