UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2013

boyd

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new license.... Star Wars? starwars.gif

seems likely with Disney owning Star Wars now, and they're getting involved with Peter Pan and the disney store exclusive marvel box sets.

Edited by kaipo

Zach said as long as Lego is making a Star Wars product, we shouldn't expect Minimates. Not that there is a 'hard rule', just that he doesn't expect there would be interest from Disney while Lego is producing them.

Same with TMNT.

Femme Fatales and MAX are both on the back burner as well, no plans.

More notes from the panel:

Nobody asked about Calico Jack.

Nobody asked about DC.

Zach stated definitively that the sales numbers for Street Fighter X Tekken are what ended the line.

No Invincible samples were shown, only design sheets. If the Invincible and Thief of Thieves box sets do well, we my see more from those lines.

DST has not pursued the Walking Dead tv license, but if you want to see it happen, you should "Ask DST" and email Skybound.

Battle Beasts are the only 'in-house' product that they are focusing on, they were very happy with the sell thru at TRU, so the second line is still in planning stages. He is not sure what he future of the comic book is at this time.

If we want large-scale Minimate banks, there needs to be a reason for it that makes sense to Chuck. Zach doubts there would ever be a blank Minimate bank, and something sculpted like Battle Beast would defeat the alternate purpose for customizes, which Zach acknowledges. The best thing to do is 'Ask DST', and offer suggestions of how a basic Minimate Body could work as a bank.

Personally, I think the 10th Anniversary was the perfect opportunity...

Ferris Beuller is still Zach's biggest Minimate want, and they had the license, but something happened and they don't have it anymore.

Nothing mentioned about Fan Poll box set.

Let's wait until we see a box set before we condemn it.

Pssh...noob. :)

Zach was adamant about no photography during the panel.

Ah - that's fair enough. Thank's for letting us know.

I'll ask him today if there are any *new* slides I can snap pics of to share.

I don't recall anything different about Elektra, but i saw her briefest of all. And the Wade head was the only thing about DP I remember. Rulk was the standout though.

Zach did say that another Flash Venom would be likely, as he is a very popular character.

Yeah - i suspected we'd see more of him. It's probably unlikely, but i hope the T-Bolts Flash/Venom has new sculpted parts. I loved the spiky crustacean look that DST did with the Select figure & would love to see something similar for Minimates.

Apologies - i meant that in reference to Zach saying that we'd likely see another Flash Venom somewhere down the line due to his popularity.

(and it was based largely on the assumption that we'd see a TRU 2-pack that tied in with the box set)

FYI, I did NOT say Ask DST or write Skybound about Walking Dead TV Minimates. I think I said we were happy with what we had, and TV wasn't something we were going out of our way to acquire. Do not ask Skybound to give us the TV license, because it is not up to them, and we are fine where we are. Thanks.

awesome :D I'd love to have this as a late birthday or christmas present :D

also I know you've said you're gonna base the continuation of this line on sales, but have you guys put any thought into how to continue the line if it goes well?

FYI, I did NOT say Ask DST or write Skybound about Walking Dead TV Minimates. I think I said we were happy with what we had, and TV wasn't something we were going out of our way to acquire. Do not ask Skybound to give us the TV license, because it is not up to them, and we are fine where we are. Thanks.

I'm with you, Zach. I dod't see the need for the TV show characters right now. You are fine where you are right now.

Sorry for the misquote Zach.

Sorry for the misquote Zach.
No worries, just wanted to head it off at the pass.

a spiderman bank may sell, that would be 'vanilla'

Except we don't have the Marvel bank license, and will likely never get it, as long as Monogram is around. Three are very few licenses we have banks AND Minimates for, and our current in-house brand is fairly elaborate.

And thanks to EVERYONE who came by the exhibit, said hi, helped me set up, helped me break down, baked us brownies, let me take a bathroom break... It was great meeting you for the first (and in some cases second) time. Did our group photo get posted?

Aliens - Not signed.

Thunderbolts - No showing art before protos. Chuck Rule #1.

Battle Beasts - No showing art before protos.

The Wolverine - No showing art before protos.

Lost in Space - Protos shown, but not sure when we'll offer them. Will try to show art soon.

Sorry.