UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've recommended using the "suck" setting on a vacuum cleaner, but then I just had an amusing yet sad mental image of your shelves reenacting a scene from "Twister" :blink:

What is this "dust" you speak of?

It's a sad day in your life when you can't remember what dust is. :P

My addled brain now has a picture of Luke's latest custom figures at a shoot-out...........

J.Edgar Hoover ; " You don't want to brush with me.......you ,'Bag' & the girl... come on out "

Kid Kirby ; " You won't sweep-talk us sucker .........we an Miss Dust'll get clean away !"

M.T.Bag ; " Yeah nuts to you copper......Carpetbaggers never ever say Dy son !"

bagdustedsmate

My addled brain now has a picture of Luke's latest custom figures at a shoot-out...........

J.Edgar Hoover ; " You don't want to brush with me.......you ,'Bag' & the girl... come on out "

Kid Kirby ; " You won't sweep-talk us sucker .........we an Miss Dust'll get clean away !"

M.T.Bag ; " Yeah nuts to you copper......Carpetbaggers never ever say Dy son !"

bagdustedsmate

If caught they will be beaten with hoses then it's the Electrolux Chair!

Edited by cylonchaney

It has occured to me that my cases have changed considerably in the last several months.

I haven't been able to get ahold of more cases but I've rotated out several of my mates and put new ones in.

Still way too many to fit in them. :(

Just wondering what kind of cases are those called. Anything I search for while searching for them hasn't had such great results.

I know a couple of local collectors here who are exclusively buying Iron Man- and Wolverine-related mates respectively. I'm sure a bunch of us collect Marvel 'mates and stuff, and a disturbing number of us started out that way, but then got caught up in so many other 'mate properties.

Just stick to buying what you can afford & like :(

Agreed. Though you really can't let a good deal pass you by, so that is one exception to this rule. Another is when you find a rare exclusive of prototype. I mean, you would be a fool not to pick those up, no? Also, it's sometimes better to over-estimate how many you might want, just in case you later want more or want to trade something. But then, you really don't know what you might want later, and what might increase in price, so it's probably best to pick everything up that you can. Also, you don't want that empty feeling you get when you are missing something in your collection, so you really should pick up every figure there is. Then, you are really gonna need a boxed and loose version of each figure. I mean, can a collection be considered complete without both of those? But then, is one of each really enough? I mean, doesn't it make you feel safer to buy multiples and to store them in multiple locations, just in case there is a fire, or if you get a fix when visiting your parents' house and don't want to have to drive back home?

So yeah, 6 sets loose and packaged of every released figure and several versions of every exclusive is the minimal you can probably get away with.

I really thought K was talking about you, Rob.

What? Perish the thought. ;)

Truly though, who amongst us has been immune to buying up more than we "need." I've got multiples of every TRU Ghostbusters pack sitting in a box in my closet scoffing at me. The "buying what you afford and like" is good advice of course, but I suspect easier said than done in many instances.

Edited by karamazov80

I used to have a policy of having one extra of every mate that came out since I started. I have since decided that this could not go on as I have so many and am currently in the process of moving house, and have slowly been bagging my loose mates one by one. It is a tedious task that I will hate myself even more for once I have to take them back out. I originally got the extras for trade. Well aside from a single BB mate I have or am in the process of attaining all mates. So what the heck am I going to trade for. Except army builders of course, can never have enough of those.

• 3 weeks later...
Courtesy of Luke's Toy Store.

:biggrin:

Hopefully we will get more Excalibur mates soon!

It'd be great to finish the team with a new Nightcrawler with a purple translucent BAMF base like Rachel's Phoenix & Meggan. Here's a simple hair swap I did. Classic Ms. Marvel uses the Invisible Woman's hair.

0410002123.jpg