UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

How about I just make you one? I still have the decal design and I do have a spare Wolfsbane hairpiece.

I've been in a customizing slump for a few months, so that might help me get back in the game for Charitymates and the Battle Beast contest (just entering for fun).

Have you made any customs?

You magnificent youbastards... That would be above and beyond, sir. I would owe you favors.

I have only made customs for work. I made the pirate Marvel characters for one of my earliest DST blog posts:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/05/pirate-week-day-4-make-mine-marrrrrrvel/

And I made the civilians in the latest MAX episode:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2012/02/new-york-toy-fair-round-up-mobile-action-xtreme/

BUT when we did the Marvel Minimates photo price guide for ToyFare magazine, I put together the custom Thor that we showed on the last page to show how you could ALMOST make one using existing parts. I don't think that exists anywhere online. Anyone want me to scan it in? It's photos of everything that had been released in the Marvel line up to February 2004. Shot by me, or possibly our photographer under my direction.

You magnificent youbastards... That would be above and beyond, sir. I would owe you favors.

Anyone want me to scan it in? It's photos of everything that had been released in the Marvel line up to February 2004. Shot by me, or possibly our photographer under my direction.

Nah, favors aren't necessary. :thumbsup:

Yes, please scan if you have it readily available.

Thanks!

How about I just make you one? I still have the decal design and I do have a spare Wolfsbane hairpiece.

I've been in a customizing slump for a few months, so that might help me get back in the game for Charitymates and the Battle Beast contest (just entering for fun).

Have you made any customs?

The Murdock hair is BRILLIANT! I can give my April O'Neil her hair back AND use an otherwise unused hairpiece.

Soooo excited for these! Excited for everything that's coming this year! And DST hasn't even announced the SDCC exclusives yet! It's been years since I've been so giddy about a toy line! I feel like a kid again! Thank you DST! Thank you Zack & everybody in this community that makes this hobby great!

I have to say, when these two sets were first announced I was disappointing. I wasn't on the Kang bandwagon. If anything, I was on the opposite "Ugh, don't make Kang DST..." bandwagon. Why? Well I had never read a comic that made him out to be the uber-awesome villain everyone says he was and I will admit I'm prone to "Fan abuse kills interest"; the more people were calling out for him, the less I wanted to see him.

HOWEVER, looking at the shots that have been released I have to say I'm tempted. I like how Wave 44 Antman, Iron Man, Cap, Thor and Hulk came out, the Hawkeye update was a much needed improvement and Grim Reaper came out well so I may end up getting these instead of sets from Wave 44. Whether or not I dismantle Kang, throw him into a blender, melt him or keep him for my collection remains to be seen.

I have to say, when these two sets were first announced I was disappointing. I wasn't on the Kang bandwagon. If anything, I was on the opposite "Ugh, don't make Kang DST..." bandwagon. Why? Well I had never read a comic that made him out to be the uber-awesome villain everyone says he was and I will admit I'm prone to "Fan abuse kills interest"; the more people were calling out for him, the less I wanted to see him.

HOWEVER, looking at the shots that have been released I have to say I'm tempted. I like how Wave 44 Antman, Iron Man, Cap, Thor and Hulk came out, the Hawkeye update was a much needed improvement and Grim Reaper came out well so I may end up getting these instead of sets from Wave 44. Whether or not I dismantle Kang, throw him into a blender, melt him or keep him for my collection remains to be seen.

I'll buy him. I want as many extra's as I can get.

Mystery Man - I'll certainly consider it. I will admit that DST did such a good job a Kang-hater like myself likes how he turned out, but it does depend on funds. As a British resident I will be reliant on either Luke's Toy Store or groundhog7s to help me obtain the sets, but at the moment I only buy minimates with the money I make off eBay sales (i.e. so my pay goes towards food, fuel and rent) and at the moment I'm struggling to make any half decent sales; I've even dived into my minimate parts box to see if there's anyone I can sell off in the hopes of making a good £20 off some random dupe everyone wants. With the final Marvel vs Capcom 3 wave, Street Fighter x Capcom and Avengers Movie waves as well as Monster Fighters and the remaining ZX and NRG ninja sets from Lego's Ninjago (I do love the designs) I don't know if I'll be able to afford both box sets, especially when it will no doubt cost me at least $40 to get both, not including shipping and handling to the UK.

Zach, Hulk looks very cool holding those rock pieces, I'm sorry if its been covered but...

Does he come with one or two?

Does the green match w41 Hulk?

I'm not Zach, but zooming in real far on the tray picture looks like it's just one.

I was thinking one could be under the other.

Zach, Hulk looks very cool holding those rock pieces, I'm sorry if its been covered but...

Does he come with one or two?

Does the green match w41 Hulk?

I'm not Zach, but zooming in real far on the tray picture looks like it's just one.

I was thinking one could be under the other.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be swell to get two with each Hulk. :highfive2:

Also curious about the color of dem hands...

Zach, this is going out in the mail for you tomorrow! :thumbsup:

(The grey in the decal and the paint isn't as noticeable in person, my camera accentuates it.)

GAH! That's awesome! You are the king.

Two rocks with Hulk, BTW. Not sure about Hulk color, forgot to compare when I had my packaged sample, but it certainly looked close. WIll try to compare this week.

Two rocks with Hulk, BTW. Not sure about Hulk color, forgot to compare when I had my packaged sample, but it certainly looked close. WIll try to compare this week.

THRILLED I was wrong about that! Shows what I know for trying to answer questions (based on what I perceive). :ermm:

Zooming in on pictures be damned! :yucky:

Edited by Mystery Man