UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

Yeah, I'd like to keep the toy thread discussion on the topic of toys as well. Still, we run the risk of a toy spoiling part of a storyline. (Like if Series 3 features the aliens who brought the zombie plague from issue #109.*) Then there's speculation about what future characters could be included.

*Utter bullshit. Just sayin'.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd like to keep the toy thread discussion on the topic of toys as well. Still, we run the risk of a toy spoiling part of a storyline. (Like if Series 3 features the aliens who brought the zombie plague from issue #109.*) Then there's speculation about what future characters could be included.

*Utter bullshit. Just sayin'.

I've just read a series of books about a zombie outbreak and that was the cause!!!

Damn good reading

I tend to agree with Tenime about spoilers. This is a toy thread and sure speculation about said thread could be a problem, but we can also curb ourselves a bit too.

Now that out of the way, I can't wait to see what wave 3 and 4 brings. I think a prison group of minimates is going to be awesome :)

I tend to agree with Tenime about spoilers. This is a toy thread and sure speculation about said thread could be a problem, but we can also curb ourselves a bit too.

Now that out of the way, I can't wait to see what wave 3 and 4 brings. I think a prison group of minimates is going to be awesome :)

But... but... I'm 5 yrs behind... you just said Prison... darn you and your spoilers!!!!!

No one is saying we should try our hardest to spoil everything, however when you talk about toys based on a comic people are bound to mention things that have happened or are happening because it's tied very closely to what people will want made.

Can we all agree to try to be mindful of spoilers but at the same time not so oversensitive if they are posted in here... you know... like we do in all the other threads?

So Zach, Are we going to have to wait til the Toyfair before we find out about wave 3? or is it going to be sooner?

T.

Well, I want to add a few more things to the "spoiler discussion" that has been going on.

Since everyone keeps pointing out that this is a thread about the toys, and not the comic itself... there really is no need for anyone in here to discuss ANYTHING past the prison arc, since that is pretty much where we are at this point with the 'Mates. So, anything... say, past one-armed one-eyed Governor doesn't need to be mentioned right now, does it?

I mention that specific Governor, because I am pretty certain EVERYONE has read up until that point. But even with everything I have previously said, I think keeping any discussion in here based on the comic should be limited to what is in the current, or (when announced) upcoming waves.

Why talk about anything past issue 48, when we aren't even past it in the line yet?

Tenime, and anyone else who isn't current - if anything I said offended you previously, I do apologize.

Edited by AdamBomb

So Zach, Are we going to have to wait til the Toyfair before we find out about wave 3? or is it going to be sooner?

I need to talk to my Skybound contact tomorrow about where we will be announcing it, but it should be in Previews in a couple of weeks.

People here are not going to wait 6 months to discuss something because you cannot keep up to date.

I never asked anyone to. I was stating fact. From the moment that issue hit news stands, no one in here said anything for almost 6 months. Why it had to start up a week before trade-readers could catch up was my entire complaint. No one said a word for 5 months and 3 weeks.

"Self entitled"? Thanks. Nice.

People here are not going to wait 6 months to discuss something because you cannot keep up to date.

I never asked anyone to. I was stating fact. From the moment that issue hit news stands, no one in here said anything for almost 6 months. Why it had to start up a week before trade-readers could catch up was my entire complaint. No one said a word for 5 months and 3 weeks.

"Self entitled"? Thanks. Nice.

It's a conspiracy... there is a thread that everyone but you can see where we plot to give you spoilers at the last moment possible moment... :tongue:

I went back and looked, We talked about this back in October, we tried to resolve it then but nobody goes back over 70+ pages everytime they post in this thread, so it got lost over time. People have said they will try to be careful and that's about as good as you're going to get.

You are just going to have to accept that if you are behind you will see spoilers in the walking dead threads, short of putting everyone on MOD preview and having a MOD/ADMIN personally check them for spoilers before publishing them there's nothing we can do about it.

T.

From the moment that issue hit news stands, no one in here said anything for almost 6 months. Why it had to start up a week before trade-readers could catch up was my entire complaint. No one said a word for 5 months and 3 weeks.

Tenime, I think you just gotta chalk this one up to bad luck. As someone that never read trades when I was collecting single issues, I can say that I never kept track of when the trades came out to know when it was safe to discuss something. The fact that you were able to make it 5 months while being active on a comic/toy based forum, actually seems pretty amazing to me.

Well, I want to add a few more things to the "spoiler discussion" that has been going on.

Since everyone keeps pointing out that this is a thread about the toys, and not the comic itself... there really is no need for anyone in here to discuss ANYTHING past the prison arc, since that is pretty much where we are at this point with the 'Mates. So, anything... say, past one-armed one-eyed Governor doesn't need to be mentioned right now, does it?

I mention that specific Governor, because I am pretty certain EVERYONE has read up until that point. But even with everything I have previously said, I think keeping any discussion in here based on the comic should be limited to what is in the current, or (when announced) upcoming waves.

Why talk about anything past issue 48, when we aren't even past it in the line yet?

Tenime, and anyone else who isn't current - if anything I said offended you previously, I do apologize.

We have a Morgan figure. He doesn't show up again until well after the prison. I don't think we can pin the figures down to one time frame, they're obviously not all going to go in chronological order. I'm hoping we get Abraham and Eugene before Jim or Allen.

Yea, i desperately want Abraham. One of my hands-down favorites; i love that guy.

Regarding spoilers: it happens. We have spoiler tags for a reason. If it's a RECENT spoiler, use a tag to be safe. If it's a spoiler from months ago (and this is from someone who reads the trades too), it's fair game. My two cents.

Yea, i desperately want Abraham. One of my hands-down favorites; i love that guy.

Regarding spoilers: it happens. We have spoiler tags for a reason. If it's a RECENT spoiler, use a tag to be safe. If it's a spoiler from months ago (and this is from someone who reads the trades too), it's fair game. My two cents.

Agreed on both accounts. Abraham is a must, I'd love a Rostia (because screw Holly) to go along with him.

I'm on issue 19. Started reading the series yesterday. I'll be staying out of this thread for my own safety.

Of course the information I was give, about getting the correct item, was wrong. Got Morgan and Michonne in the mail today rather than Morgan and Lori. Oh well, in the same boat as so many other people. I emailed support complaining to them, pointing out that I was told that I would be receiving Lori and they just offered to send me a mailing label. Not happy at all.

Like so many other people if anyone has an extra Lori and/or Shane I have a SDCC 2 pack, can get the Halloween black and white Dale, have two full sets of series 1 and have money.

We have a Morgan figure. He doesn't show up again until well after the prison. I don't think we can pin the figures down to one time frame, they're obviously not all going to go in chronological order. I'm hoping we get Abraham and Eugene before Jim or Allen.

I keep on forgetting Morgan got released. :tongue:

To further complicate matters, the UPC code now assigned to Lori is the EXACT SAME UPC code assigned to Michonne, they both end with 615. The SKU numbers are different though, not sure if we have ever been able to identify product SKU numbers before.

Lori's info per TRU.com:

“R”Web#: 082086

SKU: E3640720

UPC/EAN/ISBN: 699788100615

Manufacturer #: JAN128010

Michonne's info per TRU.com:

Additional Info

“R”Web#: 082086

SKU: E3640B20

UPC/EAN/ISBN: 699788100615

Manufacturer #: JAN128010

Edited by youbastards