UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Actually, I'm not surprised that they didn't show all of the characters since they left a character out in the first wave pics in the beginning (Arthur?).

This is a nice line up and my money is on the Spidey and Wolverine serts to be the ones duplicated at TRU and Cap and Hulk being the big names in wave 3.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'm not surprised that they didn't show all of the characters since they left a character out in the first wave pics in the beginning (Arthur?).

This is a nice line up and my money is on the Spidey and Wolverine serts to be the ones duplicated at TRU and Cap and Hulk being the big names in wave 3.

but hulks in TRU wave one right? O.o

but hulks in TRU wave one right? O.o

Yes he is , I meant Thor. :sweat:

"Look for these to be released on October 26, 2011."

Isn't wave 1 due in October? Must be a typo...

It's ToyNewsInternational, they're not exactly a bastion of journalistic integrity, they probably assume Wave 1 is hitting around Comic Con with the box sets and decided the October date flooting around was then by that logic for Wave 2.

Also, here's who's left:

-Captain America

-Akuma

-Wesker

-Doctor Doom

-Amaterasu

-Chun-Li

-M.O.D.O.K.

-Felicia

-Sentinel

-Hsien-Ko

-She-Hulk

-Shuma-Goratha

-Nathan Spencer

-Ryu

-Taskmaster

-Thor

-Tron Bonne

-X-23

Interesting note: Assuming TRU gets 2 exclusive packs for this wave, and Wave 3 is also made up of 2 joint packs, 2 LCS exclusives, and 2 TRU exclusives we will get everyone but TWO characters... which actually does line up with what DSTs said at... Toy Fair or C2E2 I forgot which... that we'd get everyone over 3 waves but they said they would exclude characters who couldn't work as minimates.

and those two characters? Calling it now: Shuma and Tron Bonne.

Shuma can't be made as a minimate since he has no parts a minimate has and is an odd shape to cheat it with a torso and head stuffed into a Shuma suit or something, and Tron's mech suit is probably too complicated to make work in a 2 pack context what with it being basically it's own character in his style. (although a "4 pack" of Tron, a PVC in scale Shuma 'accessory pet', Tron's Mech, and a 2 inch Galactus that's a different deco from the Herald's set would be nice...)

and those two characters? Calling it now: Shuma and Tron Bonne.

Shuma can't be made as a minimate since he has no parts a minimate has and is an odd shape to cheat it with a torso and head stuffed into a Shuma suit or something, and Tron's mech suit is probably too complicated to make work in a 2 pack context what with it being basically it's own character in his style. (although a "4 pack" of Tron, a PVC in scale Shuma 'accessory pet', Tron's Mech, and a 2 inch Galactus that's a different deco from the Herald's set would be nice...)

One thought - the Subway Ghost is hardly minimate shapped but was still made (though granted mine is still in the box so I don't have it on me to check). Now granted Shuma may be more complex than the Subway Ghost but I feel if DST can make the Subway Ghost, they can make Shuma and Tron.

Edited by pawcanada

i think if they expand a little they can make everyone, i have complete faith in MODOK coming out of this since hes closer to a mate then shuma, plus if they can make a head as big as the boogy man they can do one for MODOK :D

as for tron, it would be cool to see it as a vehicle in the MAX line :D

shuma could be something along the lines of slimer, a body with a slip over sculpt with some sculpted arms on a flight stand :D

That mask on Wolverine looks TERRIBLE :yucky: ! Why use that mask, rather then the wave 28 mask? And where are his pointy boots? Hopefully, we'll get those things sorted out by the time of the release.

I agree completely. With as many Wolverines as they release you would think they could justify a new modern wolverine mask that would look right.

That mask on Wolverine looks TERRIBLE :yucky: ! Why use that mask, rather then the wave 28 mask? And where are his pointy boots? Hopefully, we'll get those things sorted out by the time of the release.

I agree completely. With as many Wolverines as they release you would think they could justify a new modern wolverine mask that would look right.

they did, it comes in the curse of the mutants set :P

"Look for these to be released on October 26, 2011."

Isn't wave 1 due in October? Must be a typo...

It's ToyNewsInternational, they're not exactly a bastion of journalistic integrity, they probably assume Wave 1 is hitting around Comic Con with the box sets and decided the October date flooting around was then by that logic for Wave 2.

No, they got it from here:

http://toychestnews.com/default.asp?t=3&s=870&sn=STK448200

I'm actually kind of surprised Viper was specialty. But I guess Super Skrull makes sense as a specialty market figure seeing as it gets the army builders. Not as excited as the previously announced waves, but I still like. Except that horrible Wolverine mask...

Looks like they want to do a blue and yellow equivalent of this eyesore:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1128&n=Brown+Wolverine

Personally, I think they got the Wolvie mask just right (sculpt and tampo-wise) with this:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=898&n=Wolverine

Not sure why they don't stick with it.

With a little luck, the yellows will be a close enough match. The older mask is a winner. The newer one not so much. Will the vampire Wolverine be coming with a mask? In pics it's had the nifty cowl piece, but I don't think we've seen it wearing a mask.

I'm glad to finally be getting a proper Whedon-run AXM Wolvie, but that mask... I'm just going to have to mod the Secret Invasion mask a bit and use that. His mask had those stubbier fins in this costume. He hasn't had the big ol' wing fins on his mask for about ten years.

With a little luck, the yellows will be a close enough match. The older mask is a winner. The newer one not so much. Will the vampire Wolverine be coming with a mask? In pics it's had the nifty cowl piece, but I don't think we've seen it wearing a mask.

wolverinevamp.jpg

Okay... this may have been covered ad-nausea earlier, but I was looking as the Design sheets for MvC3 over at Headquarters (for about the billionth time since they leaked) and I noticed something on Super Skrull

Take a look for yourself here

It says no reused parts. Odd since I don't remember seeing the big hammer hand anywhere before. But it lists that part as coming from Mr. Fantastic, TRU wave 6. (list is in the lower left corner) Which was in fact the "stretch attack" Reed that came with WW Hulk, and was the first use of the stretched legs base. The Promo art for K'lirt shows him with both. Now I like me the stretched torso base, don't get me wrong, but I think I'd have rather them gone with plan A last March.

And he still better come with the flame and thing hand accessories. (clear feet optional as I haven't developed any more a taste for phasing figures as I ever have)

The only thing I can hope for with these is that they are easily accessible compared to the Street Fighter ones.

Being that they will be in TRU stores is a big plus, but having seen a lot of waves not appear at some of them I have visited kind of leaves me with a bit of concern.

Okay... this may have been covered ad-nausea earlier, but I was looking as the Design sheets for MvC3 over at Headquarters (for about the billionth time since they leaked) and I noticed something on Super Skrull

Take a look for yourself here

It says no reused parts. Odd since I don't remember seeing the big hammer hand anywhere before. But it lists that part as coming from Mr. Fantastic, TRU wave 6. (list is in the lower left corner) Which was in fact the "stretch attack" Reed that came with WW Hulk, and was the first use of the stretched legs base. The Promo art for K'lirt shows him with both. Now I like me the stretched torso base, don't get me wrong, but I think I'd have rather them gone with plan A last March.

And he still better come with the flame and thing hand accessories. (clear feet optional as I haven't developed any more a taste for phasing figures as I ever have)

It might have come with this guy:

My link

But it's hard to tell from the picture.

It might have come with this guy:

My link

But it's hard to tell from the picture.

The arm in the promo picture looks very different from either SM3 Sandman. The hand itself looks more like the right hand of those guys in shape, but the arm itself looks slimmer, and it's the left arm that's extended. I'd say photo flipped, but the "curl" of the torso base looks correct. And in the model sheet, it's clearly a different piece that may or may not have an elbow joint.

What are the alternate verions in game of the four Marvel folks mentioned, so we know what our possible variations are for the "player 2" versions?

Spidey: Symbiote, Iron Spider, "Big Time"

Wolverine: Brown, X-Force, AOA color scheme

Skrull: Ultimates (black and white), gray skin with yellow and black, red and gray outfit

Storm: white, red, black with red cape

Some pretty boring and forgettable alt. looks with this bunch IMO