UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2013

boyd

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw design sheets for the TBolts set, Bulked up Rulk was the standout, but the rest look really good too.

I'm guessing we won't see ALIENS in-hand until next year. There have been painted samples of the humans, but we were only shown design sheets. The ALIEN looked to be a nice mix of sculpted parts, while retaining the Minimate form. Think more 'Modern Cylon', not as extreme as 'Battle Beasts'.

The designs for the new Battle Beasts look great. If you liked the first wave, you will like these!

No DC or Universal Monsters questions during Q&A.

Zach sounds like DST definitely has more plans for Ghostbusters, including animated.

Not too sure we'll get the entire Lost In Space cast, or even a saucer. We might just have to be happy with Robot and Smith.

Nothing indicated we will see Predator 'mates.

Zach said there are plans for more 'mates based on a video game, not Halo, but didn't elaborate.

Halo, Street Fighter X Tekken are both done.

Edited by youbastards

Design sheets for Thunderbolts included:

Post transformation General Ross

White punisher tampo on the back - Zach admitted he forgot that at the panel

Scarred Wade head under the Deadpool mask

And for those at the panel whom I didn't meet, I was in the SHIELD Agent outfit.

And props to Nervous for his awesome customs he shared!

Love the thunerbolts news, though I do hope Punisher gets a white chest tampo along side his red chest tampo.

Though speaking of Thunderbolts Now!, I would have replaced Deadpool with a new version of Leader.

Though a Wolverine Boxset? Ugh. He gets a wave devoted to his movie, and has had enough minimates to last a lifetime.

The Wolverine boxset is actually pretty sweet, with a lot of multiple display options

So like a General Ross under the Red Hulk like the Hulk in the recent Best of Wave?

Let's wait until we see a box set before we condemn it.

ditto.

So, Zach, any chance this "unique" box set you mentioned in another thread is a teleporter box set that includes a Gateway to complete my outback X-Men? I REALLY want him. I'm sure it's not, but a man can dream.

I think the thunderbolts was the unique one.

Scratch that, it's the team one, duh. So upcoming are two TTAs (Hulk, Wolvie), one team (Thunderbolts), IM3, and the mystery "unique" one.

I'm super stoked for the stands too though.

Edited by kaipo

We saw design sheets for the TBolts set, Bulked up Rulk was the standout, but the rest look really good too.

I'm guessing we won't see ALIENS in-hand until next year. There have been painted samples of the humans, but we were only shown design sheets. The ALIEN looked to be a nice mix of sculpted parts, while retaining the Minimate form. Think more 'Modern Cylon', not as extreme as 'Battle Beasts'.

The designs for the new Battle Beasts look great. If you liked the first wave, you will like these!

No DC or Universal Monsters questions during Q&A.

Zach sounds like DST definitely has more plans for Ghostbusters, including animated.

Not too sure we'll get the entire Lost In Space cast, or even a saucer. We might just have to be happy with Robot and Smith.

Nothing indicated we will see Predator 'mates.

Zach said there are plans for more 'mates based on a video game, not Halo, but didn't elaborate.

Halo, Street Fighter X Tekken are both done.

Yes! The video game licences are one of my favourites! Bioshock would be awesome! As well as injustice or mortal kombat. Think about it, injustice is a dc game made by netherrealm, the people who made the new mk. A bundle of the two would be the totally cool!

As for the thunderbolts while the title is meh, i really like the designs and i needed a new deadpool (every deadpool i have has his paint chipped off sooner or later) and rulk. I'll probably buy 2 to keep a Ross and a Rulk,have an extra dp just in case and use the others for customs. Overall, really exciting news!

Edited by Kostisfire

Just a quick add on to yb's coverage. There's still a lot of Marvel not planned for this year yet (leaving room for Squirrel Girl...) and there are several licenses not announced yet (one of which will have an SDCC 2 pack as a debut).

I made it in late to the panel and then had to leave shortly after to help my wife get unlost in Chicago so I'm looking forwardto today. I wish I could have had more time to spend with everybody.

Sorry Kostis, but if we were to get 'mates of those awful Injustice designs, I'd cry a river of tears. Better no DC 'mates then Injustice 'mates, say I.

A mystery property debuting with a SDCC set? Oh no.smile.png I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of speculation....

Sorry Kostis, but if we were to get 'mates of those awful Injustice designs, I'd cry a river of tears. Better no DC 'mates then Injustice 'mates, say I.

A mystery property debuting with a SDCC set? Oh no.smile.png I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of speculation....

They have some the classic costumes as unlockables. Though yeah, most of them are crap (ww, lex, supes, cyborg and manta are the only good looking ones).

Just a quick add on to yb's coverage. There's still a lot of Marvel not planned for this year yet (leaving room for Squirrel Girl...) and there are several licenses not announced yet (one of which will have an SDCC 2 pack as a debut).

I made it in late to the panel and then had to leave shortly after to help my wife get unlost in Chicago so I'm looking forwardto today. I wish I could have had more time to spend with everybody.

More new stuff? This is going to be an expensive year!

Edited by Kostisfire

So like a General Ross under the Red Hulk like the Hulk in the recent Best of Wave?

Yep. Design sheets showed an awesome looking Ross head with blue jeans (I think) and a ripped red shirt - hence post transformation.

Yep. Design sheets showed an awesome looking Ross head with blue jeans (I think) and a ripped red shirt - hence post transformation.

Do you remember anything else from the control art? For example: is elektra any different than the wave 38 one? How many sculpted pieces does dp have?

I'll ask him today if there are any *new* slides I can snap pics of to share.

I don't recall anything different about Elektra, but i saw her briefest of all. And the Wade head was the only thing about DP I remember. Rulk was the standout though.

Zach did say that another Flash Venom would be likely, as he is a very popular character.

I'll ask him today if there are any *new* slides I can snap pics of to share.

I don't recall anything different about Elektra, but i saw her briefest of all. And the Wade head was the only thing about DP I remember. Rulk was the standout though.

Zach did say that another Flash Venom would be likely, as he is a very popular character.

Thanks for the info!