UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I think it's a pretty cool thing. I'd probably be a little more upset if I wanted these guys, but I think it's a nice little bonus and might get some people interested in getting the Ghostbusters 'mates. Also, I do think that we won't have too much of a problem getting these loose on eBay. I'm sure there will be plenty of buyers looking to recoup their cost by selling off the extras they don't want.

I don't know if that's very likely to happen... I've been reading a lot of forums where people are almost 100% complaining about this Special Edition. It costs over twice the price of the normal game, and comes with very little in terms of what an average videogamer wants. Really, I think the people buying this pack will be the ones who WANT all the stuff included. Because otherwise, well, they could save themselves $70 that they're not gonna make back...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate to say this, especially given the $130 price tag, the Slimmer edition does seem to come with a lot of bonus items. I love the minimates, but really like the Slimmer statue and key-chain as well. From the promos I've seen, the game looks like it could be extremely good as well. I think I'll be waiting for this to go down a little more, but it's one that I'll be tracking for a while.

If this game is the "Slimer" edition, how come Slimer isn't one of the 4 ghosts packed in. We've all seen the Slimer prototype and we know he won't be included in either GB boxed set. So naturally where should he go? Hmmmm.... just an observation.

It comes with a Slimer Bust which given how much minibust cost is probably the second most expensive item in the pack:

-Game: $50

-Bust: $50

-Minimates: $20

-Key-Chain: $10 (?! it does have lights and sound!)

Total: $130!

Since the Bust makes up most of the cost it gets second billing!

a better name would be "Ecto-Platnium Edition" edition, since Ghost are made of Ectoplasm and 5 of the 6 add ins are ghost related and the 6th is the Ecto-1, all tied together in a stupid pun!! But what do I know.

If this game is the "Slimer" edition, how come Slimer isn't one of the 4 ghosts packed in. We've all seen the Slimer prototype and we know he won't be included in either GB boxed set. So naturally where should he go? Hmmmm.... just an observation.

It comes with a Slimer Bust which given how much minibust cost is probably the second most expensive item in the pack:

-Minimates: $20

Since the Bust makes up most of the cost it gets second billing!

a better name would be "Ecto-Platnium Edition" edition, since Ghost are made of Ectoplasm and 5 of the 6 add ins are ghost related and the 6th is the Ecto-1, all tied together in a stupid pun!! But what do I know.

You saying that the Minimates are to you worth $20 dollars for the four or $20 each.

You saying that the Minimates are to you worth $20 dollars for the four or $20 each.

Oh, oh, oh, let me try this one:

:geek:

-Minimates: $20 [all four mates]

That's 130 dollars. In case he'd suggest each 'mate is worth 20$ his total would be:

50$

+50$

+80$ (4x20$)

+20$

-------

200$

And no, that's not what the Doctor calculated, since the amazon.com price is 130$. So his calculation above seems to be the one he thought of, regarding all four 'mates are worth 20$$.

:P

Oh, oh, oh, let me try this one:

:geek:

-Minimates: $20 [all four mates]

That's 130 dollars. In case he'd suggest each 'mate is worth 20$ his total would be:

50$

+50$

+80$ (4x20$)

+20$

-------

200$

And no, that's not what the Doctor calculated, since the amazon.com price is 130$. So his calculation above seems to be the one he thought of, regarding all four 'mates are worth 20$$.

:P

well since the sdcc boxsets are being priced at $20 thats a fair price...then you look at the Wii version for $110 and that seems a bit more affordable...aside from exchange rates right now of course :P

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah, they look very cool, but these aren't important Ghostbusters characters or anything (in fact, I don't remember seeing any of them in the movie at all--guessing they are video game characters). Given the price, I'll probably just hold off an see if they pop up on EBay for a reasonable price. I would pay $20 or so for them.

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks for the link punisher=D. I really like the ghost that looks like floating rocks with an eyeball. It's just so obscure. I see a lot of reused minimate parts in those ghosts, like Ultimate Sabretooth's hair, Sand Saref's evening gown (lower half), movie Blob's chest/gut piece, Sinestro's head (I think), movie Venom's hands, Hulk's new chest piece and Lobo's hook and chain.

I just placed my pre-order. Thankfully, I was planning on getting the game ANYWAY, but the Minimates make the whole thing all the more sweeter.

Sure, I wish I didn't have to shell-out the extra scratch just to get the exclusive 'mates (I have no interest in the keychain nor the bust), but I really did want more ghosts to go next to the guys in my display for them. Once I'm done playing the game, I'm sure I'll appreciate these figures even MORE since I'm sure they're featured/key characters in the game's plot.

Thanks for the link punisher=D. I really like the ghost that looks like floating rocks with an eyeball. It's just so obscure. I see a lot of reused minimate parts in those ghosts, like Ultimate Sabretooth's hair, Sand Saref's evening gown (lower half), movie Blob's chest/gut piece, Sinestro's head (I think), movie Venom's hands, Hulk's new chest piece and Lobo's hook and chain.

Hey, actually I think that's movie Abomination's chest(look at the way it comes up around the back of the neck.) I could be wrong, though I'm pretty sure. :)

I've already placed my order. The way I see it, I was going to get the game anyway, so I only have to justify half of the asking price. A 4-pack of 'mates usually runs in the neighborhood of $20-$25, which is a good chunk of the excessive cost. I'll probably sell or give away the Slimer bust, which will either recoup some of the cost or at least justify buying the thing as a gift.

Overall, I've plunked down more money for less Minimates than this, so it isn't that critical to me.

So the red Stay Puft in the background is the "chase" exclusive? And is that Slimer I see in the distance?

Sigh... if only we could have dioramas like that for all our 'mates... :lol:

So the red Stay Puft in the background is the "chase" exclusive? And is that Slimer I see in the distance?

Sigh... if only we could have dioramas like that for all our 'mates... :lol:

could you imagine a danger room one for the x-men??? *drool*

ahhh! I just saw the diorama again.

aw damn it! I wish i'd have missed the section with all that $130 madness.

now I have to buy it x_x

damn you amazon

Edited by killcharlesdead

I'm getting one and I don't own any of the game consoles. I ordered the Wii version since it's the cheapest. I don't know how easy it will be to get these minimates on ebay after it's released. I don't see people who want the game paying for the slimer bust and/or keychain and selling the minimates. Maybe a few, but not too many. I'd rather take my chances selling the game, or just giving it to a friend, and selling the other stuff to make some money back. Either way, I think the minimates look great!