UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

sdcc4.jpg

SDCC 2012 MARVEL MINIMATES AVENGERS VS X-MEN BOX SET

The hottest comics crossover of the summer is now the coolest con-exclusive Minimate 4-pack! Hope Summers may be humanity's destroyer or mutantkind's savior, but whichever it is, three of the most powerful mutants in the X-Men army have united to protect her from Captain America and the Avengers. Hope's first-ever Minimate 2" minifigure is joined by three brand-new Minimates of Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Colossus in his new Juggernaut-inspired look.

sdcc2.jpg

SDCC 2012 MARVEL MINIMATES AMAZING SPIDER-MAN MOVIE SEWER 2-PACK

In this summer's blockbuster movie, the Amazing Spider-Man and the ferocious Lizard do battle under the streets of New York City, and Diamond Select Toys is adding to their popular movie assortment with two new Minimates! Tiny 2" minifigures of Spidey and the Lizard get a splash of sewage in this exclusive two-pack.

sdcc3.jpg

SDCC 2012 WALKING DEAD RICK & ZOMBIE MINIMATE 2-PACK

The first two Walking Dead Minimates from Diamond Select Toys are only at SDCC! This two-pack of 2" minifigures includes a "battle-damaged" version of Officer Rick Grimes and a casual-attire zombie!

sdcc1.jpg

SDCC 2012 BATTLE BEASTS MINIMATE 2-PACK

The first series of Battle Beasts Minimates won't be out until this fall, but Diamond Select Toys is offering fans a preview set that's only at SDCC! The fully painted two-pack of 2" Beasts includes the heroic ram Vorin, star of the IDW comic series, and an all-new villainous dragonfly character, Zik!

Other non-Minimate Diamond exclusives

Discuss. :D

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said somewhere that if they did an AvX box set it would be three repeats and Hope Summers. I'm not thrilled to be right. They all look great, but I certainly hope this wasn't what they were referring to when they said the SDCC exclusives were going to blow our hair back.

So no Avengers in the AvX boxset? Guessing there is a complimentary boxset somewhere else featuring only Avengers characters?

I was wondering the same. AFX set? I haven't heard any mention of a TRU/EE boxset like last year. Wonder if that's who will be hosting the Avengers?...

That AvX set looks great! So does TWD. Even ASM. But that Zik... My first reaction was "Oh, Lizard feet." I just... It looked 1000x cooler on the production sheet. :confused:

Just noticed something about Hope. Aside from being awesome for GI Joe customs, she could be reused by DST for... Kain?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I will for sure get the X-Men set (but will be throwing Jugger-lossus into the parts bin immediately). The rest, not necessarily disappointing, just nothing super exciting. We've seen it all. I think the dragonfly would look a lot better with a sculpted chest piece.

The whole box set is awesome. The walking dead pack good too. Vorin looks cool and zik looks kinda strange. The prototypes always look kinda strange in my opinion. The Spidey pack is somewhat disappointing. I was expecting a sfxtekken pack. I think that the afx sets are either an avengers avx set,I'd really like a proper red hulk. Or it's an alpha flight pack. Then again we still have that 80s property rumour. Any word on when the afx exclusives will be revealed?

Definitely in for the Walking Dead and Battle Beast sets. Zik looks like it could be interesting, I think the thing that bugs me about it is there's no armor. Comes off more like a Gormitti than a Battle Beast.

Cyclops: Will the side printing on the legs actually be on the production piece? Or just on the prototype?...

Colossus-Naut: What's the story here? Haven't been following the comics for awhile. Is this actually well written, or as cheap as it sounds?

Battle Beasts - meh. Not my cup of tea. Especially the totally rehashed winged guy. meh.

Walking Dead - Will Rick come with his hand so people can re-create cutting it off? I'm definitely buying this one.

Spider-Poop. Nuff Said! (my excrement senses are tingling!)

So no Avengers in the AvX boxset? Guessing there is a complimentary boxset somewhere else featuring only Avengers characters?

I haven't read AvX, but are there any Avengers characters that have new looks that we haven't already gotten in the last few Avengers themed minimates? If not, I'd rather have complimentary X-characters in the new looks.

First impressions are ok, I like the battle beasts, I like the walking dead....but and there is always a but isn't there. Marvel looks a little lusterless. Spidey 2 pack could be a very easy pass and the only standout figure in the AVX is the Colossus.