UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

Packaged TRU samples are in, so look for them in a month. Sample case even sooner.

Very curious to see an in-hand review of the Pods Enterprise. Plan to play with one next week, but I'm antsy.

So Zach, could you share with a novice here what do you mean by "Sample Case" and "TRU Samples are in so look for them in a month"?

Do TRU stores get sample cases? How does one know about sample cases and how to get sample cases? I would love me a few samples from sample cases and I have not heard of "Sample Cases" before.

Thank you in advance, Zach.

Edited by Captain Paco

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packaged TRU samples are in, so look for them in a month. Sample case even sooner.

Very curious to see an in-hand review of the Pods Enterprise. Plan to play with one next week, but I'm antsy.

So Zach, could you share with a novice here what do you mean by "Sample Case" and "TRU Samples are in so look for them in a month"?

Do TRU stores get sample cases? How does one know about sample cases and how to get sample cases? I would love me a few samples from sample cases and I have not heard of "Sample Cases" before.

Thank you in advance, Zach.

A novice? You've been on the board for four years, posted a couple hundred times and you've never heard anyone mention a sample case? wink.png

Before the figures get loaded on the boat, which takes three weeks or so to reach the US, we get air-mailed packaged samples for reference and photography. That's when packaged shots get posted and I shoot action shots. I've seen the TRU ones, which means they are about a month out, plus TRU's in-house shuffling.

But TRU also gets an advance case of every assortment they offer, for review purposes, and they usually put it up on the Website. It's why Luke has product shots of Iron Man 3 (he snagged a set from toysrus.com).

Edited by DSTZach

Thank you, Zach. I did not realize I have been on MMMV for four years now. Nor did I realize I have posted a couple hundred times. WOW! But I honestly have never heard of "Sample Cases" that is why I asked and I am very greatful for you explaining it to me.

I guess that means TRU should have their Legacy Wave about the time it was stated they would have them, End of May I think it was or first of June. I know I read they were coming out about a month before the LCS wave was hitting. I must get the TRU Trek mates as I need three sets of each at the very least and I know my local TRU does not get stock like the ones in Major cities. I am not sure where I will get the money for them but I will buy out my local TRU. I need one set to keep sealed, one to open for display and one to use for customizing. However, I may have to get extra Cpt. Archer's from Luke as I hope he will have then for sale as loose mates, cause I won't need all the extra Xindii.

Thank you for being such a great source of help and information on here. I always enjoy your insights and updates.

I saw the Fighter Pod stuff recently and I'm still curious as to why Hasbro is marketing this to kids after that failed for Playmates. I don't see many collectors going for the Squinkie type figure and I don't see many kids going for Trek characters. Again, DST knows which market to target with the right product.

Any chance we might be able to see some tray shots or something of these Zach? I'm curious to see whats up with 7 of 9's borg implant thats attcahed to her hair piece...if its silver or mispainted like the picture on AFI. Thanks in advance if you can do this.

This probably isn't the right thread, but I didn't see a dedicated Star Trek Kre-O thread and figured there probably wouldn't be a need for one. I saw all of these at TRU yesterday, the Enterprise was the only one I was tempted by, but decided to pass. One thing did catch my eye, one of these packages is not like the other, can you find what I mean?

pTRU1-15454176_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

pTRU1-15454003_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

pTRU1-15327239_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

pTRU1-15515775_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

pTRU1-15454101_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

SPOILER! Check out the Space Dive set, the only set to not feature the names of the characters included...I'm still convinced that Cumberbatch is playing Khan, in some form.

Edited by youbastards

One doesn't have figures apparently?

Man, do those Kreo figures look terrible.

In terms of likeness I would agree, but aside from the weird shoulder pads and some of the hair I think they look fairly decent. You just have to accept that they aren't Lego or Minimates.

I saw the Fighter Pod stuff recently and I'm still curious as to why Hasbro is marketing this to kids after that failed for Playmates. I don't see many collectors going for the Squinkie type figure and I don't see many kids going for Trek characters. Again, DST knows which market to target with the right product.

Did you see the Fighter Pod earrings at C2E2? That must be what these are designed for.

Sweet (high six), Zach just confirmed "Princess Bride" as the new license!! Well, it should be. Packaging looks good on this chapter of Trek. I think ita's a good idea to lump them all under one umbrella. I can't wait!

One doesn't have figures apparently?

Man, do those Kreo figures look terrible.

In terms of likeness I would agree, but aside from the weird shoulder pads and some of the hair I think they look fairly decent. You just have to accept that they aren't Lego or Minimates.

They're nowhere near 'mate level quality, but I think Kreons are far superior to Lego mini figures. And cheaper to boot.

Of course not, but they aren't bad for their size though, assuming they are Lego size that is...

I'll be sticking to 'mates though. As long as they stay away from the new movie stuff.

Oh yeah, 'mates are definitely the ideal choice. But I have gotten a lot of satisfaction out of the G.I. Joe kreo-o's, so if you're a trek fan and still have money after buying the 'mates, the Kre-O's may surprise you.

I just got done scrapping my eyes across a cheese grater after seeing those horrible Kre-ons... Also hit myself in the head with a hammer the other day at Toys R' Us when I saw the ridiculously stupid Star Trek Fighter Pods. I thought when Hasbro got the license for Trek toys we'd see some real improvements over Playmates, but I guess it's crap merchandising as usual. I've said it before and I'll say it again, DST KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, because you have the only good collectables coming out on the market right now....

Trek is a hard sell I think, the characters are all very interesting but on the pegs it's a lot of guys in different color shirts with an alien or two. If you don't know the characters at all, they're not as exciting to kids as the latest....whatever kids like.