UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

Hulkbuster is the only figure I was anticipating wanting from this line, so I'm good passing.

But where potential comic blind bags are concerned, I can say with certainty - AIM Soldiers and 90s X-Factor Multiple Men are the only troop builders I'd buy a case for. If an X-Factor wave was:

Havok/Sinister

Polaris/Malice

Strong Guy/Arclight

Wolfsbane/Scalphunter

And then you had a case of Multiple Men with Val Cooper and Random packed in? I could get on board

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually hate the blind bag business model but this works out for me. Knowing that it has 2 chase characters and a load of troop builders work for me. That's a guaranteed preordered case from BBTS for me. My only gripe is jacket Hawkeye for the variant, which could have been reserved for a lesser known character. Zack , will the Iron Legion be a retread of the IM3 line or new designs?

Hulk, Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch, and Vision are missing from this lineup? Surely a box set or second/TRU wave is coming?

I'm not too upset about the Blind bags, as i would have bought an 'army dump' anyway, but these four missing characters is pretty upsetting news.

TRU wave maybe?

With four missing characters, I'm hoping there are two TRU exclusive sets.

Nope, just one. But there will be a second specialty assortment – third, if you count the single packs.

Ugh, Blind Bags. No matter how simple or easy they are being introduced into minimates, its really annoying and unfun. But since I don't army build outside of Sentinels, I hope this doesn't become more intrusive.

Because if it is, consider me done with Marvel Minimates.

I don't think it's going to replace how things are normally offered. But the infrequent single-packed boxes may become this, assuming this is successful.

Blind bags infesting the Marvel line sucks. It sure went from "no plans for Marvel blind bags" to "here's an assortment of Marvel blind bags" pretty fast.

How fast? When did I last say we had no plans for Marvel blind bags? A couple of months ago, maybe? Because the decision was made a couple of weeks ago, right before they were put in Previews, and I certainly haven't said that since then. There are only "no plans" until there are plans -- either we're planning to do it or not. Keep in mind, this is STILL a plan. They come out like six months from now. The best laid plans, etc.

Hawkeye with coat is a separate figure? I would have thought both looks could be covered by one minimate with extra parts.

They could have, I suppose. Not sure we can get as parts-happy with the movie lines as with the comic stuff, due to the specificity of designs and levels of approval.

Edited by DSTZach

.... It sure went from "no plans for Marvel blind bags" to "here's an assortment of Marvel blind bags" pretty fast.

exactly what i was thinking.

a6192c3b720268bdbf52d4d1181306fe2a518dd1

That's a pretty strong accusation, even couched in the movie Elf. These Minimates weren't even designed a month ago. I'm pretty sure I'd acknowledged blind Marvel was a distant possibility before then, but there were no actual plans until very, very recently.

Zack , will the Iron Legion be a retread of the IM3 line or new designs?

I don't see how they could be retreads, since all of the armors in Iron Man 3 were blown up in Iron Man 3. The role of the new Iron Man armors has been discussed in Entertanment Weekly, among other places. You see some of the new armors in the trailer.

I think more things should be blind bagged. Food, clothes, toiletries... I hate knowing what I'm forking over money for.down.gif

To be fair, most food is blind bagged, you just assume the label on the bag or can is correct.

Ugh, Blind Bags. No matter how simple or easy they are being introduced into minimates, its really annoying and unfun. But since I don't army build outside of Sentinels, I hope this doesn't become more intrusive.

Because if it is, consider me done with Marvel Minimates.

I don't think it's going to replace how things are normally offered. But the infrequent single-packed boxes may become this, assuming this is successful.

You have put faith back into this bitter cold individual, Zach.

DSTZach, on 19 Nov 2014 - 19:42, said:

To be fair, most food is blind bagged, you just assume the label on the bag or can is correct.

This is funny, but I’m calling BS. I might not be able to see the cereal inside the box, but I know fully well what KIND of cereal is in the box.

If Kellog’s starting selling boxes of cereal where I had a random chance of getting Special K, Frosted Flakes, Rice Kripsies, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops, or rare chase Mutagen Froot Loops (listed as Mutagen Frosted Flakes on the box, Local Cereal Shops are actually getting the Mutagen Frosted Flakes, but without the key fobs, but the art wasn’t changed in time.) when I opened it I’d stop buying Kellog’s cereal.

(That said I have no problem with blind bags yet... I’m sure when I only want the chase that will change. But I didn’t feel the need to pre-order a LCS TMNT set, don’t know anything about Mass Effect, and want all the A2:AOU set, so as of right now I’m good.)

The blind bags on this occasion aren't a big deal to me, as I was going to buy a case anyway. But I sincerely hope they keep the blind bags to about this level and they don't continue to expand, I buy almost every Minimate product put out and if I lost the ability to just order a full set from Luke, I will have to start cutting out certain lines.

We got 2 waves for Spider-man 3, and this movie is quite possibly going to be A) one of the biggest movies of all time, and B ) one of the most 'toyetic', so 2 waves makes a lot of sense.

Might finally get a Ruffalo Bruce Banner, and the twins are definitely needed.

Blind bags are interesting, although depending on what the Iron Man drones look like, I am surprised they didn't have a heavy hitter in the selection. If the Iron Man drone looks just like Iron Man, I suppose that removes that problem :lol:

Edited by UK Collector

I'm not complaing, I just want to make sure I get ALL of them.biggrin.png If it takes 4 waves then bring 'em on! So if you don't mind me asking when will the other wave be solicited?

Next month!

DSTZach, on 19 Nov 2014 - 19:42, said:

This is funny, but I’m calling BS. I might not be able to see the cereal inside the box, but I know fully well what KIND of cereal is in the box.

If Kellog’s starting selling boxes of cereal where I had a random chance of getting Special K, Frosted Flakes, Rice Kripsies, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops, or rare chase Mutagen Froot Loops (listed as Mutagen Frosted Flakes on the box, Local Cereal Shops are actually getting the Mutagen Frosted Flakes, but without the key fobs, but the art wasn’t changed in time.) when I opened it I’d stop buying Kellog’s cereal.

(That said I have no problem with blind bags yet... I’m sure when I only want the chase that will change. But I didn’t feel the need to pre-order a LCS TMNT set, don’t know anything about Mass Effect, and want all the A2:AOU set, so as of right now I’m good.)

Man, even my jokes are getting parsed and dissected! Sorry you don't like how we're handling blind bags, but blind-boxed cereal sounds like a deliciously exciting way to eat breakfast.

but I know fully well whbut blind-boxed cereal sounds like a deliciously exciting way to eat breakfast.

-Zach (DstZach) Oat 2014

Everyone here is all hoping for Scarlet witch, vision, and quicksilver, but im over here waiting for hulkbuster...

Edited by Gmonkey2k

If an X-Factor wave was:

Havok/Sinister

Polaris/Malice

Strong Guy/Arclight

Wolfsbane/Scalphunter

And then you had a case of Multiple Men with Val Cooper and Random packed in? I could get on board

F*** you.

Just...seriously...f*** you.

(I really want that wave to exist. unsure.png)

But there will be a second specialty assortment.

Well, you have made me very happy. biggrin.png

#teammaximoff

Edited by TENIME_art