UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

Personally, I like it when costumes make sense and have their own origins.

Spider-Man's costume being inspired by a wrestler's makes sense.

The Batman striking fear into cowardly criminals makes sense.

Superman's garb being traditional Kryptonian long johns is kinda odd but still makes sense.

I think we can have it both ways – smart AND fabulous – with a little thought. That said, I'm okay with Tony Stark painting his armor crimson just because he loves Cherry Red.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you referring to the Raimi Spidey suit? In the comics he just created a mask out of webbing and wore it over a generic outfit. I don't think it was inspired by an existing wrestler, though his first costume was used in a wrestling match.

Just not grounded and realistic if the mutant with magical probability altering powers wore a little tiara thing.

I have always maintained that the little details need to make sense in order for the bigger leaps of faith to be taken. this, to me, is a perfect example. Why would vision have a collar or Scarlet Witch have a tiara? you are asking me to believe that they are a sentient Android superhero and a mutant witch villainess/heroine, respectively. those are the broad strokes, & I get it. But unless you're going to work into the loresome sort of reasoning behind it their ridiculous fashion choices, I prefer we keep things a LITTLE grounded

I expect the color scheme to be explained like iron man's. Maybe not? Same for the cape. Maybe to look like a comic book "hero"

Perhaps as a counter to Ultron's incredibly villainous look. Ultron as a Vision prototype that was discarded because he didn't look heroic maybe.

I think with The Vision being an Iron man offspring in the MCU, and with Banner being seen with Toni most recently, Vision may be a joint effort/creation of the two smartest men in the MCU, taking both of their color schemes (green and red/yellow) to make one creation.

The cape may be Jarvis's idea because he thought it looked 'cool' on Thor. ;) Or, it will have a functionality of some sort, a la Batman's cape in the Nolan films (invisiblity, bullet proofing, etc.). I hope it is to emulate Thor.

I can see the scene now:

Iron Man: (to Vision) A cape? Seriously?

Banner: I'd be happy if I could keep pants on.

Thor: (to Vision) Do not listen to the "shell head." The cape gives you a noble visage, verily.

Scarlet Witch: (grinning) I think it's kinda sexy.

Captain America: (to Quicksilver) Is your sister flirting with the robot... man?

Quicksilver: She's always had a thing for capes. Runs in the family.

Iron Man: "Runs in the family!" HA!

Hm. A robot made as the vision of two of the greatest minds on Earth meant to replace them both in the Avengers... I say both because Banner probably does still want a cure for the Hulk and Stark was trying to leave the suit in IM3... So somthing meant to take the slot of Iron Man and Hulk when they retire?

In Entertainment Weekly, Vision was described as

"a synthetic, superpowered human designed by Ultron to show he has the power to create life, too." Not sure Hulk or IM have much to do with it.

... Huh. That...

that's actually the comic origin. Okay.

Edited by Trekker 42

I haven't read the script, so I don't know for sure that

that's what happening, or if that's just what they know from the comics, but it was presented as movie plot by someone talking to the producer, who only declined to comment when it came to why the voice of JARVIS was involved. But they do say that Tony builds Ultron to be a more sentient version of the House Party.

Like I said, I haven't read the script, or I wouldn't even be talking about it. If I ever do, I will neither confirm or deny any of this.

that's what happening, or if that's just what they know from the comics, but it was presented as movie plot by someone talking to the producer, who only declined to comment when it came to why the voice of JARVIS was involved. But they do say that Tony builds Ultron to be a more sentient version of the House Party.

Like I said, I haven't read the script, or I wouldn't even be talking about it. If I ever do, I will neither confirm or deny any of this.

So you are confirming... Avengers 2 ends with Ultron making robot versions of all the characters!

So you are confirming... Avengers 2 ends with Ultron making robot versions of all the characters!

I see someone enjoys the movie, "Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow"

• 1 month later...