UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only do I really wanna know what they are but I need to know so I know how many army builders to preorder from Luke....... I'm begging you won't you show so some heart for the love of Lukes profit margin!

Edited by winkerbean

show us the pics, just don't tell use the names of the villians, if they're anything like the legos we'll still have no idea what the hell they are! :thumbsup:

I think by now you know that Minimates are nothing like Legos. :no:

tell that to everyone that looks at my display <_< ... please.

Truth. Truth. And more truth.

Sorry I haven't posted any unboxing pictures. I had this crazy idea to re-create the teaser posters, and it kinda took over my brain. I posted these two on Twitter so far:

AoIrk3qCQAIS6Us.jpgAoJ5a78CIAEroEu.jpg

Have actually finished all eight, but can't access them right now, or I'd give you a bonus.

Quick breakdown:

- Hawkeye comes with three arrows (four molded in quiver), plus extra non-sunglasses head.

- Hulk comes with extra very angry head.

- Thor's hair has changed from the prototype to (I believe) the old Thor movie hair.

- Fury's trenchcoat is shiny like Michael Knight's jacket. Pistol and rocket launcher.

- Iron Man gets a different helmet than seen in the prototype, although you may have already seen it at Toy Fair.

- They're all amazing.

Oh my God i think i'm in love. They're BEAUTIFUL. Bravo, Zach, bravo.

Purple on Hawkeye is vivid and amazing, which nulls my main worry. He's perfect; that bow looks so fantastic. Great Renner likeness too!!

Widow looks stellar. Streamlined even with her belt/holsters combo, new bracelets rock, and her ScarJo likeness may be better than the first two. Love the final hairpiece.

Question, is her head not on all the way?? If so, looks like she has a really short neck peg....which may be not-so-good.

Purple on Hawkeye is vivid and amazing, which nulls my main worry. He's perfect; that bow looks so fantastic. Great Renner likeness too!!

The purple changed a few times after the prototype pics. Even the character art on the packaging has a slightly different purple.

Question, is her head not on all the way?? If so, looks like she has a really short neck peg....which may be not-so-good.

Head was on all the way, just angled very extremely. Looked good from straight-on, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

thanks for changing the Thor hair. I loved the hairpiece he had in the Thor wave and the proto one was just... too... big... Far too big.

Pretty much how I felt about Thor and the Iron Man minimates. IMO the helmets from the IM2 wave > helmest from IM1 wave.

Pretty much how I felt about Thor and the Iron Man minimates. IMO the helmets from the IM2 wave > helmest from IM1 wave.

Good thing we updated it, then! Avengers helmet is the IM 2 helmet, not the IM 1 helmet.

AoWf7odCIAADgCD.jpg

AoXGyyKCQAAHxj2.jpg

That's all of them. May do a Maria Hill if I get the chance...

No, Thor sports a few different looks. One is the caped/armored look a la the Thor Movie and for which we already have a minimate. The new 'mate looks to be based off of this sleeveless, capeless look. I'd prefer this one over one we've already got. And I guess I'm alone, but I liked the big hair for Thor.

These posters are awesome, Zach. I'm really looking forward to this wave (and plan on getting doubles of Hawkeye and Widow to go with the Ultimates).

Edited by Turtle

No, Thor sports a few different looks. One is the caped/armored look a la the Thor Movie and for which we already have a minimate. The new 'mate looks to be based off of this sleeveless, capeless look. I'd prefer this one over one we've already got. And I guess I'm alone, but I liked the big hair for Thor.

These posters are awesome, Zach. I'm really looking forward to this wave (and plan on getting doubles of Hawkeye and Widow to go with the Ultimates).

Thanks! And thanks for tracking down that pic -- one of the earliest images anyone saw of him in this film, and most assuredly what this look was based on. When we started work on these guys, we had no idea whether he would be dressed for "Casual Thorsday" throughout the movie, but we certainly didn't want to make the same fully armored Thor all over again. Consider this an "Ultimate" movie Thor, and go buy the old one if you prefer that look.

Did I mention these are all production pieces? I'll try and shoot some more straightforward shots.

Edited by Zach Oat