UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2013

boyd

So weird to put faces to names. Really wish I could have been there. Nervous looks like he's about to kick someone's ass laugh.png

To quote Black Dynamite " I AM smiling"

http://youtu.be/8FtLpQDaYEU

I was probably whispering in Zach's ear about Hanna Barbera , battle of the planets , or silverhawks at that moment ;-)

Edited by Nervous

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should figure out how to change my avatar.... :P

And, regarding the girl who asked about Princess Minimates: her and her mom got real excited expressions when Zach mentioned the Peter Pan mates. I think the mom immediately started looking for them online, too. So, the PP mates do speak to the girls too....

I guess I should figure out how to change my avatar.... tongue.png

And, regarding the girl who asked about Princess Minimates: her and her mom got real excited expressions when Zach mentioned the Peter Pan mates. I think the mom immediately started looking for them online, too. So, the PP mates do speak to the girls too....

... And most importantly, she was dressed as a princess. So, you know she was serious about wanting princesses! it was great to see her excitement.

Are you SURE the guy next to Zack is TENIME_art? tongue.png

I dunno...he said he was...he coulda been lying... blink.png

So weird to put faces to names.

Yeah, this is how I usually picture you guys:

attachicon.gifC2E2.jpg

:lol: Hey, my avatar is a custom self-portrait. I just didn't have the black beard because I was cosplaying. tongue.png

Man, only me, Onyx and youbastards are smiling!

I'm smirking, like I do for pretty much all my pictures, lol...

It was really great finally meeting you guys, and geeking out over Minimates in person, lol. ^_^

DST display their new line of Snow White Mega-mates,

Top LtR: Bashful, Doc, Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy,

Bottom LtR: Grumpy, Snow White, Dopey.

T.

:lol: I was definitely sleepy...

OK, I was trying to smile but there were two photographers and I was actually not sure where to look. I can only smile for about a minute before it becomes painful and that minute passed quickly... (kidding of course).

It was a blast to meet you guys. Boyd really threw me because I saw him but he was looking a bit aloof and then Zach introduces me to him and I was so confused but thought my meds had worn off or something. I have met Jeff before and just thought I was in a mirror world because I didn't realize he was the same Jeff that was doing art for them. I was so happy to learn that I did not totally lose my mind and the Jeff being a DST artist was a surprise! I hope this makes sense.

Congrats to my friend Jeff.

I enjoyed meeting you all and I am sorry I did not get a chance to talk with some of you more.

laugh.png I was definitely sleepy...

I think I was way more Grumpy than any of you...

I enjoyed meeting you all and I am sorry I did not get a chance to talk with some of you more.

Agreed, you being one of the people I was most looking forward to meeting and me not being able to even introduce myself. By the way, what did your family think of the con?

I'll trade with you! I don't think I was Grumpy at all; although, I was seriously considering paying for Lee Arenberg's autograph....

Another member also stopped by the exhibit at one point, and his name eludes me. I believe his screen name and his real name were the same. Paul something?

Or Jeff? I stopped by Sunday morning, asked for Hack/Slash minimates again.

I visited Shocker/Geoff Beckett toys. Bought a Grendel Mallow (for me) and a blank Shockini (for my daughter).

Had some series 1 for sale (Shadowhawk, Kabuki, and a SCUD). Had the Jack Staff prototype figure for sale for $50. Also a couple other prototypes laying out on the table.

Also had a printout of the series 2, 3 and Golden Age Spotlight. I didn't talk to him much, nor did I do any digging.

Edited by JeffBohn

Yes it's true - I am a boid.

No really, I am working for Diamond creating their paint masters for Minimates. I've been working for them since last fall, and it's been a thrill. I'm only painting Minimate samples - no design work. And yes, I'll be pushing for my obscure favorite figures when I can.

Thanks to everyone for all their well-wishes about the job, and thanks to youbastards for coming up with a great way to reveal the news to everyone who wasn't at the Minimate panel. See what you miss out on when you don't attend?

Yes it's true - I am a boid.

No really, I am working for Diamond creating their paint masters for Minimates. I've been working for them since last fall, and it's been a thrill. I'm only painting Minimate samples - no design work. And yes, I'll be pushing for my obscure favorite figures when I can.

Thanks to everyone for all their well-wishes about the job, and thanks to youbastards for coming up with a great way to reveal the news to everyone who wasn't at the Minimate panel. See what you miss out on when you don't attend?

Congratulations Boyd! That's fantastic. From the work that I have seen here, it's well deserved. I'm sure you're having a great time with it. Painting toys as a job has always been a dream job of mine.

And I'll be in the picture next year. Me and my wife had to help some people move Saturday morning, and then we had a long drive in. But I was soo worried about missing the panel, which I was hoping would have Battle Beast designs in it, that we went straight to the panel. And after all that time, we had to use the restroom so bad that we had to duck out immediately after the panel. But next year, I'll be there for sure for any pics.

Boyd, I am telling you that you threw me for a loop. I had seen your name a few times in DST stuff but just assumed it was another Jeff. When I saw you at the anniversary display, I really thought I was losing my mind, but just rolled with it. I was happy to learn that I was not totally insane at the panel. It was good to see you and Mrs. Boyd once again. Thanks for that bag of goodness!!!!

Onyx, was that your Mom with you? Mom of the year for sure.

Yep. She was a real trooper! :P

She helped Zach out maybe more than I with manning the booth/exhibit. The panels in the round displays kept popping out - freaking little kids out - and she would put them back in and reassure kids and parents that it was okay. :D

Had the Jack Staff prototype figure for sale for $50.

Nice, someone should contact Paul Grist and let him know.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/06/paul-grist-geoff-beckett-and-shocker-toys/

Why? It was basically a custom hand painted toy, and only one of them.

Because if there is truly only one painted prototype, which I doubt because Beckett is a lying thief who cannot be taken at his word "businessman", then Grist should have it just for the hassle that Beckett has caused him with the license. Had I known about it, I may have bought it and found a way to send it to Grist, and wouldn't have been surprised when another "one of a kind" prototype showed up at Beckett's table an hour later.

Another member also stopped by the exhibit at one point, and his name eludes me. I believe his screen name and his real name were the same. Paul something?

Possibly! Sorry I forgot! We need to get Tim and Chuck together....

>I enjoyed meeting you all and I am sorry I did not get a chance to talk with some of you more.

Agreed, you being one of the people I was most looking forward to meeting and me not being able to even introduce myself. By the way, what did your family think of the con?

Ah damn. That sucks. You are such a presence here I would loved to have chatted you up for a bit. My nephew is still in disbelief that such a cool con exists. He had never been to anything like it. My dear Mother claims she had a great time, but I know we wore her out. I think she enjoyed the panel so much because she got to sit down for about an hour. :) We may need to do shirts similar to the ones the DST guys wore, with our user names on them. I especially liked Zach's shirt with the LIS minis on the back. I really wanted to talk more, but realize most of us were just there for the day and time is short.

Onyx, was that your Mom with you? Mom of the year for sure.

Yep. She was a real trooper! tongue.png

She helped Zach out maybe more than I with manning the booth/exhibit. The panels in the round displays kept popping out - freaking little kids out - and she would put them back in and reassure kids and parents that it was okay. biggrin.png

Awesome. She is a gem. My Mom really enjoys the whole pop culture thing and can totally get the idea of us all meeting up. She is a fan of westerns and actually meets up with a group of ladies who all enjoy all the old western tv shows like Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Magnificent Seven, etc. I gave her the three sets of Clint Eastwood movie-mates when they first came out and she still proudly displays them in her home office.

Possibly! Sorry I forgot! We need to get Tim and Chuck together....

Hey Zach, I'm assuming you are referring to Tim Seeley??? well, I just saw this, he seems to be on board for some silverhawks minimates! I think lobsterman would especially like to see this. So maybe Hack/Slash isnt that out of the question?!?!?!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I'd punch a head to have these. Heroes of the 80s Custom Minimates: <a href="http://t.co/4UPATMLVyO" title="http://www.toymania.com/node/12275">toymania.com/node/12275</a> Come to me little Crystar.</p>— Tim Seeley (@HackinTimSeeley) <a href="https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/status/327134636033576961">April 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dangit! won't let me paste it in the twitter section from work......

also, Zach, it was a blast hanging out and shooting the breeze with you

Edited by Nervous

Not saying Hack/Slash is a sure bet, but Chuck knows a lot of artists and writers (Joe Linsner, David Mack, Joseph Pulido, Jim Balent, Randy Queen, etc.), and a lot of the Femme Fatales are due to his relationships with them. So I'd like him to strike up a lasting friendship with Tim Seeley! (I like the character and costume -- haven't read all of the series, though.)

Great meeting you, too, Nervous (ironic nickname?) -- heck, it was great meeting all of you guys. Only YB, Boyd, TM2 and GH7s came by last year, that I recall. Sorry I was too distracted to carry on a conversation for very long. I had to keep Onyx's mom from picking up all of the falling windows.

I love that we have a Multiverse gang on each coast and continent -- like the Avengers. Or the Justice League. Or the Global Frequency.