UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

Thor looks like Walker Texas Ranger!!

no he looks like the lead singer of nickleback

sign 1 of the coming apocolypse

No. His hair is like washed and combed, which the nickleback guy's never appears to be. No, he definitly has a late 70's arena rock vibe to him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it totally cracks me up the hulk is blacked out. like people don't know what the hulk looks like. :)

Shhhhhhhhh! Whedon is trying to minimize the human cry that is undoubtedly going up about the Hulk's >gasp< Khaki pants! Oh the humanity!!

The Hasbro figure has normal dark purple/blue trousers.

it totally cracks me up the hulk is blacked out. like people don't know what the hulk looks like. :)

Shhhhhhhhh! Whedon is trying to minimize the human cry that is undoubtedly going up about the Hulk's >gasp< Khaki pants! Oh the humanity!!

Nope...

http://www.10mfh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/avengers-hulk-figure.jpg

Ugly change, might i add. They could have at least gone with a dark color if it couldn't be purple.

Nope...

Ugly change, might i add. They could have at least gone with a dark color if it couldn't be purple.

well, yeah...

early proto picture, or Official Hasbro Reveal

I did say at the time the beige trousers looked silly, but didn't take it particularly seriously, as its clearly an early knock up for a convention.

Edited by dj87

Nope...

well, yeah...

early proto picture, or Official Hasbro Reveal

I did say at the time the beige trousers looked silly, but didn't take it particularly seriously, as its clearly an early knock up for a convention.

The bottom one still looks like khaki though; i assumed the first one was just shadow.

They really don't. I keep going back to look, as I really don't get it.

The lighting hasn't really 'changed' anyone else's colours that much. There is a thin band of presumably white around the waist... I assumed that was Banner's tattered shirt. There is a distinct line where that ends in both pictures.

Marvel Studios has said no Hulk merchandise promotion until January 31st. And yes, your questions are the same as mine.

Not leaked, digital Previews was released today. BUT the text on that BBTS listing is incorrect. We've actually changed the lineup for this assortment a tad. Nick Fury is no longer in this assortment, he'll be at TRU. We'll be able to show Hulk at the end of the month, but the remaining three figures in the wave are all going to be off-limits for a while. And yes, that includes Maria Hill.

So, if he is moving to TRU, who is he bumping out of their assortment? And if he is no longer in the LCS wave, who gets his spot? Will he and a TRU character be swapped? Or maybe DST learned about the "other Big Bad" and was able to include that character in the LCS wave....

Nick is going to TRU and a mystery character is going to LCS, for timing purposes.

They really don't. I keep going back to look, as I really don't get it.

The lighting hasn't really 'changed' anyone else's colours that much. There is a thin band of presumably white around the waist... I assumed that was Banner's tattered shirt. There is a distinct line where that ends in both pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-MOVIE-2012-MOVIE-SERIES-3-3-4-FIGURES-All-4-MOMC-Hand-Now-/220937758111?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3370eaa59f#ht_2361wt_1037

For the record, first packaging photos i've seen (excuse for the eBay link) but they're khaki.

the pants in those pics also appear to be beige its just the lighting, especially the first pic but look a little closer at the second(group) pic.

Told ya.

The Hulk,

in khakis.

What is the world coming to.

No no no no no

fair enough

Oh Hulk, you look so silly... I hope he is ashamed of himself. They could have at least gone with dark blue jeans... I hear everyone in the world has those. No one looks good in khakis... No one.

Nick is going to TRU and a mystery character is going to LCS, for timing purposes.

So - who is being bumped from the TRU assortment to make room for Nick?

Great point, Nessex.

Zach, are you able to confirm that this is the new line-up?

Marvel Minimates Wave 45 (Specialty stores/comic shops)

- Captain America & Thor

- Iron Man MK7 & Hulk

- REDACTED (from TRU wave) & REDACTED (exclusive)

- Maria Hill & REDACTED (exclusive)

Marvel Minimates - The Avengers (Toys “R” Us/toysrus.com)

- Captain America & Thor

- Iron Man MK7 & Hulk

- Hawkeye & Black Widow (exclusive)

- Loki & Nick Fury (exclusive)

Cap's mouth is too low i think. Reminds me of Obama's Not Bad Meme

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Plus the suit lacks the white part on his biceps.

Oh and the shield should be red, blue and silver.

And if possible, please give him treaded boots/feet. lol.

just sayin. XD

It's a prototype, so the white may still be added. Face is inserted digitally, so that may be tweaked, as well. But please send me your reference pics of the bottom of Cap's feet from the movie! Not sure we have any. :lol:

So - who is being bumped from the TRU assortment to make room for Nick?

Great point, Nessex.

Zach, are you able to confirm that this is the new line-up?

Marvel Minimates Wave 45 (Specialty stores/comic shops)

- Captain America & Thor

- Iron Man MK7 & Hulk

- REDACTED (from TRU wave) & REDACTED (exclusive)

- Maria Hill & REDACTED (exclusive)

Marvel Minimates - The Avengers (Toys “R” Us/toysrus.com)

- Captain America & Thor

- Iron Man MK7 & Hulk

- Hawkeye & Black Widow (exclusive)

- Loki & Nick Fury (exclusive)

Looks right, should have said "Redacted" and not "mystery character." Sorry, Nessex. Not POSITIVE we're keeping the Hawkeye/Black Widow/Loki/Fury pairings, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

But it's got to be easier to just use khakis than try to explain why Banner is wearing bright purple pants, right?

Ya know, when I was a kid, it looked funny to me, Bruce in purple slacks all the time. But as I got into college, and particularly once I met my wife who is a Math and Physics major, and met more future scientists suddenly it didn't seem so strange. That's an eclectic bunch, and some of them fixate on unique fashion choices. By eclectic and unique I mean odd, if not downright weird. So Bruce feeling most comfortable in purple pants, sure I've seen worse.

Ah - so it's just being swapped for the REDACTED?

Got it now. For some reason i thought this was going to bump out an old character in favour of a new one. My Bad.

Thanks for the update Zach :thumbsup:

But it's got to be easier to just use khakis than try to explain why Banner is wearing bright purple pants, right?

Ya know, when I was a kid, it looked funny to me, Bruce in purple slacks all the time. But as I got into college, and particularly once I met my wife who is a Math and Physics major, and met more future scientists suddenly it didn't seem so strange. That's an eclectic bunch, and some of them fixate on unique fashion choices. By eclectic and unique I mean odd, if not downright weird. So Bruce feeling most comfortable in purple pants, sure I've seen worse.

It's just amazing how he always manages to find them, though. I mean, think about how many times you've seen Bruce snatch clothes of a washline or something like that. Okay, maybe he does tend to gravitate towards purple pants, but what are the odds that he'd find so many people with purple pants to steal? I've gotta assume that one of the side effects of Gamma radiation is that it turns all pants purple.

I've gotta assume that one of the side effects of Gamma radiation is that it turns all pants purple.

I believe they actually floated that as a legitimate idea during the Malto/Buscema years. Might have even made it into one of the early handbooks.

But really, it's as logical an idea as how impossibly strong the crotch and waists of all these pants are.