UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2023

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panel will be Thursday, 4-5 PM. This is tentative, I don't think we're SUPPOSED to announce it yet, because it might change. 

We tried to get a COUPLE of licensed promo MM going, but both licensors pulled out at the last minute for different reasons, so no promo this year. I'm kinda bummed about it, I wish I could go back in time and make a different promo happen. Both cancellations were totally unexpected, and we simply ran out of time. 

BUT I think we're going to bring a new AEW Vinimate! We'll be announcing it before the show, on July 10. We were hoping she'd be there to sign, but we just found out she's not, so I'm not 100% sure we're bringing it, but fingers crossed. 

And, of course, we'll have the exclusive Transformers Movie MM set for sale.

well, i always look forward to your booth - thanks for the preview of news!

this is my first year as a civilian since 2009 so its going to be weird waiting in line to get in and what not but i'll run straight there whenever 'normal folks' are let in.

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We tried to get a COUPLE of licensed promo MM going, but both licensors pulled out at the last minute for different reasons, so no promo this year. I'm kinda bummed about it, I wish I could go back in time and make a different promo happen. Both cancellations were totally unexpected, and we simply ran out of time.

Are you able to key us in on what they might’ve been?

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

Are you able to key us in on what they might’ve been?

With genuine respect to Zach , Nerdy Trev & anybody else who disagrees .......I care not.:)

I am not pleased with myself & I am sure that I am throwing myself under a bus but I am ecstatic that I don't have to scour eBay over the next few days watching the gougers dangle their wares in front of me .  

No promos? :thumbsup:

-  notnormalfolksmate 

2 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

We're all kids at heart here!

As a 30yo who was handed a minimate at the DST booth one time, over a decade ago... I can absolutely second this notion. 
I was giddy with excitement ❤️ 
(Zach may have been slightly less giddy about handing one out to a grown adult, tho 🤣)

I do not discriminate! If you ask for a promo, I give you a promo. Adult or kid.

There may have been a time I was more strict about daily allotments, but that was when we handed them out willy-nilly. And I don't like when people come up and ask for "that thing we give out every year." We get less of those now, but if they can't say "Minimate", I don't give it to them. 

14 hours ago, Nessex said:

As a 30yo who was handed a minimate at the DST booth one time, over a decade ago... I can absolutely second this notion. 
I was giddy with excitement ❤️ 
(Zach may have been slightly less giddy about handing one out to a grown adult, tho 🤣)

That was a great, great Comic Con, Nes!

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

I do not discriminate! If you ask for a promo, I give you a promo. Adult or kid.

There may have been a time I was more strict about daily allotments, but that was when we handed them out willy-nilly. And I don't like when people come up and ask for "that thing we give out every year." We get less of those now, but if they can't say "Minimate", I don't give it to them. 

I just had this vision of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld with huge sideburns. No Minimates for you! Next!  LOL

i remember scoring like 3 of the green lantern minimates from DC.

i know i gave one to @Javier Rodriguez and i probably gave the other one to someone at the show.

that was an awesome freebie but i think you had to go to DC's booth to get it.

last DST booth freebie i remember is the clear leonardo minimate.  i think the michaelangelo and donatello were at the nickelodean booth.

you guys making me shake the cobwebs outta my head trying to remember old news

Only promo I got directly from Zach, that I recall, was the MMMV mate. Such a fantastic Minimate and that was an amazing C2E2 with meeting all the multiversers.

I will not be at SDCC this year, but I did invest in NYCC 2023, so I will be there!

On 6/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, Onyx_6 said:

Only promo I got directly from Zach, that I recall, was the MMMV mate. Such a fantastic Minimate and that was an amazing C2E2 with meeting all the multiversers.

I will not be at SDCC this year, but I did invest in NYCC 2023, so I will be there!

What?!? Let’s meet up!

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

What?!? Let’s meet up!

I will likely be chatting up Zach, so the DST booth is the place to be!

• 3 weeks later...