• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

I'd guess wave 48 is comic-based (we're due for a Spidey wave) in December/January, 49 is IM3 in April, and 50 hits around August of next year.

No, we are NOT "due" for another Spidey wave!!!! We just had a great one, it's someone else's turn! (FF preferably)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Werewolf Cap is, so far, the only minimate I have voted for that even has a chance at this point. I think every character I have voted on is in last place within each bracket. Who doesn't want Mindless Ones?! No Gladiator?!

I very closely considered both of those... But my love of Translucent accessories pushed me to pick SongBird over Gladiator. And i was lucky enough to grab a custom Mindless One from Luke - so i went with Warwolves & Mandroids.

Hey Zach, what 2 would you vote for in each poll? Who are your faves other than Cap Wolf?

Multiple Man and Stepford Cuckoos for me.

My dream series:

Capwolf/Wrecker

Hydro Iron Man/Winter Soldier

Songbird/Mindless One

Screaming Mimi/Mindless One

And we'll see how the numbers fall next year. Series 50 may need to get leapfrogged by 51 and maybe 52 for movie purposes.

I just want Falcon.. but unless Marvel.com users are big fans of Super Hero Squad, he probably will not be making the cut. ..though he does show up in EMH and it looks like he will be a main cast member of the new Avengers animated series.. so.. there is hope.

Also, I liked Songbird because she was a playable character in MUA2 and in the rare event my wife would play the game with me, she would always be Songbird.

hmm.. looks like I was voting based on Hard Light Feathers.. weird.

For the most part I would like to see Zachs picks make it.. if Falcon could somehow fit in there. :)

Edited by The Vox

I'm calling it. Waves 48 and 49 will be Fantastic Four and Hulk waves. Moloids will be an army builder. FF villain will be Puppet Master.

(coughIronMan3cough)

Im3 comes out in may.

IM3 toy designs will be embargoed until at least Toy Fair 2013. They've probably started design but they won't actually hit until after wave 50. The next three released waves will be comic if my trusty magic eight ball is correct.

The next four waves, you mean? 47 (X-men comics wave), 48 (?), 49 (?), 50 (Fan choice comics wave). Seems unlikely. Based on previous release schedules, I don't think they would be able to push out those four waves plus a fifth IM3 movie wave between September (when 47 is supposed to hit) and early to mid April (the month-or-so lead time they've been giving movie-based waves).

I'd guess wave 48 is comic-based (we're due for a Spidey wave) in December/January, 49 is IM3 in April, and 50 hits around August of next year.

Not sure how you are counting only four waves between now and next May. Let's take a look at the release schedule leading up to Avengers:

Wave 40 released 6/1/11 compares to wave 46 released June 2012 (movie Spidey)

Wave 41 released 8/17/11 = wave 47 in mid August 2012 (comic xmen)

Wave 42 released 11/23/11 = wave 48 in late November for holiday shopping (comic fantastic four) synergy with TRU wave (comic space?)

Wave 43 released 2/21/11 = wave 49 in feb 2013 (comic hulk wave)

Best of Wave released 2/21/11 = ?????

Wave 44 released 5/2/11 = wave 50 (fan comic wave)

Wave 45 released 5/9/11 = wave 51 (im3)

They could release another Best of Wave and still get 50 out before the movie wave.

Hey Zach, what 2 would you vote for in each poll? Who are your faves other than Cap Wolf?

My dream series:

Capwolf/Wrecker

Songbird/Mindless One

And we'll see how the numbers fall next year. Series 50 may need to get leapfrogged by 51 and maybe 52 for movie purposes.

Followed up by:

Team X Wolvie/Mojo

Ghost Rider/Falcon

Banshee/Madrox

Sunfire/Madrox

Come on Zach, make it happen! Nothing wrong with a little ballot box stuffing among friends!

My dream series:

Capwolf/Wrecker

Hydro Iron Man/Winter Soldier :thumbsup:

Songbird/Mindless One

Wake up Zach & have some caffeinated coffee .

I am really tired, actually. Did I goof? I did goof. Replace Winter Soldier with Gladiator. Much better. ZZZZZZZZZZ

My dream series:

Capwolf/Wrecker

Songbird/Mindless One

Oh god yes. Of all the potential variants from this poll that's the one I want.

Edited by blizzerd

My dream series:

Capwolf/Wrecker

Hydro Iron Man/Winter Soldier :thumbsup:

Songbird/Mindless One

Wake up Zach & have some caffeinated coffee .

I am really tired, actually. Did I goof? I did goof. Replace Winter Soldier with Gladiator. Much better. ZZZZZZZZZZ

You just made the list, buster brown.

My votes would make a wave that looks something like this:

Ghost Rider / Savage Grey Hulk

Onslaught / Mojo

Banshee or SongBird / Mandroid or Warwolves

Variant Syrin or Screaming Mimi / Mandroid or Warwolves

Although to be honest, i'd rather see SongBird & Banshee make the cut and maybe lose Hulk - but i can see how that might be a hard wave for DST to sell. Maybe we can get rid of Onslaught instead? It'd keep a big hitter in & i'd cry less over losing Magnavier than over Banshee or Songbird.

My dream series:

Capwolf/Wrecker

Songbird/Mindless One

Oh god yes. Of all the potential variants from this poll that's the one I want.

Agreed! It'd be nice to see two girls (even if it's the same girl twice) make it into the wave.

I can't imagine Songbird, for example, is getting that much outside support, since most people have no idea she's needed to complete the original Ellis Thunderbolts.

Still don't get this thing where she's supposedly obscure. If the general Marvel audience read comics then they've probably seen her in the last 175 issues of Thunderbolts.

The general Marvel audience don't all collect minimates (sadly). They aren't necessarily up on what's out and what isn't, and might not be aware of Songbird being the only unmade Thunderbolt from that particular roster.

Yes, but my point was that if we're assuming there's this big "general Marvel audience" browsing the Marvel Comics website and voting on Minimate polls even though they don't collect Minimates, then they probably read comics to some degree, and would be aware of Songbird since she's been the only constant Thunderbolt member in what has been a very long-running series. Minimate collectors might vote for her just to finish the Ellis team (though again, I'd argue they might just like the character), but I'm saying general Marvel fans know who she is enough that they're just as likely to click on her as on any other choice in the poll.

No one's suggesting that she's obscure, or that Marvel fans aren't aware of her, but she's probably the least popular character in that poll. Outside of the Thunderbolts book, she doesn't have much of a profile (save for Avengers Forever). I like her, I'd like to see her made, but I don't think that you're going to find a large portion of casual Marvel fans that will vote for her ahead of the other choices.

No one's suggesting that she's obscure, or that Marvel fans aren't aware of her, but she's probably the least popular character in that poll. Outside of the Thunderbolts book, she doesn't have much of a profile (save for Avengers Forever). I like her, I'd like to see her made, but I don't think that you're going to find a large portion of casual Marvel fans that will vote for her ahead of the other choices.

Uh, from a quick search two different people have have literally called her obscure, and others like yourself have then said she doesn't have the profile or popularity of the other characters in the poll, as if it's just a fact. Sorry but I think that's nonsense, she's a lead in a book that's run for 175 issues (despite it's stupid retitling this month), which is a very long time these days, and this is a poll on a comic book company website. Her profile in the 616 is way higher than Black Knight or Gladiator. I get that your personal opinion is otherwise, but I just don't think you can speak for all these hypothetical non-Minimate-collecting voters with any kind of accuracy (and likewise, I'm not suggesting they're all out there voting for her; I'm just saying she's no less likely to get a vote than smurfing Gladiator).

End ranty rant :sweat:

Edited by battlecat

Here's something you have to think about, Battle Cat. Is Thunderbolts a big title? Before Civil War and Dark Avengers, I'd never even heard of the Thunderbolts. So, Songbird may have been in 175 issues (And don't gt me wrong. I WANT that minimate!) but if no one is reading TBolts, does that make her obscure or not?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

1) Only one figure from the first three polls is getting a variant. Who would be your top pic, guys?

2) What I voted for:

Team X Wolverine/Mojo

Ghost Rider/Songbird

Banshee/Stepford Cuckoos

Blue and Yellow Banshee/Stepford Cuckoos

3) What I would consider most likely:

Cap-Wolf/Zemo

Team X Wolverine/Winter Soldier

Luke Cage/Stepford Cuckoos

Power Man/Stepford Cuckoos

Yeah, I'd guess Songbird is dead and buried in the the general poll. Based on current visibility, I would think Falcon and Winter Soldier have the best shot from that group, although I'd hardly call it a mortal lock. Banshee could be a surprise, but I doubt he's doing as well as he is here. I also don't think Rogers is doing as poorly there as here.

As far as the villains go, I think Apocalypse is dominating, based on the popularity of X-Force and his prominent role in recent story arcs. Mojo is probably hanging on, too. I think we're going to be shocked at how well Zemo doesn't do based on his support here.

Army builders: who knows. I think that will be a toss-up in both places.

If our poll leaders like Songbird, Banshee, and Zemo go down in flames (as I suspect they will), hopefully DST will sneak them into a TRU wave as a consolation (he said while making big puppy dog eyes at Zach)...

I'd imagine that Luke Cage and Captain Rogers are dominating the second poll on Marvel.com. Luke Cage has been an extremely important character for the past several years.

Uh, from a quick search two different people have have literally called her obscure, and others like yourself have then said she doesn't have the profile or popularity of the other characters in the poll, as if it's just a fact. Sorry but I think that's nonsense, she's a lead in a book that's run for 175 issues (despite it's stupid retitling this month), which is a very long time these days, and this is a poll on a comic book company website. Her profile in the 616 is way higher than Black Knight or Gladiator. I get that your personal opinion is otherwise, but I just don't think you can speak for all these hypothetical non-Minimate-collecting voters with any kind of accuracy (and likewise, I'm not suggesting they're all out there voting for her; I'm just saying she's no less likely to get a vote than smurfing Gladiator).

End ranty rant :sweat:

I first heard of Songbird when people complained the T-bolts set wasn't complete years ago. Just because a book she's a character in has 175 issues doesn't make her more prolific than Black Knight or Gladiator at all. Just because she's more relevant than someone does NOT make her higher profile; that's like saying Joker hasn't been in a Batman book in months and thinking no one likes the Joker. Besides, ONE title to her name that is a team book with other much more high-profile characters isn't your best defense.

She is obscure, and she's only in this poll because she's fan-demanded by the hardcores and people who want the team completed. She's definitely not guaranteed more votes than Gladiator. I WANT Songbird, but no way in hell is she not obscure.

Anyway, MY list:

Commander Rogers/Baron Strucker

Winter Soldier/Ghost Rider

Apocalypse/HAMMER Agent (or Mandroid. Whichever)

Ultimate Apocalypse/HAMMandroid

I'd LOVE to see an Ultimate Apocalypse, i just love that design.

Here's something you have to think about, Battle Cat. Is Thunderbolts a big title? Before Civil War and Dark Avengers, I'd never even heard of the Thunderbolts. So, Songbird may have been in 175 issues (And don't gt me wrong. I WANT that minimate!) but if no one is reading TBolts, does that make her obscure or not?

But people are reading it. It's definitely a low-tier title, and its sales have drifted down like most books the last few years, which is why they're sticking that stupid Dark Avengers name on it. But even a low-tier Marvel title gets what, 20,000 readers give or take? And that's just Diamond numbers, there are other outlets too, and trade-waiters. Plus if we're talking awareness or popularity of the character, it's not just current readers. I just think people voting on Marvel.com for something like this are more likely to be of the "I read, or have read, plenty of comics" camp than the "who the heck is that?" one.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just point out we're not all in agreement that she's the least likely choice on there.

I just want the Hydro Armor Iron Man. I just love that we are getting so many armors now. ;-) Also would love the Classic Madrox and Baron Zemo. Too bad I couldn't vote for Onslaught as well.

as much as i want Banshee (he's my #1 out of everyone on this poll) i don't necessarily want him as the variant. not the blue/yellow costume, anyway. his green/yellow costume is the one i always wanted so that's perfect, but the only way i'd want a variant of him would be if it was AoA Banshee, or X-Factor Banshee in the way they did classic White Tiger and current White Tiger (2 different characters that are bro/sis) as the variant.

as far as Songbird goes... i remember when Thunderbolts first came out years ago. i've been reading comics since before then, and i remember it was kind of a big deal. that said, i never actually read Thunderbolts until after the most recent reboot, so i know very little about her. THAT said, i own all the Thunderbolts and Dark Avengers minimates so i did vote for her.

of all the characters, i'd probably pick Falcon to have the variant (unless by some slim chance my Banshee variants are an option) so that we can get his current look, and his classic. granted, i'd only get the modern Falcon, but i know a lot of people either want both, or really want classic.