UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear about the two rocks thing, since i planned on buying both the 4 pack and the 2 pack, so now i have a lot of options for display's ;)

also, the green of the hulk looks to match the MVC3 hulk, then the only thing that would maybe need changing is the hair. also im pretty sure ive said this, BUT I FREAKING LOVE THESE, hawkeye's arrows are a dream come true, and his bow looks awesome, grim reaper looks like so much fun and i love his scythe, Kang looks amazing, and im excited at all the new sculpting on him, as well as the fact that he gets a head seperate from his head gear, also the blink teleport base is a smart add, and im glad he gets a few guns. im glad i get an excuse to get another pym so i can have him as giant man and as antman, love getting more metallic shields for cap, ironman is an absolute beauty and i dont mind having multiples of that armor, as well as the head underneath, and lastly thor's hammer swing peice is a welcome addition, love getting more of those.

quick question that i cant seem to find the answer to (sorry if this has been asked already or if ive asked this already), but do hawkeye's arrows fit in his quiver?

got to agree, things like the swinging hammer and the Hulk hands w/ rock pieces have really made me less concerned about spending $40 on 3 figures.

and while I may end being another Hulky two-rocks here, I think its safe to assume those arrows are meant for his quiver, much like the movie version. Love the fact this (new?) bow sculpt can still take an arrow as well... absolutely love the new Hawkeye.

Thanks for trying, Mystery Man. But wild speculation is currently reserved for the Alpha Flight box set thread.

No, no. Wild speculation is still allowed in other place, it's only irresponsible wild speculation tha's currently reserved to the Alpha Flight box set thread.

Sorry, Mystery Man. I was just joking. I know you were only trying to help.

And some of Hawkeye's arrows fit in his quiver, but maybe not all five.

It's okay. I didn't think you were being mean or anything.

I guess I've just felt like I've been posting TOO much on here, but with some of my classes ending I'm having a little more freetime, and was afraid I'd come off as trying to be a know-it-all.

It's all hip. :)

Zach, is this how ALL the swirly hammers are going to look, or is MvC3 Thor's different at all? (Like, fully translucent or all solid?)

The more i look at these the more excited i get. Packed with accessories, three stellar characters, and a few retreads that didn't turn out that bad at all. (Really like the bright colors and contrast in the sets too) Fantastic; can't wait for the Kangvasion to begin.

boxes.jpg

trays.jpg

These look lovely ,I look forward to getting them .

Only one concern.....tiny though it is......the similarity between the two packages . I know & you know that they're different but with respect to the busy guys working in the stores putting them on shelf-pegs,will they ? If you're not sure what I mean then I can elaborate but think about it first !

Ant-Mans feet are interesting.Overall ....superb..... I give DST full marks for detailing .

Edited by buttheadsmate

These look lovely ,I look forward to getting them .

Only one concern.....tiny though it is......the similarity between the two packages . I know & you know that they're different but with respect to the busy guys working in the stores putting them on shelf-pegs,will they ? If you're not sure what I mean then I can elaborate but think about it first !

Ant-Mans feet are interesting.Overall ....superb..... I give DST full marks for detailing .

I know what you mean, i was thinking of the mailorder side of it, you mailorder 10 box A and because their busy they put in 4 box B 6 box A

Edited by winkerbean

One question though... why two Thor heads instead of one head with two faces on opposite sides? Surely the hair pieces will cover the second face. Is it somehow a cost thing? Because at first blush it seems the more expensive route was taken.

One question though... why two Thor heads instead of one head with two faces on opposite sides? Surely the hair pieces will cover the second face. Is it somehow a cost thing? Because at first blush it seems the more expensive route was taken.

I *think* i remember someone at DST (sorry, don't know if it was Chuck, Zach or someone else) that it was quite difficult to get both faces on both sides of the head-block to line up, which is why x-23 Came with two heads, rather than two faces on one head.

EDIT: Although - Rachel Summers came out after X-23, so maybe i have completely mis-remembered the comment about printing on both sides of the head-block.

You mean will they only put out one set out, not realizing there are two different sets? That could be a problem if they ship each in separate cases, but I think the fact that one has a big picture of Cap and the other has a big picture of Iron Man will help (I mean that completely seriously, BTW, so I hope it doesn't sound sarcastic). If they are shipping in the same case, I don't think it will be a problem at all, as DS usually stuffs the pegs full.

You mean will they only put out one set out, not realizing there are two different sets? That could be a problem if they ship each in separate cases, but I think the fact that one has a big picture of Cap and the other has a big picture of Iron Man will help (I mean that completely seriously, BTW, so I hope it doesn't sound sarcastic). If they are shipping in the same case, I don't think it will be a problem at all, as DS usually stuffs the pegs full.

Yeah, when Disney Store actually puts something out, they mean business; I think there were about 30 or so Classic Heroic Age sets to pick from when mine stocked them. Plus, this may just be a quirk of mine, but the employees there are actually pretty helpful if you ask them a question.

This makes me wonder if these are going to be shipping together or in separate cases for some reason.

I *think* i remember someone at DST (sorry, don't know if it was Chuck, Zach or someone else) that it was quite difficult to get both faces on both sides of the head-block to line up, which is why x-23 Came with two heads, rather than two faces on one head.

EDIT: Although - Rachel Summers came out after X-23, so maybe i have completely mis-remembered the comment about printing on both sides of the head-block.

No no, yiu're quite right. Think it was Chuck, he basically said that if one face goes wrong then that is the cost of two lots of tampo print wasted. Pretty interesting that a whole extra head is more economically viable than some extra print.

No no, yiu're quite right. Think it was Chuck, he basically said that if one face goes wrong then that is the cost of two lots of tampo print wasted. Pretty interesting that a whole extra head is more economically viable than some extra print.

Talk about counter-intuitive. I believe you, just seems wrong.

He's also said that it's actually less expensive to sculpt details then it is to do tampos in some cases; if memory serves, it's because the error rate for tampos is so much higher. Yeah, counter-intuitive, but interesting.

boxes.jpg

trays.jpg

I'm glad they did Ant-Mans large feet this way instead of the duck feet. I will have to get at least two for display purposes.

Did we get a confirmation whether these are online only or if Disney Store's might carry them?

Edited by The Vox

I just picked up all of wave 44. I'm really digging Pym's feet options, but definitely sticking with short Ant Man. I'm more curious about that arrow with Hawkeye, is that a mid air arrow holder?

Nevermind, plastic reflection, just got WAAAY to excited.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

I spoke with a cast member who said a floor reset is coming right before Mother's Day. Neither the clerk nor the supervisor had seen the sets before when I showed them the packaged shots from this thread. They suggested checking back in a couple weeks.

The ten dollar figurine sets are hot right now and I've heard a fourth "Spidey" set may be on the way. Fingers crossed for a record setting Avenger weekend.