UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, there's some real talent on this board.

Was a little disappointed that Michonne didn't come packed with her poncho, so I took it upon myself to make one. Actually I made two. Hope you like how they turned out.

michonne01.jpg

michonne04.jpg

This is what I miss when I skim over the text accompanying pictures like these. I'm thinking, "Oh, nice pics," without even noticing the poncho. I thought it was the real deal, an accessory that is hidden in my unopened packaging.

Great job on those ponchos, MINI_MYTE. I'd love a Michonne variant that comes with one or two of those at some point down the line.

In other news, my Minimate karma seems to be changing.

After giving up finding these 'mates at retail, I decided to try the crapshoot that is TRU.com over my holiday break. I ordered Lori and Morgan and hoped that I'd actually receive them. The order was confirmed, processed, and the items were shipped independently (since I ordered them hours apart). So I waited.

In the meantime I went to my local TRU to see if the latest Marvel wave had hit. Lo and behold, I came across a case of TWD Series 2 on the peg. I grabbed the exclusives as insurance in case my TRU.com order got messed up.

Yesterday I came home to three packages; one from Luke's (the LCS Series 2) and two from TRU.com. Inside the shipping envelopes were Lori and Morgan, as ordered. The extra set went to a co-worker who recently started sharing my addiction for Minimates. She now has as many TWD 'mates as I do... for now. Because on top of all that, and thanks to the generosity of The Board, it looks like I'll be getting the Shane and Glenn sets soon, too.

Sorry if I'm gushing. Just (finally) having a good collecting week and wanted to share.

Woohoo! I found Lori and Morgan today at a local TRU! Someone else had already gotten the other two exclusives, so I wasn't able to get extras to help anyone else out. But still, I'm thrilled to have completed TWD to date. I think tonight I'll break out the dremel tool and try to do some work on Michonne's hair.

Zach, as the kids from the newest Thundercats boxset come with shorter arms and legs... is there a possibility Carl will be made this way too?

I know what Chuck has said in the past about 2", is this a slight softening of his stance?

EDIT

Just saw this in the recent Q&A...

Neil Frohlich

The Walking Dead series 3 , What are the chances we see a Governor minimate released? Also a Carl minimate? I dont think I have ever seen a child minimate…..a miniminimate

DST CHUCK: All MM will be the 2” body.

So does that mean Minimates will not necessarily all be 2" tall, but will have the 2" body block.

Edited by Pete

How hard was it attaching the chains to that 24 handcuff?

The loop Michonne is holding is actually a spare collar from a second Mike zombie I had received from my TRU order. Gently pull apart the bigger loop attached to the collar, remove chain and slip in Mike and Terry respective chains. Bing, bang, boom, instant leash handle.

As for the ponchos, I'm a multiple minimate buyer. At the time I had purchased 3 of each of The Man With No Name sets. The spares have been sitting in my parts bin for years. I figured this was the perfect opportunity to use them.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Zach, as the kids from the newest Thundercats boxset come with shorter arms and legs... is there a possibility Carl will be made this way too?

I know what Chuck has said in the past about 2", is this a slight softening of his stance?

EDIT

Just saw this in the recent Q&A...

Neil Frohlich

The Walking Dead series 3 , What are the chances we see a Governor minimate released? Also a Carl minimate? I dont think I have ever seen a child minimate…..a miniminimate

DST CHUCK: All MM will be the 2” body.

So does that mean Minimates will not necessarily all be 2" tall, but will have the 2" body block.

Chuck does not tell me his innermost thoughts and dreams.

I'm surprised that nobody's put up a pic of Amy dying yet, so here's mine:

Great picture ....truly great picture .

I saw that episode on the TV & I guess the same happened in the comics.

Anybody that didn't know about Amy or didn't want to know now does......maybe that's why nobody put up a pic of Amy dying...................

.....yet .

F%*k my ol' boots :wallbash:

The toy itself is a spoiler. Of something that happened a long, long time ago. To a very minor character. Available in the first TPB. I can't remember exactly, but did she even last as long as Shane or Jim? To me Amy is an incredibly well done 'mate but of such a minor character- perfect execution of an LCS variant.