UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2023

51 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I’m hoping we get a multiple man type surprise from Luke and the TMNT foot solider is offered as a Two pack.

That would be amazing, but unfortunately the only way it would work for this line is if it were a 5-pack of foot soldiers, and 500 sets at that size is too big of a risk for us to take right now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, luke314pi said:

That would be amazing, but unfortunately the only way it would work for this line is if it were a 5-pack of foot soldiers, and 500 sets at that size is too big of a risk for us to take right now.

Completely understandable… but… maybe a 5 pack of Cobra soldiers then? Maybe a BAT, a Crimson Guard, a techo viper, a tele-viper, and Eel viper?!? 🙏

https://www.tumblr.com/fereality-indy/633137783084597249/top-ten-gi-joe-troop-builders-i-want-for-my

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Completely understandable… but… maybe a 5 pack of Cobra soldiers then? Maybe a BAT, a Crimson Guard, a techo viper, a tele-viper, and Eel viper?!? 🙏

https://www.tumblr.com/fereality-indy/633137783084597249/top-ten-gi-joe-troop-builders-i-want-for-my

@luke314pi, have you ever looked into Kickstarter for that type of thing?

Might help gauge interest in sets like this.

1 hour ago, Swarm198 said:

@luke314pi, have you ever looked into Kickstarter for that type of thing?

Might help gauge interest in sets like this.

I did ask my Diamond rep about that possibility, and I wouldn't have the rights to offer a Kickstarter for a Minimate set since I do not hold the license for whichever line the Kickstarter would pertain to - Diamond Select Toys does.

2 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I did ask my Diamond rep about that possibility, and I wouldn't have the rights to offer a Kickstarter for a Minimate set since I do not hold the license for whichever line the Kickstarter would pertain to - Diamond Select Toys does.

Translation- DST has to “do it” or provide pass thru rights from the license holder. So no kickstarter for an official minimates product. 

14 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

The words 'DST' & 'Kickstarter' still leave a nasty taste in many a Minimate collector's mouth.

I dig what you're saying man. It's almost like if Baskin Robins had 88 flavours, all bad.

PS Though I think most of us would put our faith in Luke if he did one.

Edited by cylonchaney

5 minutes ago, cylonchaney said:

I dig what you're saying man. It's almost like if Baskin Robins had 88 flavours, all bad.

PS Though I think most of us would put our faith in Luke if he did one.

Absolutely! Luke know’s to just auto charge me at this point ;)

15 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Broseph, WHAT? Viper, Trooper (with female alt torso and head), BAT, and Crimson Guard four pack. If they want to do a five pack, then maybe add Major Bludd or a named villain to the set, because otherwise it is a toss up, then, of Eel, Snow Serpent, Range Viper or Tele-Viper.

6 hours ago, Navaan said:

Broseph, WHAT? Viper, Trooper (with female alt torso and head), BAT, and Crimson Guard four pack. If they want to do a five pack, then maybe add Major Bludd or a named villain to the set, because otherwise it is a toss up, then, of Eel, Snow Serpent, Range Viper or Tele-Viper.

I feel like then I’d own 7 of Whomever name character it was…

On 7/22/2023 at 10:02 AM, luke314pi said:

Do you have a price point for an offering like this? I think we have faith in you and your record. If you held a poll here or on your social to gauge interest, and quantity of purchase, maybe you could weigh the possibility? You could collect money up front for those interested, before you have to commit, and maybe design a sticker kit for those early backers? 

I want 4 (20 foot)!

On 7/21/2023 at 9:19 AM, Chigarillo said:

Just a baffling, baffling decision. DST just can't get out of their own way lately...

Can we get build a figures and two packs back? Cause these monkey's paw boxsets ain't it.

Build a figures are not allowed by the licensor, sorry. Two-packs were not selling, retailers were less likely to order them due to the price of a case (>$100) and the likelihood they'd be stuck with peg warmers. And it's not as if the six-pack format meant our character selection process changed. If we had released series 82 and 83 as two-packs, the characters (and price) would have been the same. 

On 7/21/2023 at 9:43 AM, Navaan said:

AEW minimate ring, not with AEW champion MJF, or Sting, or Darby Allin, or Keith Lee, or PAC, or any other wrestler, but a commentator; at least add alternative Tony Schiovane, Jim Ross and Tazz parts...

I doubt anyone wants to have to buy the ring just to get a popular wrestler. We already have Darby Allin/Sting 2-pack planned, and MJF is a front runner for Series 3.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:13 PM, Chigarillo said:

Some of it sure, but how long had people been clamoring for Young Avengers and then we get that recent boxset with a 2nd Marvel Boy mate rather than Stature or Speed?

Who in DST/Marvel wanted or demanded the 2013 team rather than a boxset of the classic lineup, when both Stature and Speed had been in recent or upcoming MCU projects?

You know who else was in recent projects? America Chavez and Kid Loki. :)

Who thought up Gamerverse mates and then went "let's just throw out another slightly different version of Hulk, Cap, Iron Man and Widow. No one wants Spider-Man video game mates or even a Ms Marvel based on the Avengers game design!"

Those were exclusives. I'm pretty sure Walgreens requested Avengers game Minimates and we were doing waves of four figures -- who would you choose if you were Walgreens or even a line planner? We'd recently released Ms Marvel in the animated line. Spidey Minimates we tried to sell, but I'm pretty sure there was no interest

Yes, we are a vocal minority here and Zach is stuck doing what DST thinks will sell and will appeal to consumers. But it's difficult to not look at say Marvel Legends figures and go "they recently made Pretty Boy, Random, Cho'd, Skullbuster, Rose, Orb, Zero, Crossfire and other D, E list characters... What gives?"

Who is the person going "the people really want a 84th Iron Man variant or a 21st Cyclops figure"?

if you're taking about Series 80 and 81, those lines also had Constrictor,  Ghost, Silver Sable, Lilandra, Corsair, etc. 84 will have Typhoid Mary and the new Bullseye,  a different character. And every ML Series also has a new Cap or Iron Man. They're called anchor characters.

And ML has a lot of retail outlets -- Walgreens, Target, Amazon, Pulse. We are just not as big a line or company.