UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole wave might be Series of the Year.

I can only think of one character that's noticeably absent and that's Alexander Pierce, of course, but the overall selection and execution of these figures is just terrific.

The only problem I've noticed with the paint apps is registered Cap's A on his helmet with the sculpted detail. Otherwise, everything is brilliant.

But if DST wants to offer a special 2-pack with Pierce and Carter, I'd be fine with that! wink.png

The only problem I've noticed with the paint apps is registered Cap's A on his helmet with the sculpted detail. Otherwise, everything is brilliant.

I got my set from Luke today. I haven't had the chance to open them yet, but I can already see some QC issues. Stealth Cap's helmet A isn't painted, the paint on the other Cap helmet's A doesn't quite line up with the sculpt, and there's a weird vertical white line on the right side of Batroc's face. I was planning on picking up another Cap/Rumlow set, so that should solve that. The paint/sculpt misalignment isn't too bad on the other. Hopefully CS can get me a replacement Batroc head. And hopefully there are no more issues. I want this to be a really stellar wave and would hate for my experience of it to be negatively affected by more QC problems.

And yb, great suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by Turtle

No shipment yet from Luke.... Need new mates :drool:

Pics look great everyone! Thanks for sharing.

I found time to open these-what a great wave. Both of the Caps are just stunning. The classic uniform is a tremendous improvement on the first version, and the stealth uniform, other than the unpainted A, is wonderfully detailed. Widow could easily have been a boring update, but DST did wonders highlighting the side panels. I'm not crazy about the hairpiece, but it is accurate. Batroc is another superbly detailed 'mate. Sitwell I'd a guy in a suit, but his likeness is perfectly captured. It took me a second to get Falcon's wings, but once I did... What a fun figure! And another great likeness. Rumlow and Winter Soldier are both accessory heavy, and it's great. For Winter Soldier, I know all the promo images had the super dark eye thing, and all the other figures have it going as well, but I think WS unmanned llooks better with a Bucky head from Cap 1. Overall, this is one if the best movie waves we have gotten, IMO. Even with a few QC issues, this is a great wave. My 2 cents.