UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

Ever wonder why tru.com sold out of the Black Widow pack so quickly?

Well, now we know were all the money you made selling off the older mates went to. ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it must be nice being a jerk and buying all of the variant packs online while i have to drive around to 4 different toys r us's hoping to score the 1-2 packs they get might get in. I also feel very sorry for all the collectors overseas or no where near a toys r us who will now have to pay top dollar to get a pack. Thanks for being the hoarder you are, im glad i get to waste 3 dollars a gallon because of you

it must be nice being a jerk and buying all of the variant packs online while i have to drive around to 4 different toys r us's hoping to score the 1-2 packs they get might get in. I also feel very sorry for all the collectors overseas or no where near a toys r us who will now have to pay top dollar to get a pack. Thanks for being the hoarder you are, im glad i get to waste 3 dollars a gallon because of you

I am glad to see that you cant read a spoiler tag and realize he was only kidding! chill it!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Actually, I'm sure it is nice being a jerk.

I really didn't expect anyone to vocalize what I figured everyone was thinking. Yes, the photo isn't accurate (thus the spoiler). Here's a more accurate one (that I have titled, 'Grounds For Divorce'):

100_2157.jpg

And although I'm sure there are some who hoard multiple sets of waves, I'm not sure if anyone has 16 sets of the newest IM2 wave (or would need to). I placed four orders off of tru's website to fulfill the needs of several international members and even a few locally. I just wanted to have some fun with 64 2 packs and insinuate they were all hard to find (how often can you post a picture like that). I've had my fun now, carry on.

i appologize but i know there are people who are doing this, and i had a crappy day driving to 1 tru an hour and a half away today and when i arrived i was told yea they are probably on the truck but you'll just have to call or come back tonight. When i called this afternoon they were like we don't know, just come in tomorrow... even though i made it a point to say um, im an hour and a half away so could i get a straight answer. i wish since toys r us getting these is a big deal for both companies but man could they at least have customer service be about customer service.

Sorry for the rant i just hate chasing minis down throughout the state.

Actually, I'm sure it is nice being a jerk.

I really didn't expect anyone to vocalize what I figured everyone was thinking. Yes, the photo isn't accurate (thus the spoiler). Here's a more accurate one (that I have titled, 'Grounds For Divorce'):

100_2157.jpg

And although I'm sure there are some who hoard multiple sets of waves, I'm not sure if anyone has 16 sets of the newest IM2 wave (or would need to). I placed four orders off of tru's website to fulfill the needs of several international members and even a few locally. I just wanted to have some fun with 64 2 packs and insinuate they were all hard to find (how often can you post a picture like that). I've had my fun now, carry on.

:blink::ohmy::jawdrop:

you are an amazing person to be so helpful!

Jeff of the Miniacs

While I don't have 16 sets I did get a combined 2 sets from my wife, mom and brother for my birthday. I also managed to get some of the Borders Exclusives also. I do still need 2 Happy Hogans if anyone has extras from the odd Borders cases send me a PM and I'll buy or trade. Thanks.

Did I miss something? do we know why they were 'discontinued?' Did they not think they would be very popular or something?

Since these are a one and done wave. They already have another Sku in their computer system for a second wave of IM 2 minimates.

wait WAVE 2???? so were gonna get another wave of tru ironman 2 mates?? or do you mean a second shipment of this wave

Edited by robomate

wait WAVE 2???? so were gonna get another wave of tru ironman 2 mates?? or do you mean a second shipment of this wave

Yeah, a second wave. It'll most likely be two more exclusive packs and two from the regular wave like they did with Wolverine Origin. Most of us have already assumed that this is where we'll see the as-yet-unanounced non-battle damaged Mark VI.

On an unrelated not, I thought I'd share a few quick thoughts about these since I've had some time to look at them a bit more closely.

I don't mind the bow-legs as much as I thought I would. Mine don't look quite as bad as some of the pictures I've seen and mine actually stand quite well. I really think they did this on purpose as the feet seem to be even when the legs are separated a bit more than the standard mate.

I love the new helmets. Both visor-up and visor-down versions are fantastic! I don't really mind so much being stuck with an extra Mark IV from the Borders set since I can display one of each helmet style.

I haven't had as much problems with loose fitting arms as I've read about. I suspect, though, that that problem might be due to a combination of the paint in the shoulder socket being slick and the new chest pieces and upper arms giving these guys something of an "I can't put my arms down!" syndrome.

Something I've noticed on Black Widow that I'm surprised I haven't seen commented on yet is her belt/holster piece. It's a really cool looking one-piece deal that fits around the waist piece and the left upper leg. The only drawback is that it effectively immobilizes her left leg at the hip joint and only allows for slight side-to-side adjustments. It definitely adds more than it takes away from this figure but I did have to pull out her left foot a bit to get her to stand up straight.

Two things I'm slightly disappointed about related to James Rhodes. One, both the Mark II head and the War Machine head have the exact same face. Nothing major, but it would have been nice to see maybe a smile or something on one of them. Second, still no Rhodey in an Air Force uniform. I really want one for some reason that I can't exactly explain. Here's hoping for one in TRU wave 2.

Edited by God Magnus

What do you guys think the odds are that diamond will be selling the Iron Man Movie wave at C2E2 this weekend?

Reason I ask being, it sounds like between the borders wave and the TRU wave all the IM2 mates are out there, I think. So I'm thinking maybe I can just get them "straight from the tap" come Friday.

PS. I'm going nuts waiting for C2E2. (I'm going, btw) Since we haven't heard much news lately, and Diamond actually has a full on minimates panel planned, I'm assuming we'll see at least 1 new wave debut, at the very least, if not more. And I'll get to breath on the glass case and see them up close, then turn to Matt and say, "Why the hell is there still no Jubilee in this wave!?"

Fun times.

I think you mean Chuck seeing how Matt no longer works for DST.

Hmm. Wasn't aware. You'd think I'd have picked that up on these boards somewhere, but this is the first I'm hearing of it. In that case, I guess I do mean Chuck.

I only said Matt since he was the one primarily manning the booth at the last con I went too. :P

Edited by Gillbob316

I don't know what it is about those variant packs.. even when I don't like them.. I have to get them.

A weird form of collector's OCD. I have been buying exclusives recently right and left even though I don't like them. Just to have them.

Welcome to the club :blush:

As for you Groundhog ....... :no:

Edited by buttheadsmate

sorry. someone did a pic like that with the Wondercon Lantern figs (maybe 32 sets?) and every post from the guy was a hubris filled flame in waiting.

Okay, I'm going to open my mouth and be a jerk. Every time someone says "I drove all over town for an hour looking for thus-and-such" or "I hit the only TRU an hour and a half away", I smile. Why? Well, one because I'm a sadist.

Not really.

But more importantly I could drive for an hour and a half and still not be across Houston. If I'm driving that long, I've probably hit 30 Walmarts, Targets, TRUs, TJ Maxx and LCSs. And I'd STILL not hit everything! Which tends to be why I don't do it but once a year. :P

Okay, I'm going to open my mouth and be a jerk. Every time someone says "I drove all over town for an hour looking for thus-and-such" or "I hit the only TRU an hour and a half away", I smile. Why? Well, one because I'm a sadist.

Not really.

But more importantly I could drive for an hour and a half and still not be across Houston. If I'm driving that long, I've probably hit 30 Walmarts, Targets, TRUs, TJ Maxx and LCSs. And I'd STILL not hit everything! Which tends to be why I don't do it but once a year. :P

TJ Maxx sells Minimates?!?!?!? :huh:

Not really.

TJ Maxx sells Minimates?!?!?!? :huh:

Once. Only once. Oh what a day.

Sorry, that's not the way I am. But you should see my picture of 116 Borders exclusives. No one in the whole mid-west is going to find those now...

:D :D :D You just don't know when to shut up and sit down, do you? :P

Sorry, that's not the way I am. But you should see my picture of 116 Borders exclusives. No one in the whole mid-west is going to find those now...

:D :D :D You just don't know when to shut up and sit down, do you? :P

I thought it was funny...

Seriously, the only folks who would think that was for real are those who hardly ever come to the forum. For all the regulars around here, you know that what makes this community work is that folks look out for each other. Anybody willing to do something like that isn't going broadcast it, they're gonna head straight over to ebay.

As much as I'd like an army of Black Widows, somethings are better just left to the imagination.

...so does anyone know when the regular series 35 wave will hit comic stores?

I have seen the date April 30th posted on a few sites as estimated delivery. If so, that should put them either on Diamond's April 28th or May 5th delivery to comic shops. B)

Edited by youbastards

Glad to see all of the posts finding them in the TRU's now.. inspired me to check again here in Salt Lake City and I was able to pick up the exclusives today. I still think they are missing out on something by not putting these out front with the massive Iron Man 2 display. Great for us that looke everywhere.. but to keep TRU in the loop, we need these to sell well.

2" Scarlett Johansson... nice. I think I will set up a wedding scene display with her and my Hal Jordan mini.. or do I go with Movie version Wade Wilson?... hmmm.. GL.