UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

I thought that too. Maybe it was a simple missed paint app, but I think it looks too thick. I think it would be better as a face tampo actually.

I was hoping for it to be on the face tampo too, i think it would of looked better...but like i said either way i'm happy to have her and all the others.

Edited by mav-man

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that too. Maybe it was a simple missed paint app, but I think it looks too thick. I think it would be better as a face tampo actually.

I was hoping for it to be on the face tampo too, i think it would of looked better...but like i said either way i'm happy to have her and all the others.

I think it's odd that one face implant is a tampo, and the other is sculpted.

Don't get me wrong I'm pleased to have Janeway and Seven, but looking at those pictures I will be heavily tweaking them when/if I get them. Both hairpieces look too dark to me and I don't see a strong Jerri Ryan likeness

Because I don't remember seeing it before, I took some pics of the Borg Queen (I think, I am not that into ST):

null_zps99e5165d.jpg

null_zpsf6bc7caa.jpg

Her chest block appears to be hollow, with the head attached, possibly, directly to the legs. I know enough Trek to know the Borg heads come off; I think this was a neat way to do this.

In the movie that head came off for some reason or other, so that seems to be what is going on here. I don't remember the context for why her head came off though.

I'm sure she was quite "beside herself" when she discovered she could do that for the first time.

I'm sure she was quite "beside herself" when she discovered she could do that for the first time.

Kind of a shame that you used up this joke here instead of saving it for one of your comic strips. I won't tell anyone that you "doubled up" later if you don't, though biggrin.png

Is the Borg Queen coming with another Picard?

Also anyone have an idea what the MM on the right is all about?

Boots and belt make me think X-Men/New Mutants character, but I'm not sure who it might be.

Chairs and removable shoes for throwing, please. I'm most excited about the "body guard who breaks up fight after a minute or two" TRU exclusive 2-pack.

Steve? Or the guy who replaced him when he got his own show?

Okay. I will go hide my head in shame for knowing that.

So does anyone have confirmed reports of the Minimate Enterprise getting released on April 24th?

I am really wanting to get that ship and get it on display at my office. I may only get the one but I am openning it and displaying it. I am just tired of waiting for it as I thought it was originally to have been released in November 2012.

Why are they pushing the release date around so much?

What could possibly make it take so long?

I am getting tired of waiting and yet I really want the relaunch of the Star Trek Minimate line to push onward and last for enough time to get all the major characters besides all the captains.

It is just frustrating not only for us collecters but I can only imagine the stress and headaches on the distribution outlets that have to keep readdressing the issue with the retailers.

So long as the ships and figures are out not too long after the new movie hits I'm sure they'll do well. And I'm betting no one wants these out sooner than DST, but like all manufacturers I'm guessing they're at the mercy of overseas factories, slow moving boats carrying their product and hold ups at docks and customs. It could be worse, though. Some toy comapanies also have to deal with evil agents that cause delays that last several years...

they're at the mercy of overseas factories, slow moving boats carrying their product and hold ups at docks and customs.

Lucky bastards.

. . .I wonder how much Deano had to drink before filming this one. . .

Edited by karamazov80

I am getting tired of waiting and yet I really want the relaunch of the Star Trek Minimate line to push onward and last for enough time to get all the major characters besides all the captains.

It is just frustrating not only for us collecters but I can only imagine the stress and headaches on the distribution outlets that have to keep readdressing the issue with the retailers.

We only have one distribution outlet, and it's our sister company Diamond Comics. Retailers get regular updates.

What took so long was getting the sales necessary to greenlight production. Ship was modified slightly, as well -- lots of engineering challenges. Early proto photos are not really accurate any more -- see the Tribble Enterprise for a more accurate picture.

Rushing the product out is not going to make the line last longer. It's not like our license expires in December. We're in the Trek business for the long haul.

And here's DST's lone competition, from what I can tell, courtesy of Hasbro's line of Fighter Pods:

Toy+Fair+Hasbro+Fighter+Pods+USS+Enterpr

Toy+Fair+Hasbro+Fighter+Pods+USS+Enterpr

Very familiar play pattern (opening saucer and secondary hull), comes with six non-articulated figures, and retails for $20.

Kinda makes you wonder what we'd have gotten from DST if TRU had gotten on board with these ships. I'm guessing at least one more figure.

We only have one distribution outlet, and it's our sister company Diamond Comics. Retailers get regular updates.

What took so long was getting the sales necessary to greenlight production. Ship was modified slightly, as well -- lots of engineering challenges. Early proto photos are not really accurate any more -- see the Tribble Enterprise for a more accurate picture.

Rushing the product out is not going to make the line last longer. It's not like our license expires in December. We're in the Trek business for the long haul.

That actully makes me not as upset for the delay, I appreciate you providing such an explanation. Thak you, Zach.

I am just hoping that you will share with us if the legacy line is going to be delayed or if that is planned to be on time for both the LCS and TRU (cause the TRU versions will be hard for me to get and I need them as well.)

Thank you, DST Zach!

Monday I finally saw the Kree-O Trek sets. They looked intriguing, but probably over-priced. (TRU)

The Fighter Pod Enterprise is getting assaulted by commentors on StarTrek.com but we're talking about Trekkies who don't much care for the notion of change anyway. Plenty seem to be anti-toy, as if they're blaming Abrams for commercializing the brand. Their childhoods must have been devoid of fun. Tough crowd.