UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changey trousers Hulk, and Iron Man definitely had the triangle (DIDN'T have the circle) reactor in the first trailer (haven't seen the superbowl slot)

I do think, with the big need for secrecy surrounding films like this, that the reference stuff the toy companies are giving must end up being early concept stuff.

that or everyone spends the whole film getting changed.

Having covered this industry for years before joining DST, I can tell you that most toy companies work from early reference material. Minimates have a bit more leeway due to their relatively quick production time, but our movie Cap and Skull Marvel Selects were based on early costumes/renderings, hence the mask and face differences, and our Hawkeye uses data from before he had the sunglasses. DST has often had to pass on lines because we wouldn't have enough time to develop the product given the status of the reference art.

Iron Man, however, wears two different armors in the movie. Our Minimate is based on the Mark VII, with the circle. We're not making a Select of it, but we're re-issuing the Mark VI with the triangle.

Theoretically.

Both the triangle and circle can be spotted in the extended Superbowl spot:

Changey trousers Hulk, and Iron Man definitely had the triangle (DIDN'T have the circle) reactor in the first trailer (haven't seen the superbowl slot)

I do think, with the big need for secrecy surrounding films like this, that the reference stuff the toy companies are giving must end up being early concept stuff.

that or everyone spends the whole film getting changed.

i am convinced its the chitauri, good loophole way of doing skrulls, also makes sense seeing as the skrulls made the first cosmic cube and are the reason the ultimate avengers joined together (in the animated movie)

I'm not easily moved, especially by movie trailers, but that preview is stunning . I first read Avengers in 1965 all those years ago & it would have been inconceivable that a live-action movie of this standard would ever be made .

Downey makes me smile from ear to ear every time I see him ,he was born for the part .

Having covered this industry for years before joining DST, I can tell you that most toy companies work from early reference material. Minimates have a bit more leeway due to their relatively quick production time, but our movie Cap and Skull Marvel Selects were based on early costumes/renderings, hence the mask and face differences, and our Hawkeye uses data from before he had the sunglasses. DST has often had to pass on lines because we wouldn't have enough time to develop the product given the status of the reference art.

Iron Man, however, wears two different armors in the movie. Our Minimate is based on the Mark VII, with the circle. We're not making a Select of it, but we're re-issuing the Mark VI with the triangle.

thanks for the info Zach, it certainly wasn't a criticism, just an assumption (and justification when necessary, I suppose).

Both the triangle and circle can be spotted in the extended Superbowl spot:

well spotted. Perhaps everyone will spend the entire film getting changed. Perhaps a Widow shower scene.... perhaps.

oh, Hulk looks so cool, love him. That's a beast you wouldn't want to mess with. He could be wearing a thong for all I care. I know its not entirely relevant to the thread, but the Marvel Select Hulk is, quite frankly... incredible. Might be the first MS figure I purchase.

I can't make heads or tails of these creatures, but for some reason, when I see them all I can think of is the newer redesign of Death's Head cyborg from a few years back.

AvengersAliens.jpg

129056-49641-death-s-head-3-0_large.jpg

The head kind of looks like Death's Head II, from the 90's.

dhminion5.jpg

Wait, I think I figured it out, the "REDACTED" are the ThunderCats!!!!! :tongue:

AvengersThundercats.jpg

Edited by youbastards

The aliens look Chitauriish to me... Like enough that it could EASILY be them... Think of it... Chitauri bodies with Skrull heads and that just looks like those aliens.

Anyway I wish Fox hadn't sold the rights to Namor off. He SHOULD be the secondary villain of this film. Introduce him in Cap with the whole Invaders thing and then bring him in as Loki's unwitting pawn for The Avengers. Oh well. Aliens work. And they will probably kick ass.

@ Youbastards: Could those be Frost Giants? The one in the middle looks like kind of like one, wearing a helmet.

I think it's funny, in that scene where they're all standing back to back in a circle, getting their weapons ready, and the Black Widow... reloads her gun. She's gotta be thinking "what the !@# am I doing here with just a gun?" :biggrin:

I agree with BHM... for a comics fan, this is a dream come true. And Marvel's done it right, by setting up the big one with what are essentially standalone prequels. This better be good!

@Hellpop, that's kind of what I'm thinking now too and looking over the scenes in the 1080p trailer. Loki takes over as ruler of the Frost Giants (he did kill Laufey) and uses tech created by the Cosmic Cube to bring them to Earth? Maybe promise them a new 'realm' to rule since Jotunheim is in ruin? Thor has to get back somehow too, right? This could also back up the thing I read a while back about Red Skull making an appearance.

Really excited for the MKVII armor, check out the thrusters on the back and the weapons on the shoulders!

Mark7.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I think it's funny, in that scene where they're all standing back to back in a circle, getting their weapons ready, and the Black Widow... reloads her gun. She's gotta be thinking "what the !@# am I doing here with just a gun?" :biggrin:

What about Hawkeye? Standing next to freakin' Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man, dude has a bow and arrow. But then, that was always the case in the comics, as well.

What about Hawkeye? Standing next to freakin' Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man, dude has a bow and arrow. But then, that was always the case in the comics, as well.

[Removes DST cap, puts on fanboy cap] Every Avenger has their strengths and weaknesses -- for example, Thor does NOT do stealth. But I have to say, I have never questioned how Hawkeye measured up against the other Avengers. Not only have I always found him to be a badass, he's a man with a tool, like Cap or Iron Man or even Thor. Sure, Cap is physically superior, Iron Man's tool is more expensive, and Thor's is magical, but Hawkeye has precision on his side, and I always figured he could take down an alien ship with a well-placed exploding arrowhead as easily as Thor could with his hammer.

Also, I like his costume. :biggrin: And even a hint of maroon in his movie suit is enough for me.

But yeah, unless she has a bandolier of grenades, Widow is outclassed in that fight.

But yeah, unless she has a bandolier of grenades, Widow is outclassed in that fight.

she too, may have fancy ammo

I suppose, there is no reason Loki's army has to be one species / race.

If the secret villain turns out to be Thanos, the aliens can just be a rabble of space pirates. The same could hold true for Kang having an army of many different races of aliens from throughout time... Just throwing that out there...

... see, this guy knows

Zach, will DST be revealing silhouetted versions of Maria and the REDACTED soon? It would be nice to at least see their outlines. :)

I don't think were allowed to show the redacted silho's. May 4 may very well be the first real look at them. That may change, but probably not.

Maria Hill is cleared on March 1, it seems, so we'll show her then. Her silhouette is nothing special. Honestly.

for the most part. save for Captain America. I rarely have bought movie minimates (some exceptions here and there). but I have to say from what I have seen I will be buying all of these. very nicely done DST. it says a lot to the product quality that I want repeats of figure I am (no offense) drowning in. so Zach. nice job !!

Sorry to bombard you with questions Zach, but it's hard to contain ones self when in the presence of an 'insider'.

Q: Do you know if DST will be releasing an Army Builder dump bin as it did with the Cap A, IM2 & Thor movies?

(apologies if this has already been asked)

Downey makes me smile from ear to ear every time I see him ,he was born for the part .

Well, he did live all the research for the role. (young talent hailed as a genius in his field who has repeatedly struggled with his addictions and ego that threaten to undo him)

Hawkeye is my favorite hero. Period. When I was a kid, I liked Hawkeye for his smart mouth, and trick arrows and his was in my top ten, but near the bottom. Then I came to really appreciate what Clint reprisents. He has no super soldier serum, no genius intellect, no godly might, heart shaped herbs, mutant ability, or science spawned powers. Clint Barton earned his spot literally among gods through nothing but hard work and courage. Yes, he has the trick arrows and they certainly add to his versatility, but he's dangerous with just a quiver of standard target points. And unlike a lot of characters in comics, Hawkeye has definitely evolved and grown, and been allowed to retain those changes when so many other characters have been pushed back to more "familiar" phases of their life. Yes, he's still a hot head, and still leaps long before he looks, but he's gone from team rebel and trouble maker to a relieable and capable team leader. And one might think he over-estimates his abilities, but he's almost always survived and thrived, Bendis not withstanding. I think those are atributes to be admired.

As to the identity of the blurry aliens falling from the sky... YB's right, they do look more like Death's Head III/Warguards than anything else. Could still be the 1610 Skrulls, or teched up Frost Giants. Or since they are blueish, they could be Kree.