UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I heard they're holding out additional characters for Super Marvel v. Capcom 3. No joke.

As much as this sucks for those that already bought MvC3, it really helps the chances of getting more waves of minimates for this line.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I say that I was surprised at how few characters MvC 3 had and it would totally make sense for them to be holding out for an update. I think there were some bigger names missing from the game that wuld definitely make it into a super version. Or I'm just wishfully thinking.

As much as I'd like to hear the final releases for this line, I'm more waiting to hear if DST will be tapping into the other games since they have the license.

Can I say that I was surprised at how few characters MvC 3 had and it would totally make sense for them to be holding out for an update. I think there were some bigger names missing from the game that would definitely make it into a super version. Or I'm just wishfully thinking.

That's the main reason why I didn't buy this game. As I know I've said many-a-time before, I'm a HUGE fan of some of Capcom's various franchises and was frankly dissapointed at how "mainstream" MVC3 was compared to MVC2, which as well as having more obscure characters like Hayato, also had three new characters (though one was based off an old Capcom game), while Capcom Fighting Jam and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom also used other obscure characters with intersting designs that would make great minimates IMO. As much as I am looking forward to these minimates, I do feel the MvC3 licence is salt in the wound as, at this moment in time, I don't think it's likely I'll see a Strider or Captain Commando minimate.

As much as I'd like to hear the final releases for this line, I'm more waiting to hear if DST will be tapping into the other games since they have the license.

There have been rumours/implications that the line will have MvC2 (and maybe MvC1?) but nothing solid has surfaced as far as I know.

There have been rumours/implications that the line will have MvC2 (and maybe MvC1?) but nothing solid has surfaced as far as I know.

I think it was mentioned in an Ask DST session that the license did include the previous games in the franchise (Much the way the T2 license seemed to include characters from T1), however DST have shown no signs of acting on this so far . . .

I think it was mentioned in an Ask DST session that the license did include the previous games in the franchise (Much the way the T2 license seemed to include characters from T1), however DST have shown no signs of acting on this so far . . .

My guess is they are waiting to see if sales match the online buzz. If these take off the way GB did, then I think you'll see them dipping into the previous games. Which I haven't seen in long enough that I could not reliably tell you who was in them.

Wasn't there an Avengers: Galactic Storm coin-op for a brief time back in the day? It was around the time MvC1 and in the same style allegedly, but I never saw it personally. Man, I remember seeing the original Marvel fighting game coin-op, with Thanos as the end guy, and thinkg that was the stuff. Soooo much cooler than the X-Men fighter. Ah memories.

@ MiryMate:

from the realms of previously unreleased Marvel characters, the MVC franchise would have access to Silver Samurai, Spiral, Blackheart, Marrow & Onslaught. (All of which i'd be more than happy to see get MiniMates)

My worry is that if they do did into the previous games for characters, that we are going to be seeing a lot more of Venom, Cyclops, War Machine, Dr Doom etc . . . (although, he could do with a really good modern version) & not so much of the characters we're still missing from the Marvel line.

Still - the promise of Dormammu & MODOK gives he reason enough to hope i may be wrong. . .

@Nessex

Well Cyclops & Doom are in the current game, so low odds they'd be repeated. I think the only reason to access the older versions of the game would be to pick up characters that aren't included this time around. I'd be willing to see another Venom or War Machine if it meant Silver Samurai and the others you mentioned.

Hmm. MODOK, It will be very interesting on how they made him. In all honesty, I am lukewarm on this wave. It s like one figure makes my day, but the other one makes it a little bland. I'm all for variety, even a little bit of it ( your talking to a guy that has almost every Iron Man mate released, even the ones with the slight differences ) But in all honesty, I'll end up buying the whole series. At the very least we are getting some new mates and updated mates. One thing though, the new hulk doesn't really blow my skirt up like the way the guy being interviewed in the AA blog made it sound. So many various files for a figure that looks OK, IMHO. But to each their own.

Has anyone done any research or thinking on when a new series of mates are released do other more estabilished lines (i.e. Mavrel Minis) suffer.

I'm trying to think about when the DC line exisited did we get different/cutting edge mates.

Just what I have been thinking since hearing this series was going to happen. I'm for it if we continue to get Marvel Minis (and not the re-hassings)

Has anyone done any research or thinking on when a new series of mates are released do other more estabilished lines (i.e. Mavrel Minis) suffer.

I'm trying to think about when the DC line exisited did we get different/cutting edge mates.

Just what I have been thinking since hearing this series was going to happen. I'm for it if we continue to get Marvel Minis (and not the re-hassings)

Well looking back at when we got Ghostbusters... we got some of the best Marvel minis yet while Ghostbusters was being hyped if memory serves correctly. Now I don't remember if there was suffering when a line this similar to Marvel's line was released though...

I was thinking about this line and, while I understand not doing this, I think it would have been much nicer to see a line plan like this:

LCS wave 1:

Pack A

Pack B - Player 2

Pack C - LCS Exclusive

Pack D - LCS Exclusive

TRU wave 1:

Pack A - Player 2

Pack B

Pack E - TRU Exclusive

Pack F - TRU Exclusive

With the con-exclusives/ 4-packs being Player 2 (or 3/4) versions of the LCS and TRU exclusives.

This would actually give incentive for people to buy 8 packs of minimates, instead of only buying 6 and leaving packs to peg-warm. Which, IMHO, only leads to increased prices and perception of lack of interest.

Any way, I am really excited for this line and cannot wait to see all the great mates we get!

I noticed in the most recent Q&A Blog chuck said MVC3 minimates would debut at SDCC with TWO exclusive box sets...?

First I'm hearing of two. I know about the Deadpool/Phoenix/Dante/Arthur set... did they announce the other one? Did I miss it? Is this news to anyone besides me?

Though now as I think about it more... I'm less excited, because I would assume it wouldn't be a great stretch for the second boxed set to be Player 2 versions of the other 4 Wave 1 characters... Dangit... Another Iron Man variant incoming...

I noticed in the most recent Q&A Blog chuck said MVC3 minimates would debut at SDCC with TWO exclusive box sets...?

First I'm hearing of two. I know about the Deadpool/Phoenix/Dante/Arthur set... did they announce the other one? Did I miss it? Is this news to anyone besides me?

Though now as I think about it more... I'm less excited, because I would assume it wouldn't be a great stretch for the second boxed set to be Player 2 versions of the other 4 Wave 1 characters... Dangit... Another Iron Man variant incoming...

mvc4.jpg

mvc3.jpg

Blue Blazes!

Suffering Shad!

Sweet Christmas!

Oh My Stars and Garters!

Heard you guys mention these a coule times but hadn't seen them. I don't suppose I could interest one of you game only guys into going in halves with me on this set? Ya know, you keep the Capcoms, I'll keep the Marvels? Just a thought. Money seems to evaporating rapidly.

great way to get a bulked up Red Hulk. I really hope the reds match up because I like the face and hair better from the original

More garbage to add on the pile of unwanted minimates. A great opportunity to make dozens of more characters, and they make f@*%ing repaints. As a collector who buys and owns every single marvel mate there is, this is a very disappointing turn.