• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

You know, I hear GR and Squirrel Girl are pretty tight.

Please. They're acquaintances at best. Now, Ghost Rider and Rocket Raccoon... they're like brothers from other mothers (one of those mothers being, y'know... a raccoon).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another tough choice. So many wants, so few votes. I went with Zemo and Wrecker. Almost went with both Barons. Not a big fan of Onsluaght for a number of reasons, and though he has a visually neat look, Venom Rider, I mean Vengance was never a fav either.

And now the responses...

I'd buy both sets. So that's three sales, and I'd wager Miry would as well. $$

Safe bet. Main reason I did not vote for Mojo or Strucker is my personal feeling Marvel minimates are very villain top heavy: we have a lot of masterminds, not a lot of hench-villains. So Wrecker got the vote, he represents more of the kind of villain I want. 10 years in and we still can't put together a decent Brotherhood line-up and that's a shame.

Dumb question: Is this Baron Zemo the father, the son, or hasn't it been specified?

The son, Helmet, the 13th Baron Zemo is the who's pictured. Aside from Zemo's Citizen V disguise, it's his best known look. The fact they dressed his father, Hienrich, in this same outfit for EMH probably aides in the confusion.

When's Miry coming back?

Now. But really? Mojo? There is no quick description of Mojo. Time flow oddly in his dimension and he himself travels across both time and different dimensions. His "history" makes Kang's look linear. But, IIRC no matter which "Mojo" you're taking about I believe they are all the same Mojo. Allegedly he's a universal singularity of sorts- all Mojo's are really the fat cyber-Jabba Mojo in disguise, or a bio-droid under Mojo's control. SO Ult. Mojo, Mojo II the Sequel, and even the Mojo being described that I don't recognise are really "normal" Mojo. Don't try to "logic" it out, don't think about it too hard, it just gives you a headache.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. I know Blaze was overcome by Zarathos making him GR. In fact, ridding himself of Zarathos is what originally ended his comic run. However, he was still GR and was a boderline hero (much like Wolverine and Hulk) that plays by his own rules (mostly to stick it to Mephisto). Blaze is the original GR IMO. I know all about the Rex Fury GR and never followed it. Blaze is my GR. (BTW Miry, kudos for your detailed knowledge of a character many consider a B-lister, but I consider an A-lister)

Let me see if I can explain it a little better... It has been revealed that there are many human souls that under very specific circumstances become literal Spirits of Vengeances, spirits who are linked to Medalions of Power, and that posses their descendants to tranform them into Ghost Rider-like forms, destined to punish those who would prey upon the innocent. There was a Spirit of Vengeance attachted to the Kale bloodline named Nobel Kale, and Johnny Blaze was destined to be this generation's host. His mother, Naomi Kale, left Johnny in his father, and tried to weave spells and make deals with various dark powers to prevent Johnny from becoming the Ghost Rider. One of the entities was Mephisto, and being the nice guy Meph is he prevented Johnny from being possessed by Noble Kale by bonding Blaze with the demon Zarathos, making Johnny "a" Ghost Rider just to spite Naomi. But this interuption in the original family "curse" caused John's destiny to fall to Daniel, the younger brother, something that had never happened before. Usually if something happened to the eldest child, the curse skipped another generation, so thanks again Meph. So Danny was possessed by Nobel, and became the Spirit of Vengeance, the "second" Ghost Rider.

Which is a long way of saying Zarathos is not connected to the Spirits of Vengance, except in visual similarity. And that when he remerged with Blaze, Zarathos adopted several of the attacks and methods of the Danny/Nobel Ghost Rider.

Danny and Nobel eventually separated and Nobel has not been seen again. The blue flamed GR is Danny having been gifted a different Spirit of Vengeance by a rouge angel in a convoluted plot to kill God. Didn't work out too well for the angel, but in the end Danny got to keep his SoV powers... I think.

And for the record I always though "Nobel" was a really dumb name for Danny's original SoV, but that's another gripe entirely.

Boy I hope that helps.

Main reason I did not vote for Mojo or Strucker is my personal feeling Marvel minimates are very villain top heavy: we have a lot of masterminds, not a lot of hench-villains. So Wrecker got the vote, he represents more of the kind of villain I want. 10 years in and we still can't put together a decent Brotherhood line-up and that's a shame.

I feel very much the same. There's so many fun, colorful villains in the MU, and it's a shame we haven't seen more of them as Minimates (or any toy line, really). We've gotten a few (Shocker, Spymaster, Stilt-Man... apparently, they only have the S volume of the Marvel Handbook at the DST offices :biggrin:), but not enough. And, knowing that Zach's also a big fan of these kinds of villains, I was surprised that we didn't see more in the poll.

1339292171[/url]' post='231255']

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrb!!!!!!!

That would be awesome. But... Minimate head with an eyeball tampo, or mysterio type eyeball head?

I should say it would almost HAVE to be spherical, though an all white "standard" head with a pupil tampo might be amusing, too.

Eh, pack in both versions for different preferences.

Ten Spidey, 14 Iron men, 10 caps and 12 Thors 4 different Psylockes.

Psylocke has the greatest agent of all time as I really can't think of a single standard 616 look she's had that's gone unmade. She's technically beating Rogue at the moment depending on how you want to count the original Rogue 'mate, Legacy and AoA versions for canon looks. Either way, she's outdoing Gambit no matter how you choose to count him, though he's basically only had one look ever.

This was the easiest first choice I've ever had; I've been waiting 50 waves for Zemo and here he is at last so there was no way I'd not pick him. Make it happen guys.

My second pick took some thinking as I was torn between what'd make a unique minimate and which ones were characters I actually really want more than the others.

I'm happy for the people who want Vengeance, as there's a dearth of Ghost Rider related characters, but I've never read anything with him in it to endear me to a design I kind of find a little too 90's. Still, good for GR villains being on the table, somehow, somewhere. Admittedly I'm bamboozled how people could call Songbird obscure when Vengeance probably has half the appearances she's had though.

Apocalypse having a redo seems like a decent idea though I'm fine with the one we've got right now. I wouldn't protest if this happened in a later wave, possibly with a more modern Cable, but not at the expense of other X baddies who haven't gotten their shot yet.

Onslaught would make for a cool minimate and I'm glad that we're looking at the phase I version and not the Onslaught: Marvel Universe look that made it into Marvel Legends. People may hate the story but it's not beyond terrible in the way some other crossovers I know of that are actually liked. As for relevance creeping away from him, Nimrod was made and I can't remember if he's appeared anywhere since becoming Bastion.

It's cool to see that DST is ready to tackle Mojo if he makes it but I'm more interested in seeing how he'd be done than I am invested in actually getting the character. I really think if you're an X-villain that appeared on the 90's cartoon or at least featured in a short storyline centered around fighting just you, than you're probably in at some point; because of that, I'm in no rush as Mojo seems more likely than Gladiator even though the latter's probably appeared more overall.

Strucker's a big want for me but something was holding me back. I'm not sure what but I hope he gets represented enough that he isn't swept under the rug quite yet. He'd be a natural fit for a possible SHIELD based wave if that happens to celebrate the possibly-in-the-works Nick Fury movie.

Hulk needs bad guys and Abomination could use a second pass since the previous version is officially dinky next to the recent Hulk's we've gotten. I don't want him at the expense of an unmade character though and Hulk's reignited popularity from The Avengers makes a possible wave based around him likely in the next year or two that could easily include Abomination (even if he's a variant). If he does make it in though: an extra melty head would be fun.

I eventually ended up picking Wrecker since it's time to get that ball rolling already. He may be a little basic, and there's no promise we'll get the rest of the crew anytime soon, but even if he doesn't make it I want DST to know there's interest in him and his cohorts. Besides, Wrecker was around for almost a decade before the rest of the crew popped up and we're sadly lacking in Thor villains, even the more recognizable ones.

I hope that a new Absorbing Man with interchangeable pieces is on the table soon since I think he's more in need of a second pass than Apocalypse. The old one still holds up though his non-pegged feet kind of date him and he'd be a fun character to experiment with multiple parts. Besides all that, he fills in a valuable qualifier for both Hulk and Thor villains...

Another great week from a great poll! Honestly, I hope the army builders can catch my attention enough to make me want to forget about a 2nd (or 3rd) choice from the supporting/villain categories. As much as I'd like a Mandroid and whatnot, I'm more patient for troops than I am for unique characters.

Morbius and Blackheart are kind of Friends of Ghost Rider. Just saying....

Yes, yes they are. Not saying, just saying.

I don't really recognize any of the supporting characters on GR's Wiki page, but I vote for Doghead, because he's got a dog head.

Blaze had a few recurring villains like Water Wizard (now known as Aquaduct), and Witch Woman, but lacked a regular recurring rouges gallery. Ketch had a larger group of recurring characters, best known would be Marvel's version of the Scarecrow (evil contortionist who normally harassed Cap), and Vengeance, who didn't just look like an exagerated version of Ghost Rider a-la-Venom-to-Spidey, but who also became popular enough that he became an allie of GR and Blaze instead of an enemy. Other character I remember liking were the telepathic Ninja master Death Watch, the vampire-like Blackout, and Suicide.

Don't mean to change the subject but I just want to put this out there. If Banshee does get the minimate treatment, please let him have a collar. Don't make the same mistake Hasbro did with the Marvel Legends Banshee. He had no collar and it really bugged me.

BANSHEE_x_man_050211.jpg

See the collar above, it's very prominent.

HML01Banshee.jpg

See marvel legend above, no collar and his hair isn't red the way it should be.

Just sayin!

Main reason I did not vote for Mojo or Strucker is my personal feeling Marvel minimates are very villain top heavy: we have a lot of masterminds, not a lot of hench-villains. So Wrecker got the vote, he represents more of the kind of villain I want. 10 years in and we still can't put together a decent Brotherhood line-up and that's a shame.

I feel very much the same. There's so many fun, colorful villains in the MU, and it's a shame we haven't seen more of them as Minimates (or any toy line, really). We've gotten a few (Shocker, Spymaster, Stilt-Man... apparently, they only have the S volume of the Marvel Handbook at the DST offices :biggrin:), but not enough. And, knowing that Zach's also a big fan of these kinds of villains, I was surprised that we didn't see more in the poll.

I went by the "most wanted" poll to start with, but then I padded it out with other major villains. It just seemed like there were so many unmade big guys, and it was hard to pick C-listers that had a sizable fan base. But I do regret not putting Orca, Ghost, Graviton, Master Pandemonium or Whirlwind on there INSTEAD of Abomination/Apocalypse. I should have balanced it more. My bad.

I don't really recognize any of the supporting characters on GR's Wiki page, but I vote for Doghead, because he's got a dog head.

Blaze had a few recurring villains like Water Wizard (now known as Aquaduct), and Witch Woman, but lacked a regular recurring rouges gallery. Ketch had a larger group of recurring characters, best known would be Marvel's version of the Scarecrow (evil contortionist who normally harassed Cap), and Vengeance, who didn't just look like an exagerated version of Ghost Rider a-la-Venom-to-Spidey, but who also became popular enough that he became an allie of GR and Blaze instead of an enemy. Other character I remember liking were the telepathic Ninja master Death Watch, the vampire-like Blackout, and Suicide.

Yes but how many of those had dog heads?

I completely forgot about the Marvel.com poll. Yay for Onslaught being a choice! That's my biggest minimate want ever, if done well. But Holocaust gives me reason to believe that DST can pull it off. Man, going from years ago asking Chuck at SDCC if they ever considered Onslaught (said no) to now. But I won't keep my hopes up. We'll see what happens and I'm happy that DST decided to go through with this.

Yes, BHM. I voted for Falcon. :thumbsup:

I went by the "most wanted" poll to start with, but then I padded it out with other major villains. It just seemed like there were so many unmade big guys, and it was hard to pick C-listers that had a sizable fan base. But I do regret not putting Orca, Ghost, Graviton, Master Pandemonium or Whirlwind on there INSTEAD of Abomination/Apocalypse. I should have balanced it more. My bad.

Whoa, Master Pandemonium? That'd be nuttyto see though I'd feel guilty not voting for him as there's simply no other way he'd make it in even if I don't feel strongly about the character. The others I can see happening (especially since IM 3 is next summer and a comic themed wave could fit most of these guys) but I think MP is too out there to cut it and would have drawn my attention but not my passion.

BTW, if Ghost is considered for a future wave, I hope he's the variant; I have no idea what most people prefer but I like the classic look myself.

For the record, if there is one, Whirlwind should be an easy pick for DST in the future. He...

...is a Master of Evil

...has been a toy before, in the old ToyBiz Iron Man line

...seems likely to be a toy again in the current Marvel Universe line, if rumors are to be trusted

...has appeared prominently in the "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" cartoon

...was in that awesome side-scrolling "Avengers" button-mashing game from the 80s

So OK, granted, that last one is perhaps a less compelling argument, but I have fond memories of that game. :ironmanclassicgold:

For the record, if there is one, Whirlwind should be an easy pick for DST in the future. He...

...is a Master of Evil

...has been a toy before, in the old ToyBiz Iron Man line

...seems likely to be a toy again in the current Marvel Universe line, if rumors are to be trusted

...has appeared prominently in the "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" cartoon

...was in that awesome side-scrolling "Avengers" button-mashing game from the 80s

So OK, granted, that last one is perhaps a less compelling argument, but I have fond memories of that game. :ironmanclassicgold:

HAHA, That is one of the reasons I actually want Whirlwind (also the 90's Iron Man cartoon). I think my thumbs still have blisters from that game.