UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2013

boyd

I know several people have talked about attending C2E2 (the big Chicago comic-con). And since it's now 2013 and it's only four months away, I thought it might be nice to start a dedicated thread for C2E2.

Plus it gives me a chance to share that they just announced Adam West, Burt Ward & Julie Newmar as special guests.

The C2E2 web site

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably be there with my daughter on Sunday, it's our tradition. She always gets a buttload of sketches and has a great time.

Here are last years sketches she collected... http://hackslashinc.com/1/2012/04/hackslashincs-c2e2-2012-report-our-con-swag/

I might go another day by myself if something big is happening that I want to see, but usually that one day is enough for me.

I'll probably drop by to bug Zach about Hack/Slash minimates too!

Edited by JeffBohn

Adam West and Burt Ward attended WW NOLA two years ago. West was an ass who charged $60 for an auto and poor old Burt Ward was dieing to talk to anyone that got close.

I still have a hotel reservation, but I am not 100% certain I'll go. I intend to, but after a long busy project year at work, I think I need relaxation and Cons are not relaxing...

1357760495[/url]' post='257467']
1357758304[/url]' post='257460']

I know i am gonna try as hard as I can to make it this year. . I'd even wanted to ask if any Philly area members think a road trip sounds like a good idea.

I could be up for that. :thumbsup:

Cool man, I still gotta run it by the boss,;-) Either way , i think it would be cool for a local meetup at some point too

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a bump! C2E2 is under 3 months away, April 26th -28th, so we need to start talking plans. My wife and I will be there the whole weekend, and my brother has agreed to watch our daughter during the trip!

I think DST's focus on Minimates is going to be big this year with the 10th Anniversary, so it would only be fitting if we could have a nice MMMV presence at the con.

Can we get a roll call of "Definite", "Maybe", "Not gonna happen"?

Ugh. I don't know. My initial reaction is to say no, but this is the closest we'll ever have to an official "MMMV Con" which makes me really want to go. And we at the very least need to reunite the Four Horsemen and abscond with Zach. But there's weird stuff going on with my sister dating my best friend who I went with last year and things aren't going well. I just don't know.

Put me down as an "Outlook is Cloudy."

EDIT: Did you know "Horsemen" autocorrects as "hour-semen"?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

My only concern with this endeavor, obviously, is that I'm not sure that the world can handle the collective handsomeness of so many Minimate collectors in one room, even if that room is a giant expo hall. Chicago might turn into Bikini Bottom that one time that Squidward got really handsome after being hit in the face with a door. I don't think any of us want to see that happen. We can only hope that the Cubs are in town, and that ugly baseball > collective Minimate Multiverse handsomeness. Someone check a schedule.

My only concern with this endeavor, obviously, is that I'm not sure that the world can handle the collective handsomeness of so many Minimate collectors in one room, even if that room is a giant expo hall.

I'll try to remember to wear an ugly shirt to cut down on our group attractiveness.