Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shoe_zps92bf189a.jpg

Damn Zach, you're too fast. :lol:

Who throws a shoe? Honestly!

I have not seen Ka-Zar in any Marvel Now imagery. But Shanna fights Wolverine in the new Wolverine book. And this is a Marvel Now assortment. So...

We've been going about this completely the wrong way! We need to complain to Marvel to write characters into the books, then DST will make toys of them. There, problem solved! :highfive2:

Hasn't worked for the Falcon.:confused:

I think I was the one that raised Ka-Zar and Zabu, so I'm sorry to hear my prediction is wrong (again).

I have not seen Ka-Zar in any Marvel Now imagery. But Shanna fights Wolverine in the new Wolverine book. And this is a Marvel Now assortment. So...

True, but the TRU waves are generally a combination of supporting characters from various themes or stories, unless I missed a story where Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate Captain America teamed up with Box & Vindicator to fight Iron Man and the Rhino. :thumbsup:

True. I guess I forgot the TRU assortment is only 75% Marvel Now. Two are not.

So, I'm just getting to this thread, and apologies if this has already been discussed, but do we know if the bulky SHIELD guy will have the tampos and accessories to allow for a regular SHIELD guy when the gear is removed?

I was definitely pleasantly suprised by this wave. More SHIELD agents! Female SHIELD Agent! Shanna and Sauron! Heck, even the Superior Spider-Man design(of which I am not a fan) looks pretty cool as a minimate. If you'd told me a week ago I'd be really looking forward to the Marvel NOW! wave, I'd have told you to get out.

I'm not up-to-date on comics, so when I heard Marvel NOW wave I thought "I don't know what that is, I guess I'll be skipping a wave". So, I'm really happy with this wave. I recognize all those figures. Very cool to see Sauron and Maria Hill.

Edited by Zombie Shakespeare

True. I guess I forgot the TRU assortment is only 75% Marvel Now. Two are not.

I'm excited to the 2 who aren't Marvel Now. Chances are it fills in a roster we've already started somewhere, and I love those type of sets!

Phoenix Five Colossus and Emma?... We know they were already prototyped.

Missed out on all the "alternative venue" chatter about this wave last week sadly but just wanna say I'm generally pretty impressed by the line-up! I wasn't too excited to hear it was Marvel Now! as I prefer characters in their classic looks generally but it's nice to see some fairly unexpected character choices in an LCS wave like this. I really expected the latest versions of the ususal heavy hitters tbh so to get sauron, shanna and maria hill in particular was a great surprise! Also good to hear about the steve rogers parts with nfj as it pretty much gives us 2 figures in one! :thumbsup: Let's hope we get sharon carter parts with maria hill too... :whistling:

Who throws a shoe? Honestly!

Well my court appointed therapist tells me that my previous habit of throws bricks, rocks, and/or hammers is a destructive and negative way of expressing my disappointment. We're hoping with continued therapy to have me scaled down to just swearing like the rest of my internet-inspire-false-sense-of-entitlement-and-importance generation at life's little set-backs. But until that day, we've scaled back to shoes... and boomerang fish. But their currently out of season. So you get the shoe. Maybe. Depends how many more times you refer to my internet home away from home as

a wretched hive of speculation and wish-listing.
Not sayin', just sayin'.

And I have to believe you guys knew that after the HOLY FRAK, IT"S SHANNA THE SHE-DEVIL reaction was over, that the questions about Ka-zar and Zabu would follow, and that "Sorry, we have no current plans" was going to go over like austerity measures in EU.

Helluva wave though.

SHIELD agent comes with standard SHIELD gear and a jet pack.

NFJ comes with Steve Rogers parts.

Maria Hill will once again be playing hard-to-get, sorry.

Can we get a "standard" female torso block, too/instead? Please?

Disregard my post in the Wave 50 thread, sorry. Or, thanks. :thumbsup:

Confirms the need for at least two full sets. Maybe more.

Edited by Onyx_6

Getting an Extra Female Shield Agent Torso would be sweet. Is there anyway to make the Heavy Shield Army Builder to have the Female Torso on the backside as an alternate?

Any explanation why another Nova so soon? Why not space it out a wave or two? I understand it's a different character, but fill the slot with someone new.

Also, Do waves really need to be themed completely? Can't a wave be mostly Marvel Now and maybe one pack has 2 different characters.

SHIELD agent comes with standard SHIELD gear and a jet pack.

NFJ comes with Steve Rogers parts.

EEEEP YES. Zach, thank everyone at the team for that. Just he and Winter Soldier left for my biggest Minimate wants!! :lol::thumbsup: (Well, and Dark Phoenix/White Queen redos, but i digress)

Good to have more SHIELD Agents too! They need to be recycled every few waves or so, best army builder of them all. It's kind of sad to see Maria the variant again, but really the most notable female agents are her and Sharon so we would really only *need* two anyway.

So you get the shoe. Maybe. Depends how many more times you refer to my internet home away from home as

Not sayin', just sayin'.

That's just a Star Wars quote, Miry. You should check it out. It's like Marvel Comics, kinda. :thumbsup: I think most true nerds would be happy to hear their home away from home compared to Mos Eisley, but I promise that I meant it in the most positive way possible. I actually like it here better than at MMHQ. Those guys can be pretty harsh. Unless they're just you guys using different names. :unsure: Then I love you both!

And I have to believe you guys knew that after the HOLY FRAK, IT"S SHANNA THE SHE-DEVIL reaction was over, that the questions about Ka-zar and Zabu would follow, and that "Sorry, we have no current plans" was going to go over like austerity measures in EU.

I don't think anyone ever expects ANYBODY to have questions about Ka-Zar and Zabu. Ever.

Can we get a "standard" female torso block, too/instead? Please?

Too late, painted samples in hand.

Getting an Extra Female Shield Agent Torso would be sweet. Is there anyway to make the Heavy Shield Army Builder to have the Female Torso on the backside as an alternate?

No, because then all of the SHIELD agents would have back breasts or back pecs. Also, female SHIELD agents have different holsters, so you'd need extra parts to make it work anyway.

Any explanation why another Nova so soon? Why not space it out a wave or two? I understand it's a different character, but fill the slot with someone new.

We wanted to complete the Nova Corps team? :mellow: The Corpsman was a fan choice, but Sam A. is a player in Marvel Now (and AvX). Basically, Nova is really hot right now, no pun intended.

Also, Do waves really need to be themed completely? Can't a wave be mostly Marvel Now and maybe one pack has 2 different characters.

We did that! There'll be a non-Now two pack in TRU 16, kinda like how Series 15 will have a non-FF set or two. If you just meant specialty, five figures out of seven does not really a theme make.

No, because then all of the SHIELD agents would have back breasts or back pecs. Also, female SHIELD agents have different holsters, so you'd need extra parts to make it work anyway.

Besides, then all our other minimates will be trying to slow dance with them, and they'd never get any fighting done! :biggrin:

Simple answer: yes. It's an easier sell to comic book stores (not the customers, but the guys that do the ordering) if waves have themes. Who knows why.

So you get the shoe. Maybe. Depends how many more times you refer to my internet home away from home as

Not sayin', just sayin'.

That's just a Star Wars quote, Miry. You should check it out. It's like Marvel Comics, kinda. :thumbsup: I think most true nerds would be happy to hear their home away from home compared to Mos Eisley, but I promise that I meant it in the most positive way possible.

Ooooh... I think Marvel had a comic book about that didn't they? The one with the green rabbit-man?:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone ever expects ANYBODY to have questions about Ka-Zar and Zabu. Ever.

Well then SURPRISE!!! Cause I have a feeling you're going to be sick of hearing about them at your next comics con.

Edited by Mirymate