UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

Short answer for those too lazy to follow the link is that the Agents of Atlas are a collection of Marvel characters from the late GA repackaged for modern times. Thus the group has a cool 50's kitch to it. Currently the group consists of Jimmy Woo, Gorilla Man, Human Robot, Marvel Boy, Venus, and Namora. Replace Woo and Namora with 3D Man and you have the 50's Avengers from a back in the day What If...?.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mimes.

Right?

And yet we've had other threads that have gone off course for Longer!

OK folks, lets try and bring this one back on track... this thread is for the discussion of marvel wave 49 which we've been lead to believe is going to be a marvel NOW! Wave (or 51 which would probably make it a 'BACK THEN!' wave !).

T.

Wait... Did we just informally end the Civil War, uniting in the short term goal of the Squadron Supreme for wave 52?

Cause that's a cause I could get obnoxiously behind.

I think it's more of a cease-fire while we wait for the wave 52 announcement.

I, Turtle, herein will be referred to as CEASE-FIRER. Cease-firer will unilaterally bring up neither Gideon nor Guido nor X-Factor, herein referred to as SAID CHARACTERS until wave 52 is announced. Cease-firer however reserves the right to defend said characters should someone insult, malign, slander, or otherwise do harm to the good names of said characters. Cease-firer further reserves the right to continue to support said characters in the event that another board member expresses interest in said characters, provided that cease-firer shall also include the following phrase in any declaration of support for said characters: "I mean, we're talking about after wave 52/Squadron Supreme, right?" Cease-firer further agrees that he/she shall not insult, malign, slander of otherwise do harm to the (questionably) good names of characters whose supporter(s) have also agreed to engage in this agreement of cease-fire. In the event that the Squadron Supreme is announced as Wave 52, cease-firer reserves the right to resume full support for said characters or, in the alternative, to permanently withdraw from the Civil War. If any of said characters are announced as Wave 52 or its accompanying TRU wave, cease-firer reserves the right to point at all who did not support said characters and taunt them, if appropriate, with a limerick.

Did anyone sign this contract?

Mimes.

Right?

And yet we've had other threads that have gone off course for Longer!

OK folks, lets try and bring this one back on track... this thread is for the discussion of marvel wave 49 which we've been lead to believe is going to be a marvel NOW! Wave (or 51 which would probably make it a 'BACK THEN!' wave !).

T.

You're going to kick yourself when Wave 49 is announced as Squadron Supreme vs. Agents of Atlas.

It is hard to talk about 49 until we know if its IM3 or Marvel "hey we can rename and renumber all our books too, new costumes all around, but without resetting 80% of our continuity" Now. Guess it time for a wave 52 rampant speculation.

You're going to kick yourself when Wave 49 is announced as Squadron Supreme vs. Agents of Atlas.

Tell you what if 49 is SS vs AA then I'll Physically kick myself and have someone video it for your entertainment! :pinch:

Guess it time for a wave 52 rampant speculation.

Not a bad idea, feel free to make a new thread! :thumbsup:

Just trying to keep this place semi-orderly, one day (wave 684) when we do get that SS vs AA set you'll want to find these posts and have no idea where to find them because they are in a totally random place!

T.

Okay... So 49 is Marvel Now, does that make 51 the IM3 wave?

It's actually looking like they will trade places. Making this thread due for a name change.

I was serious. 49 is IM3. 49 and 50 will solicit next month.

The perfect xmas gift, a preview in previews :)

Wow! Sooooo - are we going to get to see some IM3 designs shortly?

Sure. The gold armor we all know, the patriotic armor, the mandarin, and a bunch of blacked out silhouettes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Should we rename this wave 51?

Maybe we need an addendum to the title of the thread:

Marvel Wave 49: Marvel NOW! 51

:P