UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

Frankly... even though it was deliberately trying to make a joke out of NOT using purple pants...

I liked the explanation in the second movie: That big, purple fat-lady pants just happen to be the stretchiest pairs that they can manage to find available at the store.

I come from a family of fat lads and ladies, and I can tell you right now, I have more than a few aunts/grandmas/cousins that I could easily picture wearing those pants. So it's not like they aren't out there. And Bruce, knowing his ailment... might just have found a good place to buy a nice stockpile of them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that always bothered me about the Hulk was all his clothes ripped except around skivvies area. I understand why it is like it is, but it bothered me. His goin should grow as well, and if so, those pants should be squeezing his green eggs and ham so tightly that he can't even giggle. Yet he runs, fights and jumps just fine.

Thus I have come up with a theory. When Bruce Banner transforms into the Hulk, he becomes a eunuch.

That's the only logical explination.

I've gotta assume that one of the side effects of Gamma radiation is that it turns all pants purple.

I believe they actually floated that as a legitimate idea during the Malto/Buscema years. Might have even made it into one of the early handbooks.

But really, it's as logical an idea as how impossibly strong the crotch and waists of all these pants are.

The triple stitch is worth every penny.

Now that I know why Banner wears purple pants, I'm still curious where he gets them. Or maybe he's just got the one pair that he always wears under whatever else he's wearing. Banner the never-nude?

Ah - so it's just being swapped for the REDACTED?

Got it now. For some reason i thought this was going to bump out an old character in favour of a new one. My Bad.

Thanks for the update Zach :thumbsup:

Yes, we just needed to put all our Redacted in one basket.

Oh, and tan pants on Hulk and new boots on Cap, for those keeping score at home. No waffle treads that I can see, but a nice new sculpt that reflects their curvy lines.

Edited by Zach Oat

The thing that always bothered me about the Hulk was all his clothes ripped except around skivvies area. I understand why it is like it is, but it bothered me. His goin should grow as well, and if so, those pants should be squeezing his green eggs and ham so tightly that he can't even giggle. Yet he runs, fights and jumps just fine.

Thus I have come up with a theory. When Bruce Banner transforms into the Hulk, he becomes a eunuch.

That's the only logical explination.

I must say that I've never thought so deeply about the topic at hand, but being under all that pressure does explain why the Hulk is always so mad.

... those pants should be squeezing his green eggs and ham so tightly that he can't even giggle. Yet he runs, fights and jumps just fine.

:blink:

Please, please, PLEASE let this be what you're talking about

green-eggs-and-ham-seuss.jpg

Maybe Hulk felt the time to be trendy?

Or he just wanted to go all 'Safari joe' on the bad guys? :blush: Idk I guess i'm out of reasons why he's in Khakis.

I've gotta assume that one of the side effects of Gamma radiation is that it turns all pants purple.

I believe they actually floated that as a legitimate idea during the Malto/Buscema years. Might have even made it into one of the early handbooks.

But really, it's as logical an idea as how impossibly strong the crotch and waists of all these pants are.

The triple stitch is worth every penny.

Now that I know why Banner wears purple pants, I'm still curious where he gets them. Or maybe he's just got the one pair that he always wears under whatever else he's wearing. Banner the never-nude?

The answer is quite simple. Hulk wears Magic Pants.

Id absolutely love the heroclix Starro... Impossible to find for a 'reasonable price'.

Anyway, I hope 30mins of the Avengers is dedicated to banner dyeing half a dozen pairs of tan/khaki trousers, whilst iceing his croutch. Would be good, for sure. Perhaps fury telling him and hawkeye that no avengers wear purple that sets him off.

Just for the record, I've no doubt this film will be wonderful.

Quick deviation, but new rumor for REDACTED:

The Deviants. (I swear, deviation was unintentional)

"Deviants make sense:

*They're not technically aliens; they're engineered from the genetic stock of homo erectus right here on Good Ol' Earth.

*They make for a good generic enemy, as they're pretty much a hodgepodge of nasties.

*The "historical" Avengers have fought them on numerous occasions.

*The appearance of the Deviants would neatly tie-in with a rumored appearance by Thanos. (Picture this: in his cosmic travels, Loki encounters the Mad Titan, and promises to get him the Infinity Gauntlet from Odin's treasury in payment for an army of mercenaries in Thanos' employ --- i.e., the Deviants.)

*Vague descriptions of the "aliens" on-set so far: beastlike. Metallic armor. Combination of melee weapons and energy/beam weapons.

*Remember when people were discussing Atlanteans as the possible enemy, due to scenes of Iron Man rising up out of the harbor in the teaser trailer....? Consider this: Atlantis isn't the *only* undersea kingdom in Marvel. There's also: Lemuria. Kingdom of the Deviants.

*Remember Feige saying that they plan to develop an Inhumans movie? Again, Deviants tie in with that.

*Remember all the Kirby love in the Thor movie? The homage can continue with the development of Deviants, Eternals, Inhumans and Celestials.

*Speaking of Thor, wasn't there *just* a great big epic mini-series of Thor in the comic books recently that had a lot of readers scratching their heads as a real out-of-left-field choice....? Oh, right:

....."Thor vs. The Deviants.""

Don't know much (anything) about them, but a quick google image search shows they could be very interesting visually on the big screen. I'm really not fussed who they fight, I trust those involved whole-heatedly.

I'm almost entirely convinced it won't be the Skrulls by now, and we'll be treated to some sort of after credits scene, dead body revealed as a Skrull deal... probably Maria Hill.

Edited by dj87

Don't know much (anything) about them, but a quick google image search shows they could be very interesting visually on the big screen. I'm really not fussed who they fight, I trust those involved whole-heatedly.

I'm almost entirely convinced it won't be the Skrulls by now, and we'll be treated to some sort of after credits scene, dead boy revealed as a Skrull deal... probably Maria Hill.

i agree with the skrull after the credits scene, but i feel the villains will be Kree, it will help introduce more future avengers like Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel, and if we see a skrull at the end, it could lead to the kree/skrull war

I'm pretty sure it's Buffy fans Loki has tricked into believing another season will happen if the Avengers are defeated.

You're partially right, we... er... they were promised a mini-series that will officially give an ending to Angel finale.:whistling:

I'm pretty sure it's Buffy fans Loki has tricked into believing another season will happen if the Avengers are defeated.

You're partially right, we... er... they were promised a mini-series that will officially give an ending to Angel finale.:whistling:

That was sure some mini series too....was way long than I expected it to be - still need to go back a re-read it and see if it actually got stuff sorted out or not

Jeff of the Miniacs