UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have them yet (pray for tomorrow...i want 'Tasha now. :)) but i gotta sa, i know the "Mk II" Rhodey is gonna dissapoint me. I mean, come on; that is a Mk IV armor, right down to the newly sculpted arms. If you're gonna call it Mk II, make it a Mk II. No where in the movie/novel does it mention upgrading the Mk II with Mk IV tech, and i'm sure it won't, so why do it?? Asthetics?? Because i'd have preferred the older suit for as much accuracy as possible.

Besides that, i wish Rhodey could have had and angrier face than just a copy of War Machine; i know it's just one exclusive figure with as much cost-cutting taken as possible, and it will be a great figure, but (slight spoiler, though very vague, ahead) for the scene that this is supposed to be depicting i expect Jim's head to be pissed as all fuck under there. :confused:

can u post some pics plz it would meen the world to me and it could hold me off for tommorow which they are coming and i dont care about the quality i really want to see wipslash and war machine ohhh and the 4 armor especailly mark 4 and 5 thanks a bunch :biggrin:

Edited by ironfist1234

Does anyone know why they chose to make War Machines eyes and chest circle blue when it is clearly supposed to be red.

Ya see, here's the confusing part:

Minimate: Blue Eyes and Reactor

Hasbro A: Red Eyes, Red Reactor

Hasbro B: Blue Eyes, Blue Reactor

Hasbro 6": Red Eyes, Red Reactor

Hot Toys: Red Eyes, Red Reactor

DST Select: Red Eyes, BLUE Reactor

DST Select Box: Blue Eyes, Blue Reactor

Now it seems as though Red eyes i pracitcally unanimous for all of them, but the Reactor varies depending on the toy. What i personally think is that the Eyes are meant glow Red, but the Reactor is meant to glow WHITE. DST almost nailed it with their Select version, but they made the glow Blue accidentally. Hasbro, i'm assuming, since they are marketing to children, wanted the eyes and the Reactor to match so they are both red.

Th only issue s Hot Toys, and they are a company based on total accuracy. So imagine that would apply here too.

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME CONSISTENCY?!?!?!

No suitcase with the Mark V.

That's because it comes with Happy Hogan. ;) Incentive to buy the Variant?? I think so. :lol:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Looks like Black Widow/Rhodey are sold out on-line again. They show as 'In Stock' until you add them to your cart. And it looks like the other exclusive isn't too far behind it (less than 40 in stock).

Funny how the one pack without a real Iron Man is the one that sells best.

Went to my TRU today and they had the huge Iron Man 2 display set up, but no Iron Man 2 minimates. An employee asked if I needed help and I asked about the minimates and they replied how they hadn't gotten them in yet, but apparently they were expecting them.

The fact that the employee was familiar with what I asked means hopefully something here in the next week or so.

As I work right next to my TRU and go there nearly every day on my lunch break, the employees are familiar with me and when I walked in today the manager saw the Thursday new truck full of stuff anticipation on my face and stopped me and told me that their truck didn't come today and won't be there till tomorrow. <_<

Looks like Black Widow/Rhodey are sold out on-line again. They show as 'In Stock' until you add them to your cart. And it looks like the other exclusive isn't too far behind it (less than 40 in stock).

Funny how the one pack without a real Iron Man is the one that sells best.

I think it's just that the collectors (and maybe some scalpers) may not want to do the hunt and probably have Wave 35 preordered somewhere else. I know I don't like the hunt and plan to get the Wave 35 at the LCS.

If they released the regular TRU wave online earlier than the stores, there wouldn't be so many of them left. I'm really not surprised that there's so many of the WWH/MrF and Klaw/Storm packs available. Sucks that kids and impulse buyers may not be able to get them in store since us "collectors" probably grabbed them first and they may not think to go online. But maybe, just maybe, they'll get a better chance at the Iron Man 2 wave exclusives.

That IS why I go there, because everyone knows my name! :biggrin:

I'd like to visit your TRU one day and feel what you feel!

I went to Borders to check on the IM Exclusives. According to the clerk, they arrive today and will hit the floor within a day or two. They were good enough to ask for my name and said they'll call when they get them.

They already had the large format DST exclusive IM statue

Edited by captain_cbecker

You'll have to let us know when you get them if there is a sku number or something. I went to my Borders yesterday and no one knew what I was talking about so it would be nice going back if there was an identification # to give them.

I went to Boders to check on the IM Exclusives. According to the clerk, they arrive today and will hit the floor within a day or two. They were good enough to ask for my name and said they'll call when they get them.

... and which Boarders might this be that's putting them out in a day or two?

You'll have to let us know when you get them if there is a sku number or something. I went to my Borders yesterday and no one knew what I was talking about so it would be nice going back if there was an identification # to give them.

Just like a Borders I visited last week, they were lazy to check their computer. At least I left with a pink stuffed Domo so it wasn't a waste of a trip. Anyway, I checked another store and if they logged into their system (not standard kiosk search that customers can use) they can find it if they simply searched under "minimates" or "iron man 2 minimates". It's not hard if they actually felt like helping.

So seems like the west coast will get them first? :P

This was the information included in my confirmation email when the clerk at my Borders pre-ordered them for me.

Title: Ironman 2 Minimates 2pk Asst

By: Diamond

Quantity: 2

Date Placed: Mar 29, 2010

Reserve#: 10005*****

Note that the title has Ironman as all one word. The first clerk who searched said they normally have these type of products in the Sci-Fi search bracket.

Nice Onyx, thank you for the information. There is 1 sole Borders still operating within a few hour drive of me (all the Barnes and Nobles drove them off years ago) I'll have to give it a shot.

I am surprised no one has seen the TRU versions in store yet.. hmmm.. there is always tomorrow.