UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Mates I've got, box has eluded me. I think it is a great piece of Minimate art. You guys remember the one on eBay that went for around $30? :D

Edited by karamazov80

Which one? I've actually sold a few. The last one I sold was to someone who was buying it for their husband and realized afterwards that it was the box only (which I clearly stated). I didn't charge her and sold it to the next highest bidder who was happy to get it. It's a cool box and all, but I've sold one for over $40 which I think is ridiculous.

Wowzers. I was thinking of the only one that I saw, and assumed that the buyer just didn't understand what they were bidding on. The set with figures doesn't go for much higher than that. Crazy.

wow - i remember finding this set online for about $60 Australian (about $40 US).

Guess i should thank my lucky stars that i found it when i did!

after my wife bought me the Hulk/Banner set for xmas, I bought a couple other packs at WalMart and got hooked....the GSXM set was the first set I bought a the comic shop for $21.99

Jeff of the Miniacs

I don't currently have my mates displayed atm, but here are some other gems

my FFVII collection is small, but it's fierce

IMGP0973.jpg

ash from army of darkness, torch from puppet master 2, and some other goodies sorry the pic looks like crap

IMGP0979.jpg

have the lambs stopped screaming?

IMGP0983.jpg

and the prize of my collection, my 18 inch patrick bateman

IMGP0971.jpg

IMGP0982.jpg

I have put most of my Minimates on Lego displays from Tuesday morning, and just finished putting my last one together. I like these, because you can have your Minimates standing on different levels, where you can clearly see every Minimate from eye-level, while still being able to move them around pretty easily and not having to shell out big bucks for those Hot Wheels displays. I want to give thanks again to Minijeff for the idea.

Where did you get the wings for your Archangel custom? Also, what head is that? Do you have a closeup shot of just Angel? Thanks!

Where did you get the wings for your Archangel custom? Also, what head is that? Do you have a closeup shot of just Angel? Thanks!

The only other set of Minimate wings one could use for this custom would be from Hawkman/Hawkgirl from the (wave 5?) DC Direct line, they look like they were painted white. As for the head, I'm gonna guess Wave 5 Captain America with Sentry's hair.

Yeah, I think 'Raider is correct, though his head has changed a few times since I first created him. I've got more detailed shots (and a description of how I did the wings) in the thread for the Archangel series, I believe. I painted his wings with Krylon fusion paint, and they are a bit shinier than they should be. It will be nice having blue and red Angel soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to organize my non-displayed collection a bit recently, buying the little baggies, etc. Just wanted to share some pictures:

post-1827-1245959096_thumb.jpg

Caps and Spideys I found in there:

post-1827-1245959128_thumb.jpg

Notably missing is poor, missing zombie Colonel. I found a few more Spideys after taking that pic, of course. Damn, I need more Minimates!!

Damn, I need more Minimates!!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Minimate Multiverse mantra. :lol:

Just thought I'd post my volunteer display over at our annual ToyCon a few weekends ago...

th_DSC03080.jpg th_DSC03081.jpg

Yup, that's ZapZuu's Iron Man-themed display right above mine :D

th_DSC03359.jpg

Sadly, the next day or so eventually found part of my shelf irreversibly "dominoed." I really need to save up for Lego plates <_<

th_DSC03351.jpg

And seeing as I love blink-and-you'll-miss-it inside gags, here's a neat one cleverly "hidden" in ZapZuu's display:

th_DSC03358.jpg

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Those are some interesting instruction manuals on the bottom shelf. :P

HA! Oops! Didn't notice those. They are actually collections from the photographer Glen E. Friedman, F*(# You Heroes and F*&^ You Too. Amazing skate, punk and hip hop photos from the 70's - 90's.