UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't have even considered it until seeing these new pictures. Looks so very good, v.tempting... the perfect display piece.

very sorry if it has been covered, do we have approx prices on this lair? what about the tank?

For those that may not have the funds to shell out for the Thundertank on AFX, Target has the modern Thundertank on clearance right now. I found mine for $14, but YMMV. I think it will suffice as part of my MM Thundercats display.

Front

20120713_115217.jpg

Trunk

20120713_115543.jpg

Cockpit

20120713_115609.jpg

The Cat's Lair is sweet but not really in the minimate scale. They look cool on it as a display, but the stairs and doors make me want an even bigger one. And that cheaper tank will look fine with the minis.

I need multiple, multiple sets of the bad guys, there are some great pieces in there. Thundercats is only the beginning.

Okay, so, you guys might have already realized this, and might have already talked about this, but I just noticed that these Icon Heroes guys also have the MOTU license. Sooooooo.....?

I'd be shocked if Mattel allowed anyone else to do anything even remotely resembling an action figure.

For a few more pictures of the new Thundertank with mates:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11201&st=40

Ind since taking those pictures I've been working with Lego in order to make it a better fit for both a driver and a passenger.

Also for anyone finding clearance items the Thunder Racers make great scout vehicles with a little work. This is from a custom Rankin/Bass universe team that I'm working on that includes both a new custom ThunderCat Cougarra and SilverHawk Pilot Light.

StarHuntersScoutTeam0101.jpg

StarHuntersScoutTeam0102.jpg

The interior in these pics is still in the concept stage but reflects what I have in mind.

StarHuntersThunderRacerInt01.jpg

StarHuntersThunderRacerInt02.jpg

Went to target. Found the Thundertank. Realized they had all sorts of Thundercats toys, both new and Classic. And then saw that they were ALL on clearance for really cheap. They didn't have the Tower of Omens play set though. I wonder how that would look with minimates too.

Mum-Ra "the everliving" will be in Series 4 according to the control art shown at the panel. The next two sets (2 & 3) will be sold at NYCC. Hopefully enough is being produced for on-line retailers. This line looks awesome!

Okay, so, you guys might have already realized this, and might have already talked about this, but I just noticed that these Icon Heroes guys also have the MOTU license. Sooooooo.....?

I'd be shocked if Mattel allowed anyone else to do anything even remotely resembling an action figure.

Oh, I totally agree. I was just throwing it out there. You know, for kicks.

Mattel absolutely SHOULD license MOTU to DST or anyone else who adores the property. I think there's a lot more market to tap into but, damn, those people are just... ugh. Let's just say the only thing I think Mattel's done right is to partner with The Four Horsemen. They could use more partners like them.

Mattel absolutely SHOULD license MOTU to DST or anyone else who adores the property. I think there's a lot more market to tap into but, damn, those people are just... ugh. Let's just say the only thing I think Mattel's done right is to partner with The Four Horsemen. They could use more partners like them.

Yeah, Mattel's track-record of "good" decisions is an extremely short list. However, I do believe that our chances are far better than if the license was being held (or rather...locked-down) by someone like Hasbro who would determine that they'd do a better job in-house by sh!tting-out some Kre-ons. Or worse yet, do absolutely nothing with it (BSG, Micronauts, etc.)! The success of Thundercats coupled with Hero Icon's passion for the line could be just the nudge that it takes move this stubborn mule (or "jack-ass", if you like) of a company. Best case scenario, it would probably be a year or two down the road and the "Matty-Club" run would be winding-down a bit which may also help. Hell, the Four Horsemen themselves would probably champion the idea (those guy's passion for nostalgic-toys is awesome) regardless of whether they were involved!

Edited by cdubya

Mum-Ra "the everliving" will be in Series 4 according to the control art shown at the panel. The next two sets (2 & 3) will be sold at NYCC. Hopefully enough is being produced for on-line retailers. This line looks awesome!

Second. I'm hoping Luke is getting these (I've heard rumors he will) as £45 for the set (as I have seen on Amazon) is waaaaaaaaay too much for my liking...

1342384028[/url]' post='237043']
1342340421[/url]' post='236908']

Second. I'm hoping Luke is getting these (I've heard rumors he will) as £45 for the set (as I have seen on Amazon) is waaaaaaaaay too much for my liking...

Series 2&3 or this first one? If it's the first one you're talking about then forget rumors. Luke has flat out said he'll get them. He also said he think they should be available for order by Wednesday.

1342384028[/url]' post='237043']
1342340421[/url]' post='236908']

Series 2&3 or this first one? If it's the first one you're talking about then forget rumors. Luke has flat out said he'll get them. He also said he think they should be available for order by Wednesday.

God I hope so