UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DVD set is Battlestar Galactica season three (positive). The case on the top of the pile is disc four.

Correct. I've been ripping DVDs to my iPod so I can watch on the train to/from work.

SWEET!!! I will be waiting by the mail box for my no prize.

just wanna share my Latest updates...

Some Minis from Evil-Bay

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

april2.jpg

And these babies came from a BIG BIG TRADE (Fwoosh)

Opening the Box

minimatelot.jpg

Separating DCs from Marvels and Doubles

minimatelot2.jpg

DC C3 and Exc. Glantern

DCC3.jpg

DC Wave 1

DCwave1.jpg

DC Wave 2

DCwave2.jpg

DC Wave 3

DCwave3.jpg

DC Wave 4

DCwave4.jpg

DC Wave 5

DCwave5.jpg

DC Wave 6

DCwave6.jpg

DC Wave 7

DCwave7.jpg

DC Wave 8

DCwave8.jpg

Now Onto Marvel

Marvel Wave 1-4

minimateswave1-4.jpg

Marvel Wave 5-8

minimateswave5-8.jpg

Marvel Wave 9-12

minimates9-12.jpg

Marvel 13-18 (no xmen movie mates)

minimates13-18.jpg

Marvel 19-20

minimates19-20.jpg

Boxsets And Exc. 1

minimateexcandbsets.jpg

Boxsets and Exc. 2

minimateexcandbsets2.jpg

and the Doubles

minimatedoubles.jpg

was Lucky enough to catch this guy before he changed his collection lines

TFL!

I always love to see pictures of Minimates . I love to see collections of Minimates on shelves...acrylic cases..display cabinets ....I love to see mountains of Minimates in various states of display...I just love to see them & to see how people 'handle' their collections.

It was nice to see your stuff mabait1020 but...& maybe it's just me :( ...but ...& especially... because I really applaud your customising skills....WTF is all that about?

Any silly sod can dump some pics of their latest haul in the 'haul thread'(minus the gratuitous pictures of duplicate frakkin box-sets) where it belongs. Nice pictures of Minimates in zip-locked plastic bags don't belong in this thread if my opinion is worth a light !

How I miss ThatBuggerTimbo & his 'Hall of Mirrors' ... a superb example of a 'Collection' not a bloody 'dump'.

I always love to see pictures of Minimates . I love to see collections of Minimates on shelves...acrylic cases..display cabinets ....I love to see mountains of Minimates in various states of display...I just love to see them & to see how people 'handle' their collections.

It was nice to see your stuff mabait1020 but...& maybe it's just me :( ...but ...& especially... because I really applaud your customising skills....WTF is all that about?

Any silly sod can dump some pics of their latest haul in the 'haul thread'(minus the gratuitous pictures of duplicate frakkin box-sets) where it belongs. Nice pictures of Minimates in zip-locked plastic bags don't belong in this thread if my opinion is worth a light !

How I miss ThatBuggerTimbo & his 'Hall of Mirrors' ... a superb example of a 'Collection' not a bloody 'dump'.

What the... Are you drunk again?

In Buttheadsmate's defence it has been a while since we've seen some really nicely displayed collections. Which if I'm not mistaken what this thread was meant for. Then again Buttheadsmate could very well be drunk who knows.

In Buttheadsmate's defence it has been a while since we've seen some really nicely displayed collections. Which if I'm not mistaken what this thread was meant for. Then again Buttheadsmate could very well be drunk who knows.

;) I can't deny my state was somewhat less than sober but I was obviously very lucid & in the cool light of morning (here) stand by my comments 98%. .....hic!...burp!

The 2% that I regret is that I did not intend to imply that our new member's (jboogie) display of packaged Minimates were anything less than very pleasing to the eye. My apologies if you/he thought otherwise.

Welcome jboogie & listen to your wife :biggrin:

Edited by buttheadsmate

thanks guys...

@ all - honestly i dont even understand buttheadsmate's post? can someone translate it in english?

Very nice score indeed Mabait1020. How many are ya missing now?

i'm guessing.... about 8-10 more pcs.

:-)

Here is mine, click to enlarge:

MinimateDisplay2.jpg

This is the display that got me into Minimates. I remember seeing this posted over on Fwoosh and saying "Damn those things look better than I thought. I'm gonna get some" It's all your fault Luke!

LOL, I'm glad I could help spread my addiction. I am actually painting some new shelves this weekend (weather permitting), since I have been completely out of space for months. I got the thumbs-up from my wife to get right of an old cork board next to my minimate collection that we stopped using years ago, and put some new shelves there. I will post pics in a few weeks once I get everything organized, but I expect it to be massive. :)

Here is the new home to my marvel minimates collection:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.ph...mp;id=549558572

since this photo was taken most of the remaining gaps have filled in...I think I only need an extra wasp and the tony stark war machine version....plus I have more cases waiting to go up as the Secret invasion boxset, Punisher boxset and the tru Union Jack/Wonderman sets will be needing a new case to go in....still working on the displays for whats left of my collection after the big purge...once schools done I should have more time to get at that!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...
So here's where 'most' of my minmate collection lives...

post-7-1149369612_thumb.jpg

Each case holds 108 mates.... and I only put the last one up a couple of weeks back...

*edit* all are now full and the 3" mates and Kubricks have a seperate home.. I need anothe case :|

T.

Wow, what a collection!!! I started collecting about a year ago, and have about 112 Minimates, 1 Shooting Star race Car, and 1 Palz figure, all in Rubbermaid containers at the moment. Eventualy, I may build some sort of Diorama/Dollhouse setup to better display them, maybe even a small town setup, or a Space City/Space Station (I have a lot of Sci-Fi and superhero figures).

• 4 weeks later...
http://fishing.flambeauoutdoors.com/otdrs_...r_n_spinner.asp

I use the 4007. I highly recommend it. As I have no room what so ever to display my minimates, storage with quick access is my next priority. These allow me to do that. They stack easily, and are able to store both 2", 2.5" and 3" Minimates, plus whatever other pesky accessories ou have lying around. (Weblines, power blasts, ect) Plus, once they lock shut, they stay shut. They can store a plethora of minimates in each compartment, usually about 3. I think my record is 7 Spideys.

They are $3 something at the fishing section in walmart I believe. The only downside is they only come with like 7 dividers, and to get eash 2 slot system divided, you need 12. You can, uh, "borrow" a few extra dividers from the other boxes at walmart when you buy them though, I guess.

Hey, guess what! Walmart stopped stocking these! AND I NEED MORE CASES!!!!!

I hate walmart so much right now..

Try your local hobby store (we have "Hobby Lobby" here). They sell those types of cases, as well as little mini-baggies that you can put Minimates in (all very expensive, of course).

• 2 weeks later...
Neat arrangement man! I always find it cool checking out how other boardies arrange their 'mates in battle ;)

4. Goofy picture, recognize anyone?

U2?

hahaa I suppose that could be goofy, it was originally a U2 shelf, then minimates kind of jumped up there and claimed their territory. Actually Union Jack is hanging out w the Mini Coopers.

Here is my mutant collection to date. I started with a main batch (in the rows and background), but then expanded to a secondary set (on the right). The left side has some zombies. My big wants right now are a Max Sentinel, and the SDCC Angel when it comes out. I have already pre-ordered most of Wave 28. Enjoy! p.s. Thanks to all of you guys for giving me deals and helping me find some of the rarer sets, especially buttheadsmate for my Mystique.

Edited by shanezey