UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to stay away from a lot of the tiffs we've seen recently on the boards, but I can say, being as unbiased an observer as I can attempt to be, that the forum has changed a bit due to Zach's involvement here. I think his involvement has definitely been welcome and valuable in many ways, but at the same time I do see people seemingly holding their tongues a bit more than they would in the past, or changing the tenor of their posts in sometimes subtle ways, to avoid an unpleasant response. Because in the past, folks would just say what they thought. It hardly ever got really vicious or nasty, but it wasn't always pleasant in terms of the portrayal of the product or Art Asylum/DST. And sure, sometimes people overreact a bit, and use a bit of hyperbole. Or sometimes they may not be considering the bigger picture in some way. But folks who disagreed generally accepted and understood that for what it was. We could have disagreements, but it was almost always one of respecting each other for holding their opinion. And being an independently operated board of niche toy collectors, that makes sense. We're not politicians here, we're just guys wasting a few minutes chit-chatting about toys, so we aren't always going to be all that cautious about what we want to post. Now, folks make a comment, and sometimes Zach will come back and throw it in folks' faces in a biting or condescending way--i.e., the guys getting frustrated and considering selling their collections, or criticizing Iceman or armored Hulk or TRU or movie Mates or the Cap release schedule, etc. I get it, but it happens. And because he is the company rep, and lots of boardies here appreciate that and his being here, there is a bit of proactive Zach defense that contributes to this mood.

I don't blame Zach for this. It's just his honest and natural response I'm sure, and I can't fault folks for that. But I think it does create a different dynamic when you are part of the thing being criticized, and have an explicit interest in defending that thing. It has to feel personal on some level even when it isn't, sort of analogous to critiquing someone's political views.

Edited by karamazov80

Okay great zach, I like you and I didn't know if you were under pressure with all the people of the board lately speaking negative about the black on Icemans suit (; but I was just trying to distance myself from the crazynsss. I didn't get upset with your comment, but I didn't want you mad at me. We need to take a #yolo pic at nycc this year! ^_*

Very well said, K80.

Back on topic, i'm really looking forward to this wave and excited it's almost here. I loved the movie and have had to restrain myself from buying all of the Hasbro stuff. Glad to finally be my fix.

Because of the comic Cap wave we got earlier this year, I don't feel like I'm missing this one as much, even though I'm really looking forward to it.

And I gotta say that this genre of films has come a long way when people are comparing a movie like The Winter Soldier to other mainstream films such as The Bourne Identity rather than other comic book films. I feel spoiled.

luke, now that we know a date, any idea when the pre orders from your shop will ship out?

This. But for ASM2, too! :D

This may be the only movie wave that I've looked forward to. I've gotten a lot of the other ones, but mostly just because they were minimates, and I needed my fix. This one is on par with comic waves for me.

Having said that, I've passed over the new spiderman ones at TRU on about 3 occasions now, which is saying something, because I don't think I've bought any "new" mates since TRU wave 18/ Tomb Raider back in January i think. It will more than likely be the first time I don't get anything from a new wave of minimates since I've been collecting them.

luke, now that we know a date, any idea when the pre orders from your shop will ship out?

We usually receive our shipments in the late afternoon on Wednesdays. Most shipments will go out on Thursday, and the rest go out on Friday.

Sarcasm, inflection, intention, mood, & motivation are all hard to reflect in a written message board statement. That said, speak your mind. If you are unsure of someones intentions, just ask. 99.9% of the people here are good people. When TBT! is gone, it will be 100% :P (see what I did there?)