UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

Here's a photoshopped pic of the Avengers. I took away the hulk's exposed neck and shrunk his head ever so slightly. Looks better now (and probably what we'll be getting in the end. I also raised Captain America's mouth so it wasn't on his chin any more.

I meant to double-check that Cap's face tampo was off before I posted it anywhere, and it's possible he Hulk's head wasn't on all the way, but I don't see how Hulk's head would be smaller than what was shown.

I think it was just the angle Hulk's head was at that made it appear bigger. I'm sure the actual minimate will look fine in person. Question: Will Cap's facial tampo line up with his mask better this time around to your knowledge?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all really spiffy looking. I'll definitely be picking up spares of Hawkeye and Widow to go with the Ultimates. For what it.comms worth, I think Thor's hair looks pretty spot on. It's a little goofy looking, but that's the source material. Can't wait to get these and see the rest.

And way to go, Zach, for naming the REDACTED!

Wow - away from the boards for a day or two and BAM - new minimate pictures! Gotta say - Loki looks pretty cool (love his spear-thing), but i'm really surprised with how much i like Black Widow & Hawkeye. They both look great & have totally re-invigorated my interest in this wave. Can't wait to see Maria & the Redacted!

having had a look at the bigger pictures, I really like Cap's boots, and Hawkeye, even with the shades, looks very much like Renner. Good work there.

Hulk is definitely wearing purple, even if it isn't the usual comic shade. I'm still convinced the official pictures for the Hasbro 3 3/4" figures had him in purple. I've got to assume that Ruff will Hulk out at least twice in the film, once with the tan/beige, before telling the Avengers he has to change into something 'a little more traditional', turn to the camera and wink.

DST usually nail the Marvel movie faces, not really seeing the Loki / Hiddlestone though.

I still can't believe an Avengers film is coming out... lets all try not to die in the next couple of months.

EDIT: My four- year- old just came up to see what I was doing. I showed her the picture above, and she said "Captain America?! You already have Captain America! And that one, and that one, and that one...". Out of the mouths of babes.... :biggrin: :rolleyes:

True dat.

Predictably pREDACTEDable.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Hey Zach, can you confirm that Hawkeye's arrows are removable? And he will come with a bow, correct? Thanks!

Yes and yes.

Question: Will Cap's facial tampo line up with his mask better this time around to your knowledge?

When you say "this time around," do you mean an earlier Cap had a tampo that did not line up, or are you simply referring to this prototype?

Question: Will Cap's facial tampo line up with his mask better this time around to your knowledge?

When you say "this time around," do you mean an earlier Cap had a tampo that did not line up, or are you simply referring to this prototype?

I have a couple Caps in which when his mask is pushed down fully on his head, his eyes kind of just about roll right up into his mask.

Ultimate Cap springs forth as an immediate example. Not complaining, still love them, just sayin'.

Also, removable arrows and an empty quiver? I have two words for that. The first word starts with the letter F and the second words is Yes. Then there's some exclamation points. And he comes with a bow? Is it a NEW bow, or a bow we already have? I'm happy either way, but curiosity and all that. You know how it is.

Edited by The Geohound

Also, removable arrows and an empty quiver? I have two words for that. The first word starts with the letter F and the second words is Yes. Then there's some exclamation points. And he comes with a bow? Is it a NEW bow, or a bow we already have? I'm happy either way, but curiosity and all that. You know how it is.

He carries a compound bow in the movie, and the control art I'm seeing is for a compound bow. Also, it says "new bow."

After the first, wave 5 Cap, it seems like every Cap released up until a couple years ago had issues with the eyes lining up with the mask. But I don't recall any issues since that Toys R Us Wolverine/Cap 2-pack I don't think.

--edit: that's not true, movie Cap did have issues.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1163&n=Captain+America

Edited by karamazov80

Hey Zach, can you confirm that Hawkeye's arrows are removable? And he will come with a bow, correct? Thanks!

Yes and yes.

Let me rephrase, will the eye holes on the Avengers Cap minimate's mask line up better with his eyes than the 2011 movie Cap's did. Check out the pic. The eye holes aren't close enough together to show his entire eyes.

That'd be Barney Barton, CLint's thought deceased (until recently) brother who has taken up the name Trickshot when not prancing around as Hawkeye in Osborn's New Dark Avengers.

So yeah, that'd probably work.

Thank you sir. Does he have a costume of his own, or is he limited to wearing Hawkeye's fatigues?

Hey does indeed have a costume of his own. One that he's worn in a total of three issues before he was drafted by Osborn. You can get a great look at it here.

That'd be Barney Barton, CLint's thought deceased (until recently) brother who has taken up the name Trickshot when not prancing around as Hawkeye in Osborn's New Dark Avengers.

So yeah, that'd probably work.

Thank you sir. Does he have a costume of his own, or is he limited to wearing Hawkeye's fatigues?

Hey does indeed have a costume of his own. One that he's worn in a total of three issues before he was drafted by Osborn. You can get a great look at it here.

Maybe they can fit him into a "Friends and Foes of Hawkeye" set with, oh I dunno, First Appearance Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and the Swordsman. That would fly off the shelves, I'm sure.

But back to the big news: removable arrows! Zach, give the design guys a big round of applause from us. It's amazing that you can get that level of individual detail into a 2" block figure. Take that, Lego!

Zach, do you have any idea if the FI Hawkeye (or any other Hawkeye that might find its' way to store shelves this year...) will have removable arrows?

My main curiousty now on Hawkeye is this: How MANY arrows does he come with? Having them is great and all, but if he only comes with two, well, not as great. Granted I have a bunch I can put in the quiver, I was just wondering. I like accessories.

looking at the pic I count 5 arrows, and that seems like a nice number.

My main curiousty now on Hawkeye is this: How MANY arrows does he come with? Having them is great and all, but if he only comes with two, well, not as great. Granted I have a bunch I can put in the quiver, I was just wondering. I like accessories.

I think it's 3 permanent arrows, 3 removable. i think FI Hawkeye will have it, as well, but don't quote me.

I think it's 3 permanent arrows, 3 removable. i think FI Hawkeye will have it, as well, but don't quote me.

too late :thumbsup:

Will the theoretical Hawkeye we should not worry about piecing together a QC for also have the same quiver setup?:whistling:

I was going to quote you but I took an arrow to the knee.

Changey trousers Hulk, and Iron Man definitely had the triangle (DIDN'T have the circle) reactor in the first trailer (haven't seen the superbowl slot)

I do think, with the big need for secrecy surrounding films like this, that the reference stuff the toy companies are giving must end up being early concept stuff.

that or everyone spends the whole film getting changed.

Edited by dj87

So, you can see Loki's army in the extended Super Bowl Trailer on Facebook. It's not anyone we've listed. It's (most likely, but mega-spoiler if you don't wanna know):

The Badoon.

Thats just a guess. The aliens can be anyone. Maybe even something made up for the movie...