UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

Zach, i know you cant say much about the mystery villians but will we recognize their name( for example: Skrulls) when the full wave is revealed, or is it more that we are just not allowed to see them yet?

I can not say ANYTHING about the mystery villains. BUT we just found out their names this week. Packaging is being printed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that could work. He doesn't look anything like Ruffalo though. Zach, any chance you guys could throw in just an alternate Banner head/hair with Hulk? That would be an easy way to get an official Avengers movie Banner quick custom without taking up an entire slot.

To just include a head with no body would probably not fly with Marvel, OR with the casual buyer who wonders what they're supposed to do with it. I would use Sunspot's hair and Ray's face on Tony Stark's body and paint his shirt purple. Just my two cents.

Just use the Ruffalo head that came with the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" box set. Jeez, do we have to do everything for you? :confused:

God, I wish I had Eternal Sunshine Minimates. Faceless Patrick!

Thanks Zach, good suggestion, glad to see you use the MMDB for the same purposes. :thumbsup:

It's the most staggeringly incredible resource I could ever imagine. I used to think Yojoe.com was awesome. But MMDB...

Who on here does MMDB? I want to thank them. And who does MMHQ? All my e-mails to them keep bouncing back, I need a new address.

Sorry, off-topic.

I can not say ANYTHING about the mystery villains. BUT we just found out their names this week. Packaging is being printed.

Can you answer just this... was it a name you had heard of before? (swear that will be the only question I ask on the subject)

I'm prefectly happy to keep calling them the Redacted until May. Secure your fanboy fame and all.

Its a funny old game, isn't it. DST and their fellow toy companies must have been given reference pictures for the might Redacted, and used those to make up some lovely figures n' such, but they've only just got the names themselves.

If it is someone/thing we're well aware of, surely that means they're pretty far removed physically from their comic counterparts.

God, I wish I had Eternal Sunshine Minimates. Faceless Patrick!

back of the LotR Frodo head, for sure

I actually think the REDACTED would make a great name for some kind of super-malignant alien race. Like they were so evil, their name was REDACTED from history. It's creepy, right?

I like that. Can I use that? I can do something with that.

Let me make a few things clearer on 199999 Hawkeye's costume. (That's the designation for the shared Marvel Movieverse)

It looks very good for the Ultimate version of Hawkeye's origin- Government assassin with a thing for bows w/ trick arrows. And it does appear that this will be the movie Clint's origin as well. It's very practicle and real world looking.

it's also kind borring. And with a definite aire of "been done". Former Speedy Roy Harper over at the Distinguished Competition wore a very simialr costume as Arsenal, right down to the shades. Smallville's Green Arrow wore the same thing, but with a hood. It seems to have become the fallback modern archer costume.

And it looks ridiculous on 616 Hawkeye. The Hawkeye I know and love best started as a circus preformer, and his costume was originally designed to be worn in his act. (He also had a buckskin costume he wore some too) I always figured he kept it despite his ID being well known was a nodd to his roots and sense of showmanship. And over the years Clint's built a lot of practicality into it. This suit doesn't fit 616 Clint's personality, it's too subdued. And I'm really going to dislike it when EMH's Hawkeye switches to it as well.

Now I didn't expect a straight comics to screen carry over. Flared masks do not look good in reality, not to mention the bucaneer boots. But I think a little more effort to bring more elements to suit. Making the shoulder straps purple, forming an 'H' on his chest. Making the suit a blueish-black, with the little more purple across the shoulder/chest. Maybe add a purple tint to the boots. All these would have helped IMO.

But I'll be patient. This marks the third time Hawkeye has abandoned his traditional costume. (not count the times he's tried new ID's entirely) Each time, Ol' Bro'r Hawkeye goes back to basics in pretty short order.

They look like Skrulls there, but the still images from the Superbowl spot don't resemble this much. Hard to say.

I'm thinking they won't be the only ones. They were described as "Gangsters of the 9 Realms" so there will probably be several races. Familiarity of Frost Giants for the trailer, Badoon, Chitauri/Skrulls, etc. But, who knows.

Whedon stating that they aren't Skrulls, even though we see these pics, and that Skrulls are in the game (well, were. The game is cancelled, right?) just makes it feel like a bold-faced lie, but i doubt he'd lie.

Guess we'll know May 4th.

EDIT:

Also, it looks there's a leader figure too. Who, might i add, looks eerily like:

Annihilus??

That'd be interesting.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm not going to put too much stock in a game piece, but it looks exactly like them. But I think you might be right, because some of the closeups I've seen of stills there appears to be variety even amongst the Redacteds themselves. For example:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14747

The two seen in this image (granted, not super clear) but the center one appears to have horns or ears or something, while the right edge one appears to have a copper colored row of hair, spikes, helmet, something down the middle of it's head. Too blurry to be sure, but the bodies definitely appear to be wearing raglike clothing, not spacesuits like the game piece.

They look like Skrulls there, but the still images from the Superbowl spot don't resemble this much. Hard to say.

Have you seen the Rise Planet of the Apes commercials?... oh by the way SPOILERS for a movie everyone should have already seen, it’s really great:

In the some of the commercials, there’s a scene where Cesar writes on an electronic touch monitor “Cesar”

This scene is not in movie in that form, in the movie the ‘hate filled’ chimp Koba is the one at the monitor and instead of his own name he writes “Jacobs” while starring menacingly at the company CEO.

They used the same motion capture and back ground in the movie but switched the character to create a scene just for the trailers...

What I’m saying is... it’s entirely possible, since the army looks a hell of a lot like Frost Giants they just slapped some slightly altered Frost Giants CGI models from Thor into a scene so they could show “Loki’s Army” giving viewers a scene of the scope of battle awaiting our heroes without revealing who the army actually is.

Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s a possibility.

I saw the a very close up pic of one of those game pieces. There's lots of tiny etched details all over the thing... but no chin furrows. I point out the details else where on it so you can't use the 'simplified sculpt' argument. The 'ears' are skrull like, but in the close up they look almost like horns on the helmet. My general impression overall was much more Badoon than Skrull. But then is these are shapeshifters then who knows. Case for them being 1610 Skrulls, "the Chicpeas" or whatever they named them cause Skrull wasn't cool enough for them, grows stronger. (Still hoping for the Ruul Kree, but that's just me)

They'll always be the Redacted to me.

As to the trailers images, it could be a simple palette swap in the computer to give the aliens the Frost Giant color as a red herring.

And if that is the shape of the Redacted, revealed in after all this secrecy by a board game, someone is really ticked off this morning, and someone else could be looking for work.

Can I just say that all this secrecy and (if it is the Skrulls) outright LYING by the movie people is just plain ridiculous? I mean, is there any one person out there that would be less excited if Joss Whedon had just said "Oh, they're going to fight Skrulls"? And now they look like bozos for having their big secret spoiled by their own toy line.

The moral of the story, kids: secrets are never good.