• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For A-listers, I really like this list. And with more obscure variants like those, I'm really looking forward to the other polls!

In the end I went with GR and Hydro Iron Man. GR, because I really think they can do a great GR with the current sculpted parts. And Hydro Armor, because that will be a great armor and great custom fodder. I think with the recent bulked up parts, we'll sooner or later see a Grey Hulk anyway. Spidey and Wolvie are no goes if you're an MMMV member. 2020 IM? Too unspectacular. WolvieCap? Well, I was tempted, but I fear they'd use a Universal Monster Werewolf head for him. Mutated Ben? I don't think so. His looks don't blow me away and I don't know him like that at all.

I voted for Hulk and Wolverine... here's why...

Hulk: He's the only figure on this list I actually WANT want. Not that I have no interest in the others, and won't buy them, but I could just as easily get by without them. That said, I'm a guy who's really anal about consistency, and while we have a Grey Hulk, he hasn't seen an Update since the first year of this line (unless you count Ultimate, which I don't)... We have a Bulked up Green Hulk (several), we have a Bulked up Red Hulk... and we have this puny Grey Hulk that can't really stand up to or be displayed with either of them. I would LOVE a Grey Hulk to match... my only humble request is that if he has a tattered shirt (as in the picture) that he also come with a bare chested piece... so my three colors of bare-chested bulked-up hulk can be displayed side-by-side with consistency... which again, I am anal about, lol...

Wolverine: As I said, I don't really NEED any of these looks... but as an X-Men fan, this is the one I'm most familiar with. Forgive me, but before today, I've never even seen Extra-Rocky Thing or Werewolf Cap. Both Iron Men seem to be more tertiary armors I don't feel are necessary and have never seen (Stealth and Hulkbuster are about as far as I care to go). Cyborg Spidey at least looks familiar... though I don't know why. Never read anything with him. Ghost Rider... I believe is a relatively new version? I haven't read comics for a few years, so I'm not familiar with him. But if he's an update on Ketch I can see why he's getting votes... He'd probably be my 3rd choice. But anyway... all that said, yeah. As an X-Men guy, the semi-obscure Wolverine variant is just more familiar to me than the semi-obscure variants of everyone else, lol... I'll note however, if we get him... it WOULD be pretty awesome to get a Maverick, Silver Fox & a Team X Sabretooth. Team X Sabretooth would actually be a pretty good choice for Wolverine's variant. Similar parts... obscure enough that people wouldn't mind it being shortpacked. And then Maverick and Silver Fox could be a TRU 2-Pack! :D

It's funny that I (we) care the least about the A-Listers. I think Classic Punisher should've made the vote over one of the Iron Mans. If the Thing is A-List, Punisher should be also. GR aside,this category could've easily be called, "Costumes Nobody Cares About".

I am so burned out on the same characters over and over and over. The "rule" about having 2 A-Listers is BS, how do you know a 2 pack of 2 new characters wouldn't sell more if you don't try. Packs like the TRU exclusives with Warpath/Angel and Bullseye/Moonstone are some of the most sought after packs. I also don't believe a wave has to have a theme at all, it doesn't matter, just make new characters; give the people what they want. I think most of these choices could've been saved for another time, for instance if there's another Best of Wave, mix in these costumes.

Quit Blue Ballin' us!

Fwoosh ain't got shit on me.

I am so burned out on the same characters over and over and over. The "rule" about having 2 A-Listers is BS, how do you know a 2 pack of 2 new characters wouldn't sell more if you don't try. Packs like the TRU exclusives with Warpath/Angel and Bullseye/Moonstone are some of the most sought after packs. I also don't believe a wave has to have a theme at all, it doesn't matter, just make new characters; give the people what they want. I think most of these choices could've been saved for another time, for instance if there's another Best of Wave, mix in these costumes.

Quit Blue Ballin' us!

I think the Warpath/Angel and Bullseye/Moonstone packs are sought after because they're under-packed, not necessarily because they're wanted by everyone. Imagine if they had been like 4 to a case, instead of the 2 or 1 they were. Would they have warmed shelves? I think DST knows what they're doing - they're on wave 50, and still continually pump out new stuff mixed in with the big 5, and if getting a new Spider-Man in a wave means we get Sin Eater, Jean de Wolff, J Jonah Jameson, Aunt May, and the Shield Agent, then fine. Give me a new Spider-Man, who also just happens to be a figure of a loved costume without the slip-mask that many people don't seem to like.

There MUST be something to the whole "big 5" thing if most companies have some variation of it. It's why Star Wars keeps pumping out the Lukes, Yodas, Darths, Anakins, Obi Wans, and GI Joe has so many Snake Eyes, and blah blah blah. At least DST does comic-accurate figures, and not "Neon Blue Samurai Armor Spider-Man with Kung-Fu Grip"! No, they let us vote on CYBORG SPIDERMAN or WEREWOLF CAP! I think that's awesome.

I went with GR and Savage Hulk. I would have preferred control art to base my choices on but they are the ones that stand out for me.

Sorry, making 32 pieces of control art for this wave was just not feasible with our artist's current (constant) workload. And if something ends up getting 0% of the vote, that's a pretty good indicator that we should probably never make him.

It's funny that I (we) care the least about the A-Listers. I think Classic Punisher should've made the vote over one of the Iron Mans. If the Thing is A-List, Punisher should be also. GR aside,this category could've easily be called, "Costumes Nobody Cares About".

Quit Blue Ballin' us!

Fwoosh ain't got shit on me.

Starting to think I should have started with one of the other categories, and finished with this one. Not sure if that would have gotten us more press or less. Probably less. Would have silenced any and all complaints, though. Ah well, there's one in every barrel.

1. First appearance Punisher should be out next month. Pretty close to classic.

2. The Best of Wave was meant to be the most popular, recognizable versions of those characters. So that's where you'd see a Classic Punisher, if we do a second wave.

3. Those TRU Exclusives MAY be popular -- I think it's due to rarity more than anything else -- but not all of them are. Mr. Negative and Fantomex are lingering at retail, as are Blink and Sabretooth.

4. Not every wave has a theme. TRU 13 has no theme. TRU 14 has no theme. TRU 15 has no theme, but it partially ties in to Wave 48, which does have a theme.

5. Sounds like plenty of people care about these costumes, and I chose interesting versions to make them as appetizing to collectors who have a dozen Hulks and Caps already as possible.

If you don't like this category, don't vote on it, and don't buy them. If you like the next category, great.

Are you saying someone's getting 0% of the vote? That would be remarkably surprising to me. You probably aren't saying that, just planning for it in case it did, which I understand.

Wave 48 has a theme you say? Interesting...

Edited by The Geohound

Are you saying someone's getting 0% of the vote? That would be remarkably surprising to me. You probably aren't saying that, just planning for it in case it did, which I understand.

This round, no zeroes. Next poll, doubtful. Everyone in there has a number-one fan. Poll #3... maybe. But everybody on there has been asked for here at one time or another. Poll #4, it's entirely possible. We picked some obscure army-builders.

Regardless, that's a lot of art to create for a poll this size. Even if we knew we were eventually going to make all of them.

1337879538[/url]' post='227686']
1337878501[/url]' post='227683']

This round, no zeroes. Next poll, doubtful. Everyone in there has a number-one fan. Poll #3... maybe. But everybody on there has been asked for here at one time or another. Poll #4, it's entirely possible. We picked some obscure army-builders.

Regardless, that's a lot of art to create for a poll this size. Even if we knew we were eventually going to make all of them.

Yes, that is a whole crapload of art. I couldn't manage it in time for a poll like this. Hell, I don't think I could pull that off in few months. I should really do more.

I, for sure wanted to see the other poll categories before this one. And sorry for criticising, but you should know it comes with the territory. We all suck from the DSTeet and stand in line like good little soldiers, buying and rebuying, and buying multiple copies. Don't give me flack for voicing an opinion, save it for the fwoosh dooshes.

I'm not surprised the AOA mates aren't selling out, Jeff can only buy so many. Maybe an alternate timeline wasn't the best use of characters at the time. Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the marketer.

Maybe I shouldn't buy them or vote? ah, the insecure-baby argument. but ya gotta understand blah blah blah,

I'm an American Consumer, I don't have to understand nothin'

At the end of the day, these are just toys, and hopefully you guys understand I do what I do in jest, but it is also necessary. Without it, every wave could become the same couple characters in different halloween costumes.

this is a free country, this isn't North Korea, so chill out and try and have some fun

Chilled as a mountain lake.

You on the other hand, Wook, are lookin' about four color crazy. Mayhap a ritalin? A glass of red wine? Any adult beverage of your choice? (I can suggest some excellent anti-depressants) Just a suggestion.

just tryin to bring a lil excitement to a boring thursday. i am proud to be crazy. again,anyone offended is an idiot, ahhhhh the words... they're gonna get me!

The Shi-ar don't take handouts, when Gladiator comes, he will know what is what.

miry good advice, anti-depressants and Alcohol down the hatch {glug,glug}