UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick word of advice to folks picking these up...

Be VERY careful with the Knee's of the Mark IV, the one from my borders set busted within seconds of coming out of the package, I literally just evened his feet off so I could stand him up the leg and the pin sheared.

Also the Left ( his left not mine) arm seems to drop off if I so much as look at it wrongly, it will stay on fine without the armor though, so the thickness of the armor must cause it to pop off. Anyone else getting this or is this just my set?

T.

A quick word of advice to folks picking these up...

Be VERY careful with the Knee's of the Mark IV, the one from my borders set busted within seconds of coming out of the package, I literally evened his feet to stand him up the leg and the pin sheared.

They are pretty dainty. My leg didn't shear off, but both legs are a bit floppy, and the left arm won't stay on its peg. The plastic for these is very soft.

not good news on the QC issues.. I will keep my fingers crossed.. I wonder if they have a few different factories working on different series or something.. seems weird to have some high quality waves mixed in with soft plastic/color problems/etc waves.. Hard to believe its all coming out of the same place.

I don't know if my report will help calm people down but I honestly don't have any major complaints with my Borders IM Mark IV or BD Whiplash. However, can you guys confirm that your Borders BD Whiplash comes with no whip? I assume having no whip but the molded hand with whip handle is movie accurate since he's battle damaged and can't use his whip anymore.

Also, I forgot to mention this for the packaging variant completists. At Borders, the Wave 35 stuff has a different UPC so there's a UPC sticker over that white area covering the normal UPC that I assume will be used for the regular non-Borders/non-TRU release. The Borders exclusive set has it printed on directly but the normal wave at Borders has the sticker. I take it as a sign that they are all the same figures.

So .....is the Borders stuff ....plentiful (hint hint) ;)

Regards the QC issues ......maybe we're all looking for problems now?? I've mentioned in a low key way for some while that it is almost as if there are two 'factions' at DST producing Minimates that often differ ,not only in subtle design differences but quality as well. 'Factions' isn't the right word but it'll do & if you ask me to be specific I'd struggle but we have had some beautiful stuff (more often than not) in the last year & the occasional shite which almost appear to be produced by a different company/manufacturer &/or different design studio. I got the drift with Captain Britain which was a bit of a disappointment to me..... the mask was just bloody lazy with no detail to the back & I convinced myself that I was just fretting about trivia. I almost convinced myself that maybe the limitations of Minimate production meant that masks couldn't be detailed on the back ....Cosmic Spider-Man (for example) completely blows that theory out of the water. When Ivan did his April Fool spoof of the Database it was fascinating to see how many Minimates have detailing to the rear of the masks ......or not. I realise that I'm the only person who could care less about CB's mask but it seems that the Vulture's wings are a big deal ,the new Spidey a disaster ,Black Cat is sad etc.etc. I'm disappointed to hear about these niggling issues with Iron-Man though because these are very important for the line.

Nothing yet still at my nearest TRU, but I scored at my local Borders.

I had to ask an employee as I saw the Marvel Select Iron Man and War Machine out about them. The number posted on this topic earlier came in handy as that was how she found out they had just gotten them in a day ago and were still in the back.

She went to the back then and came out with a hand full of them saying how they were sitting in a cart as is, not in a box or anything.

Anyway, I got...

Mark IV Iron Man/Whiplash

Hammer Drone/ Pepper Potts

Hammer Drone/Happy Hogan

They also had two of the Borders exclusive Mark IV Iron Man/Battle Damaged Whiplash, but I felt they were as needed given I got the regular versions of the two.

No Mark V Iron Man/War Machine which was shown on the back of the packaging. I'm guessing someone beat me to it. Though surprising they'd only get that one alone. Still, I gots me new Iron Man minimates. XD

So far I've had no QC issues with mine. The Mark IV Iron Man's arms kinda are loose attached to the torso, but nothing majorly bad there. Whiplash is pretty cool and I think it was probably a good idea they molded his whipe to seperate hands for him.

Pepper is...well, Pepper, but Happy Hogan not only comes with the Mark V suit in suitcase form, but a pair of boxing gloves. XD LOL

The Drone are nice too, though not much arm movement due to the shoulder pads of the torso part, though the same can be said for Iron Man as well.

Still, they seem like really nice figures. Now if I can just find that War Machine...and of course the TRU guys.

Nothing at the three Borders I checked in the past two days. Has anybody found them at a mall store? The people there don't seem to know anything about anything. I even asked about a book that I wanted to pick up and got mostly blank stares. I do find it a little odd that these are hitting everywhere else when Borders is based in Ann Arbor.

Nothing at the three Borders I checked in the past two days. Has anybody found them at a mall store? The people there don't seem to know anything about anything. I even asked about a book that I wanted to pick up and got mostly blank stares. I do find it a little odd that these are hitting everywhere else when Borders is based in Ann Arbor.

If your Mall's Borders is considered a Borders Express store, i doubt it'll have it. Express stores are notorious for not carrying this sort of thing.

Best bet is to find a seperate store or a nice Boardie. :confused:

If your Mall's Borders is considered a Borders Express store, i doubt it'll have it. Express stores are notorious for not carrying this sort of thing.

Best bet is to find a seperate store or a nice Boardie. :confused:

Yeah, I guessed as much but I figured I'd check at least one. They actually did have a modest little toy section with some IM2 Mega Blocks sets.

Out of the two other stores I went to, the one guy who actually seemed to want to help me just pointed me toward the Marvel Select figures and said he didn't remember seeing any other IM2 stuff yet.

Edited by God Magnus

Magnus,

Did you try the Borders in Ann Arbor off of Seline Rd already?

That's the closest one to me and i'll be in that area several times next week if they are supposed to be getting these in.

If they are i can snag up an extra of what ever you might be looking for if they arrive and we can combine efforts, i hate playing the minimate chase game from city to city in any attempt to snag minis before they're all gone.

Magnus,

Did you try the Borders in Ann Arbor off of Seline Rd already?

That's the closest one to me and i'll be in that area several times next week if they are supposed to be getting these in.

If they are i can snag up an extra of what ever you might be looking for if they arrive and we can combine efforts, i hate playing the minimate chase game from city to city in any attempt to snag minis before they're all gone.

I usually don't make it out that far. I'm in Livonia so I'll be able to hit the Farmington Hills, Novi, Canton, and Dearborn stores on my extended toy hunting circuit. I'm planning on grabbing a couple extra exclusive packs to help other people out annd see if I can put together the regular wave.

My TRU set arrived in the mail yesterday, and I've got to say that these are some impressive little buggers. I really like the flip up mask for the Rhodey 'Mates and the tie on Tony. Nifty enough to make me interested in MORE Iron Men, so DST did something right with these.