sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First wave is up for pre-order at BBTS. Line up is:

- Iron Man VS Arthur

- Deadpool VS Dante

- Phoenix VS Morrigan (comic shop exclusive)

- Dormamu VS Trish (comic shop exclusive)

The 3 mates I want most are in the first wave (Dante, Trish, and Dormmamu) so unless this wave gets Tarot'ed anything else they manage to get out it just icing.

I don't like that Iron Man's helmet. It seems like the last few Iron Men (the ones in the Mandarin wave, the Modern Heroic set, this one) have had the weirdest helmets that don't look all that great... hopefully I still have a spare IM2 or maybe he'll have a vanilla helmet under his helmet (since Iron Man doesn't unmask in the games, at least he didn't used to so it wouldn't make sense for Tony to be under there) so he can be saved.

They look good .....so what are these *? http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11596&mode=retail

* OK I know that they are called 'Curse of the Mutants'....

what do you mean? They're not related to MvC if that's what you're asking. It was a somewhat forgettable X-Men story arc from the tail end of 2010. It had mutants, and vampires.

Thanks ,that's the first I've seen of them.

glad to help

I think... they were revealed at the same time as MvC, at ToyFare? Y'know, when we got pictures of wave 41, the 'Age of X' set? ... stuff like that

i agree phoenix looks great and will fit in with my other 90's x-men much better than the SI one, also dormammu looks awesome and deadpool will be my new main one (mainly because my old one is being used for AoV... ;) ) and i actually like the look of that ironman (minus the helmet)

AoV?

I think that CotM set is the first time I'll buy multiples of a set I don't really want, just for the parts. I really hope they do those new swords Blade has and retire Deadpool's leprechaun katanas.

Also, can anyone tell if Drac's topknot is the same as Omega Red's, or if it's a new sculpt?

MvC look Awsome. I just wish they were comming out a little sooner but thats how it always goes (LOL)

Pretty nifty looking. Unfortunately, the Marvel rehashes all look less interesting than previous versions of these characters, but. . .what are you gonna do? Dormammu's gonna be nice to have, so Strange can finally have a real foe! Kind of odd to me that 2 Devil May Cry characters are getting released here. Not a fan of the game, but the Dante looks great as a Minimate. The chick, however, is about as boring as a Minimate can be. Again, though, not much you can do since they are going for characters and looks from the game.

I hope TRU/DST recognizes that these are going to be more popular than typical TRU releases and pump up the production levels. Otherwise. . .things are going to get ugly out there, methinks.

They're both from "Devil May Cry". Dante is the main character in the games (up to number 4). He is a mercenary/private investigator specializing in the paranormal/demon hunting. He is the son of a demon, so he has superhuman strengths. His weapons are cursed, so they are ultra powerful. His guns called "Ebony and Ivory" never need reloading.

Trish's backstory is; she hired Dante to stop a demon from taking over Earth. However, it was revealed that she was actually a servant of that said demon. She fell in love w/ dante, and helps him kill the demon, to free herself. She then partners up w/ Dante.

I don't see us getting a throne, but would say there are better than even chances of getting alternate colored figures (either red, or white, or whatever Phoenix) because everything else stays the same, making it an extremely cheap option for DST to release extra figures.

I think that CotM set is the first time I'll buy multiples of a set I don't really want, just for the parts. I really hope they do those new swords Blade has and retire Deadpool's leprechaun katanas.

Also, can anyone tell if Drac's topknot is the same as Omega Red's, or if it's a new sculpt?

lol, "leprechaun katanas" :P