UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the comic license is shared (or more accurately split) between DST and McFarlane but the TV license is held exclusively by McFarlane? Not fair. McFarlane has no interest in the block figure category.

In other news, my TRU got another case of Series 2 added to the pegs recently. Hopefully future series will be as plentiful.

Since it appears to have been lost in limbo...

I want a "is that the phone" Rick, with accessory, of course. ;)

Too bad we never got the Santa Claus pirate ship, because you could swap the head on Prison Rick for a quick Axel custom.

You can still use that same beard from the regular pirate ship. And if that color is not to your liking, you can paint it with whiteout then use Sharpie marker on it. Or Paint pens

So, an update to an update:

Today I got a cancellation notice for the third Morgan set I ordered. You know, the one they sent and didn't notice?

Yeah free Minimate 2-pack!

Boo TRU inventory control. No wonder they have issues telling what is in stock and not. :shrug:

Okay, so here is my TRU TWD series 2 tale.

So, I ordered from TRU.com on Saturday morning, Dec 22 when it was posted these were available. When it was pointed out that Lori and Michonne had their barcodes flipped, I decided to order both and return the real Michonne. I ordered 4 each of Lori and Michonne and 3 of the Morgan sets. I got my order confirmation and my second confirmation, both stating that all items were located in stock, at 10:03am and 11:04am respectively (CST).

Others got shipping notices and cancellations, I got nothing. Christmas (Dec 25) came and went, still my order lingered as "located in stock" for all 11 items. More shipping/cancellation notices on here, nothing for me. I finally got a shipping notice on Thursday this week (Dec 27). According to UPS, my order should finally be here next week Wednesday, Jan 2. I know there were some holidays on there, but 11 days, seriously?

Oh, and the shipping notice was for the 4 "Lori" packs, the 4 "Michonne" packs and only 2 of the 3 Morgan packs. We will see what I get.... http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/confused.gif

So my UPS guy hand delivered my box today. Box was in great shape. Minimates inside look near perfect packaging wise. Plenty of bubble packing inside to prevent jostling.

And low and behold, I got what I ordered! 4 Lori packs. 4 Michonne packs. And not only the 2 Morgans that shipped but also the third I had ordered.

Occasionally TRU.com gets it right-ish. It would have been better if I wouldn't have had to order 4 Michonne packs to be safe, but :shrug:

Now, if only Luke would ship my custom case.... http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif

Edited by Onyx_6

Too bad we never got the Santa Claus pirate ship, because you could swap the head on Prison Rick for a quick Axel custom.

You can still use that same beard from the regular pirate ship. And if that color is not to your liking, you can paint it with whiteout then use Sharpie marker on it. Or Paint pens

If you go back a few pages, I put Winter Coat Dale's head with Morg's hairpiece, and it makes a nice Axel. Better than my initial thought of Santa.

I'm asking generally but I'll confess that I'm specifically interested in the UK version.........is anybody reading the Walking Dead Official Magazine ? Is it any good & is it advertising the WD minimates ? I reckon the answer'll be 'yes' to the latter question in the US version but I'm not so sure about the UK version.

Any answer from anybody anywhere would be appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't had interest in the magazine, but issue 3 is supposed to have a guide to where the minimate zombies can be found in the comics, so I'll definitely be picking that one up.

well now this guide has me more interested int he magazine as well!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

So now there are more pictures of the upcoming Walking Dead 'mates. Who else is excited? We're getting:

Hershel, Tyreese, Riot Gear Rick, Dexter, Hoodie Glenn, Carol, Michonne (poncho), Lori (prison jumpsuit with baby Judith), Governor, Alice, Bruce (Woodbury thug), Gabe (heavier Woodbury thug), and plenty more zombies!!!