UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

Hey Tim, as the only one here who actually HAS them, I have to agree with you on several of your points.

It IS just cardboard on the the back :( and I WAS a little worried about how strongly they would attach to the wall.

That being said, there are several spots to use nails (I'm only using 2 in each) and they still seem fairly sturdy.

Also, since I don't know what I'm missing out on these cases represent a great comprimise between my wife and I for cost. ;)

If you really don't want yours, LMK, maybe I can take them off your hands.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://fishing.flambeauoutdoors.com/otdrs_...r_n_spinner.asp

I use the 4007. I highly recommend it. As I have no room what so ever to display my minimates, storage with quick access is my next priority. These allow me to do that. They stack easily, and are able to store both 2", 2.5" and 3" Minimates, plus whatever other pesky accessories ou have lying around. (Weblines, power blasts, ect) Plus, once they lock shut, they stay shut. They can store a plethora of minimates in each compartment, usually about 3. I think my record is 7 Spideys.

They are $3 something at the fishing section in walmart I believe. The only downside is they only come with like 7 dividers, and to get eash 2 slot system divided, you need 12. You can, uh, "borrow" a few extra dividers from the other boxes at walmart when you buy them though, I guess.

Also, since I don't know what I'm missing out on these cases represent a great comprimise between my wife and I for cost. ;)

Agreed: budgets, accountability and tastes differ. It's like the difference between owning a sports car and an beat up SUV.

I think in this case you are right and that ignorance is bliss :) If you saw them side by side in person you'd understand why I could never bring myself to use those hotwheels cases for display.

T.

p.s. If I get to the point where I bite the bullet and get enough cases to house my whole collection I will send the two HW's cases your way :)

I have a real problem with actually displaying my collection but I have temporarily solved the strorage problem with a few of these things. post-638-1229416043_thumb.jpg

The blue one in the picture holds some of my Marvel Minimate collection ,I put my loose ones in here & the MIB ones in some of the other ,bigger ones. They aren't perfect & ,to be honest, they are a bastard to hang on the wall except for the ones that house my Spider-Man collection for some reason ? I have seen these at TRU but you have to look for them ,generally outside, at the back of the store.

Oh yeah,here's my 'part storage bin' post-638-1229418422_thumb.jpg

& I use one of these for my Shockini collection post-638-1229417505_thumb.jpg

:nuke: A word of warning about the box that I use for the Shockinis :nuke:

I came across this box in my local store & initially it was full of little sticks which seemed a bit weird . Somebody told me however that you can build boats & things with them so....you know me ...I had a go. I built one, a proper one, a real working replica of a steam-ship . The bloody thing caught fire....hell of a mess. So be careful with 'them sticks' they appear to be quite inflammable .....who would be stupid enough to put things like that in a toy container ??? The boxes are great though & are designed with customisers in mind....they even have an abrasive side to the box which people may find useful.

If anybody is interested in getting one of my big blue storage boxes.... I'd help.... but nobody would ever ship something that size would they ?

What the hell would you ship them in?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Not actually my collection, which is kind of in disarray as I only have space to display about half of them!

But thought you'd like to see this mini display that sort of grew organically on my desk.

post-7-1228851028_thumb.jpg

post-7-1228851054_thumb.jpg

I'm pondering a swap of the shield to make it further out front and move Ms Marvel back some.

Thoughts?

T.

Hey Timbo, what are the stands and where did you get them from????

Hey Timbo, what are the stands and where did you get them from????

They are from the C3 throne room set, I picked a random loose box of C3 parts up and lucked out cos it had a bunch of em in it!

Normally you'd only get one per set.

T.

Well storage has been such that I haven't been able to show off my collection up until now.

I only have 4x32 cases up so far because I've been busy with Christmas, but here they are:

My DC mates, MOST of my BTTF mates, my Joe mates, Indiemates, SF Mates and a couple other randoms.

post-102-1229982293_thumb.jpg

post-102-1229982406_thumb.jpg

post-102-1229982455_thumb.jpg

post-102-1229982475_thumb.jpg

I don't know if I hate you more for your possession of those elusive Hot Wheels cases, or those beautiful Joe customs. . .that is a lie, it is your Joe customs. Sealed Symbiote Spidey/Venom 2-pack for your Duke and Gung Ho ;)

They really do look great.

Do you have other pics of that Zartan somewhere? Can't see him too good.

Edited by karamazov80

Damn Harley! :angry:

She's so hard to get in there with her hammer.

Tommorrow her pose will probably be changed AGAIN.

As for the Joe mates, they are all Nervous customs.

I don't feel bad bragging for him. ;)

They're awesome and I would never part with them (sorry Kar).

He and I go a ways back and the Zartan is from his Series 1 Joe mates, back before most of the people here even noticed he was customizing.

Maybe I can snap a pic of Zartan sometime soon. It's all up in the air right now with Christmas though.

(That's also why I haven't done a new minimate movie in some time.)

I finally got all of my stuff up. I built the shelf myself, and it could still use a bot of touching up, but it's good for now.

We all could do with a bit of touching up sometimes ;)

Nice shelves, great display you have gonig there!

T.

I finally got all of my stuff up. I built the shelf myself, and it could still use a bot of touching up, but it's good for now.

post-2133-1230095208_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1230095134_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1230095144_thumb.jpg

wow some really nice custom's is that a Happy Hogan is see down with the movie iron man?, and your atom thats in front of the red tornado looks like he's squatting down to go No. 2 on tornado's boot!! :lol:

post-2133-1230095208_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1230095134_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1230095144_thumb.jpg

wow some really nice custom's is that a Happy Hogan is see down with the movie iron man?, and your atom thats in front of the red tornado looks like he's squatting down to go No. 2 on tornado's boot!! :lol:

Yeah, that's a QC Happy. I had a spare tony, so i scraped the beard off and gave him Hawkman's alt. hair. And I hadn't really noticed Atom. Might want to fix that.

Wow, your display looks great, and I absolutely LOVE the Dr Horrible customs! Very cool customs all around.

Oh no! Did she make you put the shelf in your closet? Sounds like my wife.

Very nice shelf!

Actually my wife offered to let me hang it in the room. I prefer to put it in the closet for 2 reasons.

1. I can simply close the door to keep kids away from them.

2. I can sneak new mates on to the shelf without it drawing her attention *helllo Nova, and War Machine :)

The only draw back, is limited space....so once these are filled I am done with the display... :(

damn my wife is smarter than I thought :)