UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

I'm kinda worried about the future of the comics tie-in waves, considering how much the Thor/Cap wave seems to be hanging around. Anyway, if IM3 is wave 49, and Now's wave 51, that would mean we wouldn't have an Iron Man comics wave until 52. I don't see that happening.

Hopefully that'll be seen more as 'too many Thors' than 'Comic Tie-ins are bad'. I know that it was a while ago now, but the Comic Wolverine wave that came out around the film did pretty well, didn't it? Admittedly, it had quite a few previously unreleased characters in it.

What has the most recent Avengers comic stock been like? Have Wave 44 or the the Kang & Reaper box-sets been peg-warming much?

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, anyone else think that wave 52 is the perfect spot for the Squadron Supreme?;)

Absolutely perfect spot for it.

And I kinda thought 49 would wind up IM3 when word came down that 50 was summer. Thanks for the update, Zach.

i would buy this based on principle, then another set because i love the characters

So

49 - Iron Man 3

50 - Fan Wave

51 - Now

52 - ?

53 - Thor 2

54 - ?

55 - Captain America 2

56 - Spider-Man 2

57 - Guardians of the Galaxy

And there's an X-Men sequel that summer that may get a wave

If I'm extrapolating release dates right we won't be getting too many comic waves in the next two years

That would be my choice. I much prefer the comic waves to the movie waves and I always feel like there are relatively few new characters in movie waves once you've had one for a particular character. For example, having had 2 iron man movie waves plus an iron man in the avengers movie wave, I'm not expecting more than a couple of figures to excite me in an iron man 3 wave, though of course I may be wrong when I see them! ;) On the other hand, movie tie-in comic waves like wave 36 or TRU12 are much more what I like to see. I think as long as they contain new characters like wave 36 as opposed to many versions of the same character they should do well. I certainly hope to get a proper full wave containing new characters to go with both thor 2 and captain america 2 as they are a bit more spaced out in their release dates this time.

Wait... Did we just informally end the Civil War, uniting in the short term goal of the Squadron Supreme for wave 52?

Cause that's a cause I could get obnoxiously behind.

Hey man, go read Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme book and tell me if you think they're just a novelty team. I'd say Nextwave scores MUCH higher on the novelty scale then the Squadron.

Here's my projected wave, BTW:

Hyperion/Power Princess

Spectrum/ Whizzer

Nighthawk/Sons of Serpent

Defenders Nighthawk/Sons of Serpent (variant)

I know that the SoS don't really have any connection to the Squadron, but you tell me an army builder that does. But they did fight Defenders Nighthawk, which is why he's the variant. And I know... I KNOW... wasting Defenders Nighthawk on a variant spot.... just preorder the set!

I'm all for uniting behind the Squadron, though personally I consider the Civil War over, since someone (Undeadpool, right?) had Zemo, and Zemo's getting made. And I made a Rocket Raccoon custom a few months ago, so I've been meaning to dump my banner anyway. Someone with some skills want to make one?

Wait... Did we just informally end the Civil War, uniting in the short term goal of the Squadron Supreme for wave 52?

Cause that's a cause I could get obnoxiously behind.

I think it's more of a cease-fire while we wait for the wave 52 announcement.

I, Turtle, herein will be referred to as CEASE-FIRER. Cease-firer will unilaterally bring up neither Gideon nor Guido nor X-Factor, herein referred to as SAID CHARACTERS until wave 52 is announced. Cease-firer however reserves the right to defend said characters should someone insult, malign, slander, or otherwise do harm to the good names of said characters. Cease-firer further reserves the right to continue to support said characters in the event that another board member expresses interest in said characters, provided that cease-firer shall also include the following phrase in any declaration of support for said characters: "I mean, we're talking about after wave 52/Squadron Supreme, right?" Cease-firer further agrees that he/she shall not insult, malign, slander of otherwise do harm to the (questionably) good names of characters whose supporter(s) have also agreed to engage in this agreement of cease-fire. In the event that the Squadron Supreme is announced as Wave 52, cease-firer reserves the right to resume full support for said characters or, in the alternative, to permanently withdraw from the Civil War. If any of said characters are announced as Wave 52 or its accompanying TRU wave, cease-firer reserves the right to point at all who did not support said characters and taunt them, if appropriate, with a limerick.

Squadron Supreme? Really?

Clearly you haven't read Gru's twelve issue masterpiece recently.

Can you think of a more appropriate spot for the Squadron than wave 52?

I agree to your formal terms, Turtle.

(As an aside, Nextwave is bordering on being written out of 616 continuity as an alt. reality tale. They've already hinted strongly that 616 Cap'n Monica was never a member, that is was an Earth A tourist in her place. (thank you Dan Slott for that continuity sparing concept.))

So are the Redacted going to be in the IM3 wave? ;) IM3 doesn't seem to have any spoilerish characters that they are keeping under wraps, or maybe they are doing a good job keeping a secret.

Edited by Zylek

If this movie follows the pattern of the first two, we will see two to three brand new Iron Man armors before it's all said and done. And that's not counting whatever the newest WarMac will be, (replacing the one that will be repainted as "Iron Partriot" and reassigned a new tool pilot) and the rumor that "Rescue" will be appering in this movie as well. Plenty of designs to remain hidden. They kept the "Cobalt Dynamo" so secret, no one even got toys made in time.

Real question is, will we finally get E-199999 SHIELD agents as army builders, or Ten Rings terrorists?

Squadron Supreme? Really? Before the rest of the Inhumans, or Agents of Atlas, or, I don't know, Nextwave? Is this really the novelty joke team who's never getting made we want to throw our collective chips on?

Just asking.

AND before Gideon?????? I don't think so!

http://marvel.com/universe/Agents_of_Atlas

I also really want Minimates of these guys. Seriously, one of my favorite books of the last ten years. You can find the trades for reasonable prices these days. Atlas, by the way, was the name Martin Goodman's publishing house was known by between Timely and Marvel, so these would be characters from that period.