UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Spidey: Symbiote, Iron Spider, "Big Time"

Wolverine: Brown, X-Force, AOA color scheme

Skrull: Ultimates (black and white), gray skin with yellow and black, red and gray outfit

Storm: white, red, black with red cape

Some pretty boring and forgettable alt. looks with this bunch IMO

Oy. No kiding.

My guesses would be

Iron Spider

AoA Color scheme

Ultimates Skrull

red Storm

Mostly because they either have not been done in a long time, Iron Spidey, or would just look really different. Which is a shame, cause the Skrull would look AWSOME in all flame, or maybe all clear. Just saying.

Edited by Mirymate

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, these characters are great and all...but....WHERE'S WESKER?! This series of figures better not end without me getting a Wesker minimate.

I think he's wave 2, so we have to buy as much of wave 1 as possible to get him :<

Spidey: Symbiote, Iron Spider, "Big Time"

Wolverine: Brown, X-Force, AOA color scheme

Skrull: Ultimates (black and white), gray skin with yellow and black, red and gray outfit

Storm: white, red, black with red cape

Some pretty boring and forgettable alt. looks with this bunch IMO

Oy. No kiding.

My guesses would be

Iron Spider

AoA Color scheme

Ultimates Skrull

red Storm

Mostly because they either have not been done in a long time, Iron Spidey, or would just look really different. Which is a shame, cause the Skrull would look AWSOME in all flame, or maybe all clear. Just saying.

There really ARE some boring/pointless alternate costumes in this bunch. Storm in particular seems to have some really wasted opporunities in this game. Why not Jim Lee or AoA costume, i ask???

I REALLY hope we do NOT get an Iron Spider variant UNLESS they are gonna give him his extra legs (which is unlikely as they do not feature in the game). To receive two variants of him with neither being accurate to the original costume would be sucky in this collectors book.

Still - i AM mostly happy with the variants we've seen so far. Bulked up Rulk is a great idea. As is White Phoenix & X-Men Deadpool. It seems like they are trying to satisfy the comic book fans with the variants.

I REALLY hope we do NOT get an Iron Spider variant UNLESS they are gonna give him his extra legs (which is unlikely as they do not feature in the game).

And Iron Spidey better NOT have a slip on mask.

Let me be clear-er, I have no great love of Iron Spidey. But we just got Big Time, and already have two black costume Spideys. (not that repeating the same Spidey with only tiny changes has ever slowed them down with the red and blue) The other really viable option would be Big Time in red instead of green. <_<

I REALLY hope we do NOT get an Iron Spider variant UNLESS they are gonna give him his extra legs (which is unlikely as they do not feature in the game).

he better have one. I like them. why the hate for slip ons?

Edited by Webhead

To me, it makes his head look too big. I don't hate all slip ons, but I don't feel it works on a Spidey.

Gotcha. I like it on black in black though. I would be happy with iron spider with the arms and just good tampos!

To me, it makes his head look too big. I don't hate all slip ons, but I don't feel it works on a Spidey.

For the most part, I agree. However, I think a lot of it has to do with the spacing of the eyes/face. I think this looks fine, as does this.

I also don't like that it leaves an area of exposed "flesh" at the bottom of the head. Spidey's not supposed to have any flesh showing, anywhere. For most of my Spideys that have the slip on, I've replaced the Peter Parker head underneath with an extra red head.

For the most part, I agree. However, I think a lot of it has to do with the spacing of the eyes/face. I think this looks fine, as does this.

SW spidey is one of my favs. the slip on looks great on him. And that is a perfect batman...

Here Here!

And just for those keeping score, we've seen Model Sheets but no announcement for Chun Li, Amaterasu, Ryu, Felicia, Taskmaster, and X-23.

We've seen no definitive sign for Captain America, Dr. Doom, She-Hulk, MODOK, Sentinel, Shuma-Garth, Thor, Akuma, Hsien-Ko, Spencer, Tron Bonne, and Whesker.

Does that mean there's a great chance of the first six showing up? Not sure. Looks like the only thing having a leaked model sheet means is we have a bit more idea about what the final product might look like.

Edited by Mirymate

Here Here!

And just for those keeping score, we've seen Model Sheets but no announcement for Chun Li, Amaterasu, Ryu, Felicia, Taskmaster, and X-23.

We've seen no definitive sign for Captain America, Dr. Doom, She-Hulk, MODOK, Sentinel, Shuma-Garth, Thor, Akuma, Hsien-Ko, Spencer, Tron Bonne, and Whesker.

Does that mean there's a great chance of the first six showing up? Not sure. Looks like the only thing having a leaked model sheet means is we have a bit more idea about what the final product might look like.

Agreed. It gives me hope actually. Since the model sheets we saw didn't include Storm, etc . . . that we'll get more characters that we've not seen previews of. (She also wasn't previewed at any of the Con's either!)

I'd be really happy to see an updated She-Hulk & Red-She-Hulk variant. And i wouldn't say 'no' to a MVC3 Style sentinel if they can pull it off without it being the same as the Wave 33 one.

And i'll second supporting the line through the the Cap/Hulk/Spider-men if it means we see a MODOK :thumbsup:

Here Here!

Wesker and Cap had Prototypes shown, so i'm assuming they'll be part of the TRU version of this wave.