UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

Chaz,whether I said it or not at the time , your designs were, & still are, a revelation . Like a lot of the beautiful stuff that appears here daily ...customs,pics,collections,comic strips etc. ....I (we?)tend to take it all for granted without commenting .

There ain't arf been some clever bastards on these boards & I only wish I was one of them :(

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I can scratch 2 more mates off my list. Grim Reaper even has the crazy smile I designed! Unfortunately, I can't justify buying 2 whole box sets for only 2 minimates! :( I just don't want any more of those particular A-listers (Cap, Thor, IM. Hulk)anymore!

post-2001-0-51423100-1335565869_thumb.jppost-2001-0-42648000-1335565899_thumb.jp

Those are some great designs, Chas! Hope you find some way to get these guys.

midish May IIRC.

gives you a little time to scrounge up $40. Not much mind you, but a little.

Coooooooool!!!

So, no hair for Tony either? S'okay. I got plenty. :thumbsup:

I really hope that Hawkeye mask can be futzed to look better. One of the issues with the first release was that the eye holes didn't match up with his eyes very well. Other than that, they look great!

Edited by karamazov80

I really hope that Hawkeye mask can be futzed to look better. One of the issues with the first release was that the eye holes didn't match up with his eyes very well. Other than that, they look great!

I still prefer having to futz eye hole masks a bit to getting the unfutzable printed ones -- the eyes on that Dark Avengers Hawkeye were waaaay off on mine, worse than the worst Wolverine mask.

That is a ton of accessories in these sets. Revenge of the concrete slab!

do both sets come with the new normal stands? or is it only the one in the grim reaper set?

also does ironman have a face under his helmet?

by the way, these look awesome!!!

There was no second tray in the Kang set, so I'm assuming no basic stand, just the teleportation stand. But Tony needs no hair:

ironhead.jpg

Thanks for the photos sir. I know this is off-topic Zach, but I was looking through an old thread and saw a quote from you about how awesome the AFX and SDCC sets were going to be. Mattel announced what they were offering today, do you know when we'll find out what DST's got in store for us?

Thanks for the photos sir. I know this is off-topic Zach, but I was looking through an old thread and saw a quote from you about how awesome the AFX and SDCC sets were going to be. Mattel announced what they were offering today, do you know when we'll find out what DST's got in store for us?

I know Chuck likes to announce closer to the event, so probably not for another month or so. But I'll see if he'd like to mix it up this year. We have a bunch, and they're all pretty cool. Not all of them are ready yet, though. Maybe he'll let me stagger them out, announce a new one every week. We'll see. I know people like to know what they need to track down.

Dammit Zach!!!!

Those are some of the best quality Minimates i have ever seen....they all look fantastic, even Drunk Hobo Thor. Now i really do want all of them. Great work, because you just sold me on that wave. You should do tray shots more often.

But yea....now they look really nice, with all the accessories seen. Like, wow. :sweat:

EDIT: Hawkeye using Jeremy Renner's hairpiece is so funny. :thumbsup:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

You should do tray shots more often.

You know, one of the biggest pops at the C2E2 panel was when I showed the trays for The Expendables. Granted, that was because the Expendables trays look like Charlton Heston's rec room exploded, but I'll have to do more of them.

I know Chuck likes to announce closer to the event, so probably not for another month or so. But I'll see if he'd like to mix it up this year. We have a bunch, and they're all pretty cool. Not all of them are ready yet, though. Maybe he'll let me stagger them out, announce a new one every week. We'll see. I know people like to know what they need to track down.

Thanks for the info sir. I personally always like when you reveal a set one 'mate at a time, if you guys did one per week that should take us almost to the event depending on the number you guys have planned, but it's all good either way.

some of us need to know how much money to save up and find hook ups

Jeff of the Miniacs

These look absolutely fantastic.

- YES on Cap's shield having a metallic finish. I loved it on the comic Cap from Hasbro's CA:TFA toyline. It just makes it stand it out.

- Hawkeye looks great! A massive improvement over the bulky original.

- Here's hoping the new Hulk hands have the same green color as the Wave 41 Hulk...

- Definitely mixing pieces to get a classic Giant-Man.

- Reaper also looks great. He brings back fond memories of Captain America & The Avengers for the Sega Genesis. :lol:

- KANG. 'Nuff said.

- Cap looks nice as does Iron Man but I'm fine with TTA Cap and Bolt-Face Iron Man.

All in all, I can't wait to get these. :D

Edited by Brad Redfield

Y'know. There's something about the heavy use of photoshop in the production photos that make me uninterested in various Minimate waves. However, as soon as I see the Minimates in-tray/in-box, I'm always excited about every single one. Such is the case here - seeing these guys online in those photos, I was all "meh". But now, in tray... Boy oh boy. That Iron Man is really awesome! And Caps metal shield is sick. Thor is whatever, but Hawkeye, the Grim Reaper, and Kang all make up for him. I really think Thor is the only one in those 8 I'm NOT excited to get now.